NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Does anyone know if any money actually goes back to any veterans organisations for this round? Or is it just a club cash grab?

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
Parramatta. Jesus ****.

View attachment 21754
OMG
vomit GIF

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
How does Radley, with a rap sheet like Neddy Smith, escape with a 3K fine for his hit last night?
Fair question, that.. How did he also escape a HIA check in that three way collision? Well, how did all three of them avoid it?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Does anyone know if any money actually goes back to any veterans organisations for this round? Or is it just a club cash grab?

This is what I'd love to know, as well.

If they're purely using the term 'ANZAC' just to sell some more jerseys, then that's really poor form in my book.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
This is what I'd love to know, as well.

If they're purely using the term 'ANZAC' just to sell some more jerseys, then that's really poor form in my book.

Notice they aren't using "ANZAC" but "Commemorative". Doesn't seem they even got permissions to use ANZAC.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
I may be wrong here....
I think the players jerseys are being auctioned off after the games. With the proceeds going to an ANZAC charity.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
The Parra one is like dirty toilet paper 🧻

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
The Parra Jersey is like used toilet paper 🚽 🧻

The Fisherman

The Fisherman

QCup Player
Aug 16, 2020
Dolphins have the two leading try scorers Hammer and Isako 8 each in the NRL after their round 6 win over the Cowboys, who would have thought

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
There is a few things that is just complete annoying me and creeping into our game more and more.
- The amount of forward passes especially for dummyhalf is just absurd. We have 2 touch judges in line with the play but too scares to make the calls because it slows down the play. Yes players move up quick and they want to gain as much meter's as possible but that's no excuse for the them to do it. Make the call touches and stop the forward passes, trust me they will slow down very quickly.

- Players staying down to get a penalty, now this is the one that really gets to me. If a player is that hurt to stay down at all then he should be sent off the field for a HIA every time. We have a bunker and medical staff there get them to earn their pay checks and trust me that will stop very quickly too. Yes I understand when a player lands on his neck from a spear tackle, but copping a shot just above the neck knowing they will get a penalty, straight off for HIA. That will stop them very quickly as well.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
wow. Crawley has gone full sensationalist in his latest article.

two of the questions/comments he made:

1. are the Dolphins, Bennett's greatest achievement?
2. Did Hunt just cost Griffin his job?

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
There is a few things that is just complete annoying me and creeping into our game more and more.
- The amount of forward passes especially for dummyhalf is just absurd. We have 2 touch judges in line with the play but too scares to make the calls because it slows down the play. Yes players move up quick and they want to gain as much meter's as possible but that's no excuse for the them to do it. Make the call touches and stop the forward passes, trust me they will slow down very quickly.

- Players staying down to get a penalty, now this is the one that really gets to me. If a player is that hurt to stay down at all then he should be sent off the field for a HIA every time. We have a bunker and medical staff there get them to earn their pay checks and trust me that will stop very quickly too. Yes I understand when a player lands on his neck from a spear tackle, but copping a shot just above the neck knowing they will get a penalty, straight off for HIA. That will stop them very quickly as well.
Is that you Gal? Lol but got to say I completely agree with Gus and Gal on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Big Del
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • mrslong
  • mystico
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.