NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pssh, what competition? We had some guy named....Daniel Lottery or something at fullback, what was Slater afraid of.

In the Raiders v Knights game, at the 73rd, 74th or 75th minute, did I hear the ref shout (not just say) "FORWARD but we'll let it go" when Gagai passed to SKD who flicked it back in to someone just before Barnett scored? Can someone watch that to tell me exactly what they heard after the 'FORWARD" shout?

In the Raiders v Knights game, at the 73rd, 74th or 75th minute, did I hear the ref shout (not just say) "FORWARD but we'll let it go" when Gagai passed to SKD who flicked it back in to someone just before Barnett scored? Can someone watch that to tell me exactly what they heard after the 'FORWARD" shout?

He was calling 4th tackle and told Croker to let go.

Kasey Badger or Belinda Sleeman will be one of the pocket refs in the Round 26 match between Tigers and Warriors.

They will be the first ever female ref to officiate an NRL game.

Right, so what was the forward in reference to?

He didn't call forward.

It's a system they brought in after the 7 tackle mess in 2013. The refs call what tackle it is so they both know what it's at. One ref will count and tell the other where it's at in the count.

This is what he actually said.

"4th."
"4th tackle. Let go Jarrod."

He didn't call forward.

It's a system they brought in after the 7 tackle mess in 2013. The refs call what tackle it is so they both know what it's at. One ref will count and tell the other where it's at in the count.

This is what he actually said.

"4th."
"4th tackle. Let go Jarrod."

Well I must be going deaf haha because I am sure it was 'forward' but I guess it does sound like 'Jarrod'.

Kasey Badger or Belinda Sleeman will be one of the pocket refs in the Round 26 match between Tigers and Warriors.

They will be the first ever female ref to officiate an NRL game.

And now this won't happen.

Kasey Badger was set to be a pocket ref for the Round 26 match, but now she will have to wait another year after a bad report about her sideline duties.. Like every other ref is doing a magnificent job at the moment..

Kasey Badger was set to be a pocket ref for the Round 26 match, but now she will have to wait another year after a bad report about her sideline duties.. Like every other ref is doing a magnificent job at the moment..
She must have called forward passes forward, instead of just ignoring them like every other touch judge.

She must have called forward passes forward, instead of just ignoring them like every other touch judge.

Other refs miss send-offs right in front of their noses and everyone else gets punished for it.

With The Storm sitting on 42 points with a game to go, was thinking what is the highest regular season points finish ever in the current comp/games played season?

Playing the Raiders in Melbourne, coopers last game surely they will win and go onto 44 points. Is this a record? Bloody decent effort I reckon!!

And, with the Knights struggling winning 5 games, is this the lowest in our current comp setup?

And, with the Knights struggling winning 5 games, is this the lowest in our current comp setup?
I wouldn't think so, the Knights won heaps more games this season compared to last year.

With The Storm sitting on 42 points with a game to go, was thinking what is the highest regular season points finish ever in the current comp/games played season?

Playing the Raiders in Melbourne, coopers last game surely they will win and go onto 44 points. Is this a record? Bloody decent effort I reckon!!

The highest ever was set by Storm in 2006 with 44 points. Backed that up the next season with 44 points.

So this would be the first time they did it legally.

Not surprised one bit. The problem for Kasey -other than the sexist boys club - is that she's very visible. People watch her and make note of when she fails and when she doesn't. Name another sideline ref that people recognise.

---
I was never a feminist and have always sort of believed that women were treated equally and feminists were evil, but when I had a daughter that all changed. I'd like for her to not think that the ultimate goal in her life is to find a husband, otherwise she will be an outcast. I'd like her not to hear people say "stop crying like a girl"or "man up" Little things like that. It's nothing compared to what women in the past have suffered, but it certainly has room for improvement.

The problem with the feminist movement is that they tried to raise women up by dragging men down. I would like to empower men and the importance of the father figure at the same time. Watch a TV sitcom and show me a father figure who is not a buffoon (the first show I've found in years is This Is Us, refreshing change from Modern Family or Peppa Pig). I'd like my son to think he can grow up and be respected by his family (if he chooses to have one).

----
End feminist rant.
Boo Matt Chechin, second worst ref in the league behind Ashley Klien, or is that 3rd behind Perenara as well?

I was watching the Matty Johns show when Hindy and Fletch do their out of depth interviews.

They interviewed Bill Harrigan and Sean Hampstead and were asked how they would deal with Cameron Smith.

Harrigan replied, "He'll be getting splinters from sitting on the bench." He said he is in the refs face too much and the refs today just let him get away with it but he wouldn't have tolerated it and would sin bin him.

He also said the bunker is not a problem, it's the people in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.