Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
20:05

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly could win this and to be perfectly honest this is the type of game they love. Written off, no chance at all.. etc.

They've got Turbo and DCE, they can beat anyone on their night.

Walters on whether there's friction with Pies:

“Not at all. People try to bring it up but I deflect it away. Anthony’s in a new role at Manly and we congratulate him on his appointment there. He is a long-term coach and wants to be coaching in the NRL. He’s worked hard to get back into that Manly job and is doing a good job with them.”​

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn asked Broncos counterpart Karl Morris:

“I definitely wanted to get the inside scoop on what happened at the Broncos. Give it to me, pros and cons. He was super honest and said it was a mixture of a whole range of things. The good thing after that conversation was I could sit down with Seibs and have an honest conversation with him. He admitted he could have handled it better. No one shied away from anything. It was all on the table.”​
"It was a specific conversation, but the important thing was to understand some of the ins and outs. It obviously didn’t end well for anyone. When things like that happen you want to understand why that happened. There were a number of reasons and everyone has owned them – that’s all you can ask for. If people own up to it and say they would do it differently."​
“To be fair, Seibold had been transparent about the experience. There wasn’t a lot of new information. It was confirming a lot of the things we went through. “He was on the front foot from the get go. He definitely wasn’t happy about the way it all ended and definitely wanted to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”​

Morris:

“Pies and I keep in touch on a personal level. When he was here it was very difficult due to Covid. We had a close relationship during such a difficult period of time. I think he is a good fella. At the beginning Manly were looking for someone to assist Des and I just gave Scott a frank personal reference of how I found Anthony. I said to Scott that he went through an extraordinary and unusual period of time at the Broncos and I thought he deserved a second chance.​

John Cartwright:

“I got to know Seibs pretty well at Manly. We haven’t spoken a lot about football, so I’m not really across his time at the Broncos. But he did his time at rugby and he got his chance back at Manly and they are going really well. Every coach wants to go back and do really well against their past team. He has always spoken about being a career coach, he has gone away and worked in another game. He is a student of the game and he has landed back on his feet at Manly.”​
“Kevvie has got the roster right. It has taken a lot of hard work to get the roster where it is now, it is never easy to move players on when they are contracted. He made some really tough decisions that only good coaches make. If you sit back and hope the problem goes away, your career goes away. He made some tough calls and he has backed it up. He showed confidence in these players and they are starting to repay it.”​

Walters on whether there's friction with Pies:

“Not at all. People try to bring it up but I deflect it away. Anthony’s in a new role at Manly and we congratulate him on his appointment there. He is a long-term coach and wants to be coaching in the NRL. He’s worked hard to get back into that Manly job and is doing a good job with them.”​

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn asked Broncos counterpart Karl Morris:

“I definitely wanted to get the inside scoop on what happened at the Broncos. Give it to me, pros and cons. He was super honest and said it was a mixture of a whole range of things. The good thing after that conversation was I could sit down with Seibs and have an honest conversation with him. He admitted he could have handled it better. No one shied away from anything. It was all on the table.”​
"It was a specific conversation, but the important thing was to understand some of the ins and outs. It obviously didn’t end well for anyone. When things like that happen you want to understand why that happened. There were a number of reasons and everyone has owned them – that’s all you can ask for. If people own up to it and say they would do it differently."​
“To be fair, Seibold had been transparent about the experience. There wasn’t a lot of new information. It was confirming a lot of the things we went through. “He was on the front foot from the get go. He definitely wasn’t happy about the way it all ended and definitely wanted to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”​

Morris:

“Pies and I keep in touch on a personal level. When he was here it was very difficult due to Covid. We had a close relationship during such a difficult period of time. I think he is a good fella. At the beginning Manly were looking for someone to assist Des and I just gave Scott a frank personal reference of how I found Anthony. I said to Scott that he went through an extraordinary and unusual period of time at the Broncos and I thought he deserved a second chance.​

John Cartwright:

“I got to know Seibs pretty well at Manly. We haven’t spoken a lot about football, so I’m not really across his time at the Broncos. But he did his time at rugby and he got his chance back at Manly and they are going really well. Every coach wants to go back and do really well against their past team. He has always spoken about being a career coach, he has gone away and worked in another game. He is a student of the game and he has landed back on his feet at Manly.”​
“Kevvie has got the roster right. It has taken a lot of hard work to get the roster where it is now, it is never easy to move players on when they are contracted. He made some really tough decisions that only good coaches make. If you sit back and hope the problem goes away, your career goes away. He made some tough calls and he has backed it up. He showed confidence in these players and they are starting to repay it.”​
Called in sick to avoid facing Pies.

playing silly buggers lol

Kevvie is in the dressing room.

Kevvie, the super spreader:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lakers133334
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • blacknwhite
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.