NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all their signings, the Dogs still don't have any middles. They are just going to keep getting obliterated by the better teams and their spine isn't anywhere near good enough to negate that issue.

Despite all their signings, the Dogs still don't have any middles. They are just going to keep getting obliterated by the better teams and their spine isn't anywhere near good enough to negate that issue.
Or a halfback or a fullback. They have patches in their team everywhere. But hey, they have 20 utilities.

The Bulldogs current recruitment policy seems to be quantity over quality

So alongside Jake Turpin, the Bulldogs have also confirmed the signings of Kurt Mann, Drew Hutchinson and Poasa Faamausilli.

I think they're just stop gap signings that can be quickly moved on as soon as the younger players are ready. It may seem like they're just loading up on fringe first graders, but they're also busy signing a stack of junior talent as well.

It's very much like the Penrith model in 2012, where they brought in players like Ciraldo, Armit, Simpkins, Robinson (x2), Shackleton etc. Older guys who didn't have much time left, but were keen for another gig while the next generation of Panthers got to work on their development.

In 2013 you saw the inclusion of Matt Moylan, 2014 it was Cartwright, Yeo & DWZ, 2015 RCG, 2016 Cleary & Edwards etc.

I do think they require more focus, but then injuries were really unkind to the Bulldogs last year. Plus a few bad eggs and players with one foot out the door.

Moylan off to the SL with Leigh for 2024 and 2025

It’s Tricky Trindall Time, all of the time

Moylan had a longer career than I expected.

Burst onto the scene in 2013 and took the Panthers to an unlikely Prelim final in 2014. There was a brief window in 2016 when he was in the conversation for the best fullback in the game but he didn't take his opportunity and absolutely fell off a cliff the following year.

For years he was just a solid if not injury prone player for the Sharks. He did manage to squeeze out one last good year in 2022 but he clearly couldn't maintain that in 2023.

Still, 11 seasons of NRL is nothing to sneeze at.

It's one move the Sharks had to make if they wanted to find another gear. A 33-year old Moylan with questionable hamstrings wasn't going to take them to premiership glory. They have Trindall who they've poured years of development into, it's time to see what he's capable of before reassessing.

Still, they need improvement across the board. Especially in defence where they were found wanting in the big games. I thought that would have been Fitzgibbon's big focus but it just hasn't materialised for whatever reason.

I believe it has to do with the players and the squad is at that stage where they need to reconsider some positions.

Good for Cronulla, Trindall is an impressive little player.

Big fan of Trindall

QLDer too (sort of)

Moylan had a longer career than I expected.

Burst onto the scene in 2013 and took the Panthers to an unlikely Prelim final in 2014. There was a brief window in 2016 when he was in the conversation for the best fullback in the game but he didn't take his opportunity and absolutely fell off a cliff the following year.

For years he was just a solid if not injury prone player for the Sharks. He did manage to squeeze out one last good year in 2022 but he clearly couldn't maintain that in 2023.

Still, 11 seasons of NRL is nothing to sneeze at.

It's one move the Sharks had to make if they wanted to find another gear. A 33-year old Moylan with questionable hamstrings wasn't going to take them to premiership glory. They have Trindall who they've poured years of development into, it's time to see what he's capable of before reassessing.

Still, they need improvement across the board. Especially in defence where they were found wanting in the big games. I thought that would have been Fitzgibbon's big focus but it just hasn't materialised for whatever reason.

I believe it has to do with the players and the squad is at that stage where they need to reconsider some positions.

They had to pull the trigger with Trindall at some point

He's 24 (25 next year) and played 50 games. Like you mentioned defence, and Young Matt Moylan's in particular, was costing them games and just couldn't keep up

Staines with 2 more years at Wests

Roosters: Siua Wong signs for two more years until end of '26, Billy Smith for 24 and Connor Watson until end of 25

Flegler looks like a guy who doesn’t want to be there in the Dolphins wear. It will be interesting to see how he goes, he just hasn’t seemed like he is all that positive about his move. If it weren’t for money, I doubt he’d be there.

Flegler looks like a guy who doesn’t want to be there in the Dolphins wear. It will be interesting to see how he goes, he just hasn’t seemed like he is all that positive about his move. If it weren’t for money, I doubt he’d be there.
The way I understand it, all the guys who came through together around that age are super tight and probably wanted to stay together but money is always difficult to pass up, especially in a short sports career.

Luai has reportedly had enough of playing finals ... The Tigers are reportedly the front runners for his services. A board meeting later this week will determine if the Tigers go "all in" for Luai

and you're basing this on.......a hunch?
....body language in a photo?

Women's intuition.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • vertigo
  • Spooky1013
  • Midean
  • Viti
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brotherdu
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • westy316
  • Justwin
  • BroncosMan
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.