NRL Players and family members in hot water

For the record Moylan is still captain, the story that came out about him losing it to Wallace was wrong.

@Super Freak

Surely there's more to this.

For the players named to be dropped in the first place I'd say there's more to it.....despite the fact that he hasn't lost the captaincy.

Its a fair call. Macca and others have done it and it has cost them a game. They became more mature players and people as a result. If your captain has broken curfew, its a bit more serious though, as he is one of the guys supposed to set an example for team culture. I think if Boyd spent a night on the town after a curfew was set, we would all be ropeable. Glad he doesn't.
So long as their coach doesn't do to them what happened to Shane Watson and have them doing "homework" self-appraisels, I'd be fine with it. If dropping players for disciplinary reasons cost the team a game, its on those players' heads, not the coach's, provided he was upfront with the consequences.

Would be nice if the penriff players drink up again for this coming week.

Canberra Raiders player Josh Papalii has been banned from driving for eight months and fined $1,000 after pleading guilty to drink-driving offences.
Papalii pleaded guilty in the ACT Magistrates Court today, the first time the case has been before the courts since the incident in January.
The court heard Papalii had made two anonymous triple-0 calls after 2:00am, complaining of a black car driving erratically in an area in Gungahlin.
Photo: Josh Papalii (L) was caught drink-driving in January. (AAP: Lucas Coch)
When police arrived they found Papalii, who admitted he had made the calls himself.
When police asked why he made the calls he told them: "I wanted to make a point."
The court heard Papalii had been drinking at a teammate's engagement party earlier in the night, and left his home following an argument.
When police breathalysed him, he returned a reading of 0.123
Papalii's lawyer told the court he had made the calls because he wanted help.
Magistrate Peter Morrison said he was struggling with the logic of the situation, but ultimately accepted the submission.
"I do accept your call was made as something of a call for help," he said.
"You are otherwise a person of good character with strong community and family ties."
Future in Anzac Test unclear

But Mr Morrison said there was an increased need for deterrence because of Papalii's high public profile.
"That role make you a role model ... including for young males," he said.
Mr Morrison said he would take into account that Papalii would also suffer some extra-curial punishment in penalties from the Raiders and the NRL.
He convicted Papalii, fining him $1,000 and banning him from driving for eight months.
The plea came a day after Papalii was named in the Kangaroos squad to face New Zealand in the Anzac Test.
His future with the Anzac Test squad is unknown.
Raiders CEO Don Furner said outside the court any further penalties would be up to the NRL and the Raiders board.
"Josh is very remorseful for what went on today we were well represented today and we are happy the matter is over and we'll move on from here," he said.
Topics: rugby-league, courts-and-trials, sport, law-crime-and-justice,canberra-2600, act, australia
First posted about 3 hours ago
This story is truly bizarre.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...tar-josh-papalii-guilty-drink-driving/8475986

You could assume there is possibly more to that story. Does anyone have experience with drink driving charges? Do you get blood tested or is that only done if you refuse the breathalizer?

Blood test or the machine at the station provide an accurate reading. If you refuse the breathalizer, you are arrested immediately.

I'm more interested in what point he was trying to make.....

When it comes to brains looks like Gillett wins hands down.

I'm more interested in what point he was trying to make.....

When it comes to brains looks like Gillett wins hands down.

Big. Call. But not without merit.

What point is he trying to make? That he has no regard for people's lives and can't be trusted behind the wheel?

Point made, well done Josh.

Domestic Violence case against Radradra has been dropped by the prosecution, unsurprisingly.

Domestic Violence case against Radradra has been dropped by the prosecution, unsurprisingly.

I knew it would. It would have been impossible for her to prove that he hit her.

There will likely be a settlement outside of court.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • BruiserMk1
  • theshed
  • Maroon4life
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.