NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

He really fails the no dickhead policy though, so I can't see it happening.

Seriously imagine if we still had Fifita/Walsh.

Why don't Melbourne lose their star juniors, FFS. Only us and the Tigers, every star junior hyped and poached before we get any value.
After listening to the Ikin interview yesterday I was picturing us getting back to our powerhouse selves and the point where if you're a junior and you leave then that's it for you.

Look at Fifita... he doesn't look happy at the titans and apparently they're trying to move him on anyway, broncos have put up the no vacancy sign to him and Uncle Wayne has already spent half his cap on forwards so further investment for a $700k forward may not be viable.

He could effectively be out in the wilderness when it comes to staying in SEQ and possibly looking at a move to Sydney, which he didn't want to do only 2yr ago.

Walsh is looking burnt out after 18 months in first grade and is required to carry a hopeless warriors side, and soon he'll be relocating to NZ.

I want Walsh back at the broncos, but we may have already moved on to Cobbo, Ezra, Mozer, Gray, etc. and that's where we put our focus as an organisation, instead of going back to an ex.

If Ikin can get this broncos ship turned around and get our production line correct moving forward it could become a one and done for juniors, where you bide your time and earn the jersey... but if you up and head off, then that's it as far as representing the broncos because we've already moved onto the next.

Will Pryce is also the proud owner of one of the greatest spear tackles you could ever hope to see! Lucky he only got 10 weeks!

He's back now, not sure they will pick him for the cup final though. I still think 10 weeks was a tad harsh and said so at the time. Looked a lot worse than it was but nobody can deny he got it badly wrong with his technique.

Still think if he was playing in the NRL the hype would be off the charts with him.

He's back now, not sure they will pick him for the cup final though. I still think 10 weeks was a tad harsh and said so at the time. Looked a lot worse than it was but nobody can deny he got it badly wrong with his technique.

Still think if he was playing in the NRL the hype would be off the charts with him.
If I were the dolphins he would be one I would have been looking at.

“Obviously if I can just put that away now, put everyone at ease a little bit, especially all the fans as well in Brisbane. At least they know that I’m there until the end of the year."

Anyone see this recent quote from haas? Haha just stfu mate, you obviously don't get it. You're contracted until 2024, you are not off contract!!!!!!!

“Obviously if I can just put that away now, put everyone at ease a little bit, especially all the fans as well in Brisbane. At least they know that I’m there until the end of the year."

Anyone see this recent quote from haas? Haha just stfu mate, you obviously don't get it. You're contracted until 2024, you are not off contract!!!!!!!
He won't be here in 23 and we won't miss him. It's a blessing for our cap management.

He is such a fucking idiot. Wow Haas don’t do us any favours dickhead.

Broncos head office have said talks regarding Haas's future will start back up at the end of the season.

If they can't come to an agreement then, he won't be playing for us next year. Club will get rid of him.

He won't be here next year, that's obvious but that is better for us in the long run as we could far better use his money elsewhere and while a great player, can do without his off field stupidity and friendship circle. As long as he puts in for the rest of the year and does not pull another one of these stunts, that's great because we are a legit chance at the title if everything goes well (and it is a big if). Putting it into the off season works out best for us too as no doubt Donuts and Ikin know he is gone but this allows us to plan for that.

I am not even sure we need to go to market for any position either, who would have thought that 3 months ago. I am not saying don't look around of course but what we currently have and what is coming through behind it, we are tracking amazingly well.

Losing Haas allows us to keep and/or upgrade Cobbs, Herbie, Patty, Kobe, TMM, Paix and retain Oates, etc. This is far more important than keeping a moron who has disrespected the club and is as thick as a brick.

I mean, this is our forward pack without Haas:
8. Jensen
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

15. Flegler
16. Palasia/Willison
17. Robati/Piakura/Te Kura

I'll take that over keeping this idiot who thinks he is bigger than the club any day.

He really fails the no dickhead policy though, so I can't see it happening.

Seriously imagine if we still had Fifita/Walsh.

Why don't Melbourne lose their star juniors, FFS. Only us and the Tigers, every star junior hyped and poached before we get any value.
Because at Melbourne Bellamy makes it clear from the outset that the team comes first and every player is replaceable. You don't pull your weight from day 0 in preseason and you're done. Once you've earned your spot, you can ask for more, but it's basically like the army. It's really hard to leave blokes you have bled for and they have sacrificed for you. It is cultural.

The early hard work improves fitness. The early fitness leads to early wins. The early wins lead to confidence. The confidence leads to late season wins.

Munster and Cheese are probably the loosest units there and they are obviously dedicated when it comes to training and team stuff. I think also that Bellamy is really honest with his players. He tells them where they stand and when they might want to look for something else if they want a pay rise. He also lets them have fun, but he would tear strips off a player if they messed up off-field. Even for coming late to training you see the dyed/shaved hair.

Bellamy also rarely lets a spine player go. It's just that right now they have/had a glut of players there. But honestly, the work ethic has also made those players better.

He won't be here next year, that's obvious but that is better for us in the long run as we could far better use his money elsewhere and while a great player, can do without his off field stupidity and friendship circle. As long as he puts in for the rest of the year and does not pull another one of these stunts, that's great because we are a legit chance at the title if everything goes well (and it is a big if). Putting it into the off season works out best for us too as no doubt Donuts and Ikin know he is gone but this allows us to plan for that.

I am not even sure we need to go to market for any position either, who would have thought that 3 months ago. I am not saying don't look around of course but what we currently have and what is coming through behind it, we are tracking amazingly well.

Losing Haas allows us to keep and/or upgrade Cobbs, Herbie, Patty, Kobe, TMM, Paix and retain Oates, etc. This is far more important than keeping a moron who has disrespected the club and is as thick as a brick.

I mean, this is our forward pack without Haas:
8. Jensen
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

15. Flegler
16. Palasia/Willison
17. Robati/Piakura/Te Kura

I'll take that over keeping this idiot who thinks he is bigger than the club any day.
I wouldn’t mind bringing in an established prop on half the price. Not sure who that would be as the Dolphins have snatched up all the obvious options.

I wouldn’t mind bringing in an established prop on half the price. Not sure who that would be as the Dolphins have snatched up all the obvious options.
Is that Paul Vaughan 1 year contract music?

Well they have to sign someone.

The players aren't beating a path to their door to sign en masse

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.