NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Good points, I was viewing it through another lens. I am invested in Brisbane heavily so am biased!

Brisbane is boring, not Canberra level boring but definitely not as exciting as Sydney or Melbourne for a younger person.
Canberra is not boring! We have roundabouts... and politicians...and Lakes....

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I know his management are being blamed but looking back is there just a pattern here, Titans and asked for a release- Warriors for a year, back to the Coast and Broncos- asks for a release.

Disputes with his former manager too.

I don't know too many players that have been to three clubs before they sign an NRL deal.

I just thought of it yesterday.
You’re saying Haas has an avoidant attachment style, likely caused by instability in his upbringing which results in him wanting to leave a club whenever he starts to feel attached so they can’t hurt him by rejecting him in much the same way others have done throughout his life? Damn that’s pretty sad

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
You’re saying Haas has an avoidant attachment style, likely caused by instability in his upbringing which results in him wanting to leave a club whenever he starts to feel attached so they can’t hurt him by leaving Jim the same way others have done throughout his life? Damn that’s pretty sad
It's probably more likely that he's a selfish prick who drops everything as soon as he's offered a little bit more money and has surrounded himself with people who piss in his pocket who believe they're victims that will do nothing positive for Payne Haas. **** that guy.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Mmmm, I don't think getting him in front of a camera would achieve anything. Fans forget, very very quickly. ALL Haas has to do is bust the line with his first few hit ups, run for 200+ and be on a winning team and that will be that....generally speaking. The fans will move on to the next story. Sure, a few die-hards will try to keep remembering why they're angry but, you know. Goldfish.
Yeah I'm not so sure about the Cherry is still on the nose with a lot of fans and SBW is still known as $BW or money bill williams... fans have a long memory when it comes to certain things.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Yes but other people doing well is generally not well received!

Heading into retirement so spending has been cut back to the minimum, you know only 5 streaming services etc. We all have to make sacrifices.
Nice one mate - how long left on the clock?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Yeah I'm not so sure about the Cherry is still on the nose with a lot of fans and SBW is still known as $BW or money bill williams... fans have a long memory when it comes to certain things.
I'm happy to cheer for the Broncos when he scores or does something good and boo the shit out of him until he apologizes and acts like an adult. And even then, **** that guy.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
The easiest way to settle this argument about which club is the biggest bunch of spoilt brats, is to look at the table.

Broncos > Roosters. QED.
Some of their supporters fit that description pretty well too....... :rofl

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You’re saying Haas has an avoidant attachment style, likely caused by instability in his upbringing which results in him wanting to leave a club whenever he starts to feel attached so they can’t hurt him by rejecting him in much the same way others have done throughout his life? Damn that’s pretty sad
I think by the time Payne retires 15 years from now, few will remember his days as a Brisbane Bronco. He'll be more remembered for this conversation with a female cop and her partners:

"Why you looking at me like that? Cause you’re a woman and you think that I won’t touch ya?"​
"**** the ID, I don’t need to give you ID. You got a badge on you and you think you’re a fucking tough ****. You put my family in jail you *****.”​
“Don’t come near me bro, I’ll fucking jab ya, on my mother’s life I will. Get the **** out of here bro, get the **** out of my face or I’ll take all of you on myself you fuckwits.”​

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Did anyone see the video of his old girl leaving court? It's no surprise he's a bit of a scum bag.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think by the time Payne retires 15 years from now, few will remember his days as a Brisbane Bronco. He'll be more remembered for this conversation with a female cop and her partners:

"Why you looking at me like that? Cause you’re a woman and you think that I won’t touch ya?"​
"**** the ID, I don’t need to give you ID. You got a badge on you and you think you’re a fucking tough ****. You put my family in jail you *****.”​
“Don’t come near me bro, I’ll fucking jab ya, on my mother’s life I will. Get the **** out of here bro, get the **** out of my face or I’ll take all of you on myself you fuckwits.”​
I had to double check you weren’t quoting Shakespeare

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I think it's fair to judge a city on their respective footballs leagues club. And the Raiders league club in gungahlin sucks.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Wow.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I think he is a fine player .
I also think he has a way to go before he is the best in his position . Getting to the ground quicker , offloads that lead to tries and more aggression in defence are areas I think he can improve .

Seeing Patty Carrigan nearly chop a bloke in half with a legit clean tackle a few weeks back reminded me how passive Haas is in defence . Hugger , not a hitter .
Payne uses Cam Smith style of tackle to conserve energy. It is one of the reasons his motor is so good. He is never expending energy trying to put hits on or ending up on the ground trying to get up. Also decreases his risk of high shots. It is smart but like you point out it makes him lack an aggressive edge.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
True but where we probably differ. You are probably one of those, you're mostly always right therefore you're representative of the right thinkers and accordingly you will tend to think there's a lot more like you. Not a crime, we're all a bit like that.

I don't agree though, I believe most won't give it a second thought...after a while and providing he plays well for us as I suggested earlier.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Stix
  • Morkel
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BruiserMk1
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  • Broncs1459
  • Browny
  • teampjta
  • Totally Unr3al
  • MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.