POST MORTEM. Cowboys Broncs Grand Final.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I think the problem is that we've got Walters and Langer working with Hunt, who were both great runners of the ball, but neither was an insanely good controlling kicker like a Lockyer or Johns, we need one of those two to spend the next 5 months with him completely re-working his kicking game, because it's still dog shit.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I actually thought Milford was pretty stout in defense tonight out there. He had to do a bit of work, and that may have contributed to a lack of sharpness in attack, but he made some good stops, and the strip was handy as well. That side dealt with Morgan pretty well right up until that last play.

Agreed, he got his hands on the ball a LOT, and made some huge plays with the strips, his last run to get us out of trouble, etc. He probably tried a bit too hard instead of picking his involvements more carefully, but honestly sometimes there was no-one else to take the hitup. It was a bit disappointing after playing with so much energy against the Rorters last week, half the team seemed to go missing tonight at times.

Ugh. Terrible taste in my mouth and it's not the goddamn rum..

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Exclusive pictures of Wayne Bennett after the Ben Hunt knock-on

12122385_1218179391542109_8108850166486948225_n.jpg

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Shower Thought: If Ben Hunt was sent for 10 for that spear tackle, we may have won the game.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Hunt just needs to improve his kicking. He would be the next Andrew johns if he gets it right.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
It was a poor last 25 mins. Showed you need to make your own luck. 4 points was never enough. Poor Benny. Been one of our MVP's for the past 2 years, but shows he still has game-winning deficiencies i.e. don't try and kick yourself to a win when you don't have a quality kicking game. Running is our strength, and we should've tried to score points.

But we move on.

So for 2016, a returning Moose, Copley set at RC, Carlin (maybe) onto the wing with Kahu at LC (or wing depending on Oates + Reed's spot in pecking order). Gavet on the bench with Dodds gone. Milf + Hunt have had the year together. A stronger team imo

How can Gavet be on the bench when in essence MvGuire is a straight swap for Dodds in the pecking order?

McGuire
McCullough
Blair
Glenn
Gillett
Parker

Nikorima
Thaiday
Wallace
Ofahengaue

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hunt choked bad. It's the objective truth. Doesn't mean he's a terrible player, and he's been great for us this year. But he choked and was our worst player tonight. McCullough blew a try, but he's not talented enough to call it a choke.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
How can Gavet be on the bench when in essence MvGuire is a straight swap for Dodds in the pecking order?

McGuire
McCullough
Blair
Glenn
Gillett
Parker

Nikorima
Thaiday
Wallace
Ofahengaue

Gavet's impact for 20 minutes > Ofahengaue's impact for 20 minutes.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Very good point made on Facebook about Hunt btw - if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have even been in the GF.

Back the **** off the bloke!! He will come back better. He still shits all over DCE too.. :takdir:

Lol, I currently have one of my knob mates who called for Hunts head last season hammering me about it on facebook.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
I'd be struggling to have Thaiday on my bench after that.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If we don't win it next year then I will never get over this. Hodges will never get over this and hunt will never get over this either. God it's gonna be a long hard 12 month slog.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
[MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] [MENTION=1976]Nashy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION]

Are you still there guys? So sorry you witnessed that live but BHQ is glad you were there in support though. We got it next year right?

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Gavet's impact for 20 minutes > Ofahengaue's impact for 20 minutes.

Tbh I didn't really think about that. More just a who's coming back vs who's going.

But yeah Offa's been really good considering. Makes some good metres. But isn't a game breaker. Not yet. Gavet could be that impact, along with Thaiday.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
well i have not posted in a while so will leave this as my last until next year. Im devo for hodges but i believe he will be fine as part of him will be happy for JT and Scott. Also all the boys should feel good about their performances this year. To turn themselves around and reinvent their ball game has been spectacular. I am proud to be a Bronco man. I think many fans are great full to have a contender to chear for again. Next year is looking up. they will be better for this. congrats to the cowboys and thanks to both teams for playing some of the best rugby league we have seen in a long long time

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I am over the loss now.

IMO: We won't win the GF next year, as the NRL seem to want a fairytale ending.

So that means Cronulla will win their 1st premiership.

We have had these fairytale endings the past couple of years.

Souths hadn't won a GF in 43 years, they then win.

Thurston never captained a GF winning team, they then win.

So it's obvious, it's Cronulla's time to shine.

:laugh:

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
Did anyone else just get an email from the NRL megastore trying to sell North QLD merch? Read the fucking room guys.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Smokin' Joe
  • LittleDavey
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Lostboy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.