NRL Judiciary Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
RE: the NAS forearm to the head

Match review coordinator Luke Patten said:

“There was clear separation between Nelson Asofa-Solomona’s arm and the head of Wayde Egan as the players went to the ground.

“Asofa-Solomona’s arm lands on Egan’s chest on a diagonal and makes incidental contact with his head/neck after the ground impact. As a result, the Match Review Committee cleared the tackle of involving either a head slam or a dangerous contact action.”

---------

"incidental contact with the head" ... that'll fucking do me

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
How the heck is Patten now the coordinator? He was literally the worst video ref and now he’s had a promotion?

The NRL continues to be the only organisation where the worst applicant gets the job.

And how long are they going to continue to treat fans with disdain? We aren’t blind and yet they continue to tell us that what is obvious to the eyes didn’t happen and think we’ll buy it.

I hate this organisation so much and if the Broncs weren’t in it, I’d never watch another game of NRL.

The whole organisation is absolutely disgusting. Why hate your sport’s fans?

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
I stopped having any confidence in any sensible outcome at the words Luke Patten.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
RE: the NAS forearm to the head

Match review coordinator Luke Patten said:

“There was clear separation between Nelson Asofa-Solomona’s arm and the head of Wayde Egan as the players went to the ground.

“Asofa-Solomona’s arm lands on Egan’s chest on a diagonal and makes incidental contact with his head/neck after the ground impact. As a result, the Match Review Committee cleared the tackle of involving either a head slam or a dangerous contact action.”

---------

That's the most ridiculous reasoning I have ever heard.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
How about the journo in the presser suggesting Carrigan "snapped" the guys ankle, what a flog, it was probably our mate Pete

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
It’s their turn the get a pound of flesh after his origin efforts. He’ll probably get the same as Cleary.

We wont fight it, we never really do. I would personally as i think its not as bad as that Cleary tackle on Billy and there is none of this twisting in the tackle some of the press are going on about, he just falls on his ankle and Hastings gets pulled backwards. It looks a bit ugly, but i stil dont think its that classic hip drop tackle.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
We wont fight it, we never really do. I would personally as i think its not as bad as that Cleary tackle on Billy and there is none of this twisting in the tackle some of the press are going on about, he just falls on his ankle and Hastings gets pulled backwards. It looks a bit ugly, but i stil dont think its that classic hip drop tackle.
I don’t think it was either, but we all know what’s coming.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Well considering the response to some of Flegs' incidents early in the year, I'm expecting Patty will get shafted. It should be a fine at worst, but we all know he'll sit out a couple of weeks. Which might be good to give him another rest.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Referred to the judiciary and I think he should get a suspension, it was an ugly tackle but for me the issue as it always is, is consistency.

Still not convinced its worth a suspension. As i keep saying, its not as bad as the one old golden boots put on Billy and he didnt get a ban for it. As you say, there is no consistency.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Still not convinced its worth a suspension. As i keep saying, its not as bad as the one old golden boots put on Billy and he didnt get a ban for it. As you say, there is no consistency.

That was obviously a pathetic decision because of who it was and that is the issue. This should be a suspension just as that should have been but given the MRC is rightly being called out for their ongoing stupidity, so they’ll want to make an example of a non-protected team.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • davidp
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.