LIVE GAME NRL Round 4 Discussion

So the ref is gonna call offsides and everything against tigers, but then completely ignore the blatant flop from Hopgood on a get out set after they've been defending for 5mins straight

Did not look like a strip there... if this ref is gonna give a discretionary yardage penalty there just call second effort or too long in the tackle...

Someone shove the whistle down the ref's throat...and he is a dead winger for English winger Joe Burgess.

kennedyl-referees-2023_nrl_0084-body-shot.png

This is all one way from the ref so far... tigers trying to play a game of footy and being whistled out of it.

Doesn't even look like parra have really turned up and they're being gifted field position and possession

It's been a frustrating performance from the Eels. They've created plenty of chances but they seem determine to score out-wide instead of playing it around the middle third. This is where Lussick has to be better as his pass execution and options have made it easy for the defence.

I would not be surprised if Gutherson pushes closer to the football to try and play short. The Eels are lacking direction and it appears the reason they are playing long is because of Gutho.

I expect the forwards to play more direct as well. Both Ofahengaue and Moretti enjoyed some success when they opted to tuck the ball.

Wests to their credit haven't rolled over and keep turning up. The game should swing and they need to take their moments. They had that opportunity in the first half and it ended with Seyfarth kicking it dead from dummy half. I'm not sure where the halves were, but everybody has to be better in that situation.

Moretti doesn't mind a dive... fucking grub in the making that one

That's better, instead of giving the ball to Lane and trying to go around, play short and go through them.

Hopgood dummy, fools the defence before he links up with Gutho with a superb pass and the Eels finally hit the front.

On the other side of the field, Tigers were looking likely until Sezer's dolly of a kick.

Absolutely zero has gone for the tigers so far and that binning will probably spell the end of this game

So are they just not calling on the chasers that aren't making genuine attempts at the ball?

I've seen one penalty for it in round 1, and then never again, but that one was blatant
Grey area for sure and IIRC it involved a Cronulla player and it wasn't that dissimilar from what we just saw.

That was a quality kick from Talagi, didn't expect that.

What was that penalty for?

Nice try that one... the wrap around completely fooled parra there

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Fozz
  • Maddy
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.