VOTE Potential 18th team?

Should the NRL expand to 18 teams? if so, who should it be?

• Total voters
How much have they paid him under the table?

Rothfield reporting that Perth are back in the race to be the 18th team after the new Premier, Roger Cook, phone Vlandys to push the case for Perth's inclusion in the NRL

Apparently Vlandys has been against Perth team being included, but has had a change of heart.

Vlandys said:

“I’ll acknowledge I was wrong with my initial thoughts,” he said. “Perth has to be high on the table now, especially with a premier so passionate about wanting to have a team there. They warrant serious consideration.

“If you’ve got a government that’s going to get 100 per cent behind you, you’ve got a run-up start. We had a really good conversation and we’ll be chatting again. The fact he rang in his first week in the job shows how keen they are.”

V’landys says all options – including a 20-team competition – are open to the independent commission, including PNG.

“Nick Politis is a visionary,” V’landys said. “He’s said why are you looking at 18 teams. Why not 20.

“If you do your participation and pathways right, the 20 teams can happen sooner.

“And it’s all funded by the broadcaster from the extra content.”

Confirmed, the Betting Betters, out of Perth, to be the eighteenth team.

Why bother with locations, now that The Dolphins are in the comp? Just start having teams directly owned by betting agencies! The Bluebets! The Centrebets! The TAB!
Dude, don't give them ideas...

It’s like when they give a naming sponsor title over a location / area, it’s just stupid.

Next up we have the Cadbury Wallabies taking on the Vodafone All Blacks.

It’s like when they give a naming sponsor title over a location / area, it’s just stupid.

Next up we have the Cadbury Wallabies taking on the Vodafone All Blacks.

The Warriors already do that... technically they are the Vodafone Warriors

The Warriors already do that... technically they are the Vodafone Warriors
hth

Screenlogo23v2 1920x1080

There was a stretch of time when we were announced as the 'Ergon Energy Broncos' at home games.
I think we still do to an extent... can recall us running on to "here come your NRMA Insurance Brisbane Broncos"

We just keep the Brisbane in there

Rothfield reporting that Perth are back in the race to be the 18th team after the new Premier, Roger Cook, phone Vlandys to push the case for Perth's inclusion in the NRL

Apparently Vlandys has been against Perth team being included, but has had a change of heart.

Vlandys said:

“I’ll acknowledge I was wrong with my initial thoughts,” he said. “Perth has to be high on the table now, especially with a premier so passionate about wanting to have a team there. They warrant serious consideration.

“If you’ve got a government that’s going to get 100 per cent behind you, you’ve got a run-up start. We had a really good conversation and we’ll be chatting again. The fact he rang in his first week in the job shows how keen they are.”

V’landys says all options – including a 20-team competition – are open to the independent commission, including PNG.

“Nick Politis is a visionary,” V’landys said. “He’s said why are you looking at 18 teams. Why not 20.

“If you do your participation and pathways right, the 20 teams can happen sooner.

“And it’s all funded by the broadcaster from the extra content.”
WA has lots of Eastern states folks living there (apparently?), offers a great TV timeslot which is the primary source of revenue, and has a team vacancy with the Union team folding.

And it takes a phone call from the Premier to convince Vlandidlyando it's good idea?

He's not too bright is he?

WA has lots of Eastern states folks living there (apparently?), offers a great TV timeslot which is the primary source of revenue, and has a team vacancy with the Union team folding.

And it takes a phone call from the Premier to convince Vlandidlyando it's good idea?

not to mention the saffers there

Correct @john1420 lots of eastern staters here not to mention a high kiwi and English population very keen on league.

As you mentioned time slot is a real seller.

The western force are back playing in the super rugby competition.

Junior rugby league numbers are increasing as well as clubs developing though there are only 5 clubs with a premier team these days.

The WA men's team has dominated the CAS competition over the past decade.

One of our main issues here is the media bias of AFL, any negative league news gets highlighted.

He doesn't notice until someone literally waves the cash under his nose.

He doesn't notice until someone literally waves the cash under his nose.
That's exactly what happened. Going on about "a government that really supports a team", you mean a government prepared to pay to get them in and keep them afloat, of course.

Which I'm not against, by any means. Perth should absolutely be the next team and government funding to get it off the ground is a no-brainer.

Correct @john1420 lots of eastern staters here not to mention a high kiwi and English population very keen on league.

As you mentioned time slot is a real seller.

The western force are back playing in the super rugby competition.

Junior rugby league numbers are increasing as well as clubs developing though there are only 5 clubs with a premier team these days.

The WA men's team has dominated the CAS competition over the past decade.

One of our main issues here is the media bias of AFL, any negative league news gets highlighted.

That’s not just WA, negative league news gets highlighted more than positive news by the idiots who get paid to promote it.

That’s not just WA, negative league news gets highlighted more than positive news by the idiots who get paid to promote it.
💯 mate, I could only imagine the news you get in Vic also.

Shane Richardson puts together a pretty good case on why the Firehawks should be the 18th team. Makes a good point about PNG and the Pasifika nations.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Organix
  • Dee
  • Morkel
  • Locky24
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Skathen
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • barker
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.