NRL Judiciary Discussion

For those playing at home:

neither NAS (Elbow to the head) or King (eye gouge) were charged.

talking about protected species, the Storm will always be number 1 in that department

I was talking about the spear tackle he made early in the game ?
No elbows in the high lights ?

Not sure how they can defend the Cleary tackle

He lifts up with the a hand between the legs and then drives down, he doesn’t drive down as forcefully as some of the others but he definitely applies some force downwards, he will be out for at least 3-4 weeks I would imagine

I was talking about the spear tackle he made early in the game ?
No elbows in the high lights ?

not surprising they wouldn't want that shown.

it happened about 3:30 into the game (probably the set after the dangerous tackle) and Egan went off for a HIA. NAS was the top man in a 3 man tackle and as they took Egan to the ground NAS hits Egan in the head with a forearm, which also makes Egans head hit the ground with force.

p.s. the bunker looked at it and NAS was placed on report

Lol the King eye gouge was identical to the one from last week that cost a player 5 weeks (name escapes me). What a joke.

I wasn’t expecting nas to get charged for his doggery, that’s stock standard for him. Imagine if those intentional the Rock-like elbow drops were performed by tpj in a Broncos jersey, he’d be getting 3 weeks bare minimum.

Lol the King eye gouge was identical to the one from last week that cost a player 5 weeks (name escapes me). What a joke.

I wasn’t expecting nas to get charged for his doggery, that’s stock standard for him. Imagine if those intentional the Rock-like elbow drops were performed by tpj in a Broncos jersey, he’d be getting 3 weeks bare minimum.

Corey Waddell is who you're thinking about ... and i reckon he'd be pissed

If Flegler had have played the exact same game as NAS, we wouldn't see him again until next season

For those playing at home:

neither NAS (Elbow to the head) or King (eye gouge) were charged.

talking about protected species, the Storm will always be number 1 in that department

And the NRL wonder why people are walking away from the game and the rest absolutely despise Melbourne when they have to put up with bullshit like this.

How is this allowed in the game? The second incident particularly, clearly attacking the head - with his whole body weight, on a prone man hitting the ground. He could literally kill someone doing that shit. What a dog ****.

How is this allowed in the game? The second incident particularly, clearly attacking the head - with his whole body weight, on a prone man hitting the ground. He could literally kill someone doing that shit. What a dog ****.

View attachment 19395

View attachment 19396
View attachment 19397
That forearm/elbow to the face has his full 130kg frame coming down on egan's face. That is brutal and meant to injure someone. If the nrl is not charging a play attempting to crack another players jaw, what are they doing?

I’d say NAS is a dog, but bigger dogs are usually aware of their size and are gentle giants

NAS is a massive guy, but with that comes a certain responsibility to not use that size to purposely injure opponents.

If they’re purely collision incidents from attempted tacklers hitting and bouncing off and hitting the ground or head in the wrong position, fair enough, but they aren’t. It’s deliberate raised knees and elbows and an entire body weight behind them

Every week this **** is on report and nothing ever happens. He’s a thug and should be kicked out of the game

Yeah, this is all just a mess that they have made for themselves. If the Broncos were still going shit, I would not watch NRL.

Worst thing about all this, is that there will be someone who gets seriously injured or dies because of these things and the NRL has had many chances to set their standards very strongly, but they have put money/entertainment above consistency.

For all the talk about player welfare, the non-charged incidents of the weekend really demonstrate a lack of concern for it long-term.

But hey, this is an organisation that adds rules on the fly, gets rid of them almost as quickly, changes interpretations to suit their agenda, and tells the fans, who have followed the game passionately for decades that they are wrong. We really should expect it.

View attachment 19395

View attachment 19396
View attachment 19397

That's as bad as any lifting tackle but the NRL makes it a point to make an example of something and completely forgets about something as shown above. He easily could have broken his jaw there.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mieko
  • Lurker
  • Fatboy
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.