NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

If anyone is interested in Ikins views on the current situations.
Turpin granted permission to find a new club too!

Ikin is such an incredibly clear thinking person. He is always so pragmatic and doesn’t allow any emotion or ego to sneak into his thinking.

I’ve been so impressed by him and get keen to hear any interviews he does.

I wish turpin well. Like a few players of recent time he was an honest toiler who gave as much as he could. It just wasnt enough to hold onto a spot.
He has presented himself well on and off the field and will be a real asset at the right club. It just isnt the broncos. Good luck to him.
Walters and Paix are the present, and mozer might be their successor down the line which doesnt leave him much except as an ocasional fill in. He deserves more than that.

Out of this whole thing I am feeling a hell of a lot better about our club. After hearing Ikin tonight and the clubs actions so far, we are now back to being run by top end people. This club is looking good on the field and the back office I dare say is looking the best it has in a decade. We are not going to roll over and every decision will be done with the clubs best interest in mind with one aim being premierships.

Ikins refusal to answer if they’ve re-signed Cobbo makes it sound like they have. He is usually very candid so you would expect him to say if they haven’t.
Hope you're right, he's definitely in the "must retain" category.

That is a great listen... it makes me feel like we are in the right hands when it comes to rebuilding this club.

He's a great thinker of the game in the way that he breaks down a task... he'll use a philosophy to represent something instead of bogging it down and making it overly detailed and complex... like the conversation he had with Kevvie about what does his team look like, Kevvie gives him an answer and Ikin can use that to guide recruitment, etc.

When he was talking about R&R and his reply that we have to be solid with the plan on how we want to spend our cap and not get excited or reactive... it's that kind of leadership that allows them to baulk at Payne's request for a pay rise.

When you think of the storm, who have been the best club for basically 20yrs, you think they are just so professional in everything they do... I'm getting that vibe from Ikin.

I think if he's allowed to shape our football department as needed and is backed by DD and the board, then he really could get us right back up there as one of the most professionally run sports admins in Australia, which is where we used to be!!

You think of the conversations a guy like Capewell could be having in origin right now. As a guy becoming a veteran in the league if he's sitting there going on about how professional and on point everything is... it can start to build a reputation across the league and make players, like the Munsters, really start to take note and consider us again.

But maybe we secretly love the drama. I mean, would Fox sports be so successful if we only had the sport? It was getting a little dull there when we were just winning games and selecting the same team each week.

I think we owe Payne a round of applause for injecting a bit of excitement into the past two weeks. Because without that drama, we were going to play a struggling team and then have a quiet bye week.

We were kicking back. Origin selections were pretty obvious. We were signing juniors for succession. Back shop was running well. What a dull week it would have been without the guile and cunning of Khoder Nasser and the human marionette, Tyran Smith.

Neighbours had nothing on the NRL

Some truth in this.

Braith actually brought this up the other night on 360 and Kent carried on with it. I don't think they actually named Nasser, but they didn't leave much doubt as to who they were talking about and alluded to him not being the only one. Hopefully it gains a little more traction because it's a farce.

Nrl just needs to step up and block players doing this shit. People say oh but clubs move players on etc. yes, but in those cases the player is still getting paid their full contract amount because the club covers any shortfall. Players holding clubs hostage even mid contract is a joke. The RLPA is greedy and this has stemmed from the work Cameron smith did there. It’s gotta be tidied up.

Braith actually brought this up the other night on 360 and Kent carried on with it. I don't think they actually named Nasser, but they didn't leave much doubt as to who they were talking about and alluded to him not being the only one. Hopefully it gains a little more traction because it's a farce.
I believe hooper mentioned that there is talk about Nasser being involved

I reckon the NRL are scared shitless of taking these agents on because if they do, the agents will just manipulate their players into signing for a different code, and all of a sudden you've got an exodus of all the best players in the comp fucking off to French Rugby or some other shit because their agents are at war with the NRL.

They have a gun to the comps head because they know the NRL can't afford to lose those big names, especially now with the first grade player pool being as shallow as it is. It's FUBAR.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • jd87
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • davidp
  • RodF
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.