Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Fun fact about Anthony Seibold: he was a scarily quick bowler as a teenager and once regarded as a potential future Sheffield shield player.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I was a scary spinner who could turn it at right angles and at some age was seen as a future Shield bowler, only problem was I could rarely land it on on the pitch hehe
Finding that edge of the concrete pitch really does send it at right angles (away from the batsman). Silly mid probably had nightmares, it's true.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Finding that edge of the concrete pitch really does send it at right angles (away from the batsman). Silly mid probably had nightmares, it's true.

Weirdly enough, my ripping leggies seemed to go at right angles AND bounce sharply. I could basically bowl ripping bouncers from a full length, the coaches were so excited, unfortunately, no one could get me to land it where it needed to be regularly and that was the end of that.

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
Saw a courier mail heading we have a sickness scare. Any news on that?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Bring back our most successful coach from the wooden spoon year - Alex Glenn!

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Hopefully Billy hasn’t been hanging out with his dad. Saw him with Reyno at the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
DCE:

“Only time will tell if Brisbane can win the comp. They have been the team to beat so far this year, their unbeaten run to start the year was pretty impressive to watch. We’re definitely using them as a bit of a measuring stick to see where we are at. The Broncos are a good side and they are playing in front of their home fans, so we’re excited by the challenge of seeing where we are at against the ladder leaders. Right now, they are a genuine contender and that’s what makes this match-up so exciting for us. But we still have to see if they have got over the mental hurdles of last year. Only they will know if they have come to terms with that and only they will be able to respond to it at the end of the year.”​
“I had ‘Seibs’ as an assistant at Manly in 2016 and I don’t know what he was like as a head coach at the Broncos, but since he’s come back, he has been really clear on what game model he wants us to play with. He has been really collaborative with myself, Jake and Tom Trbojevic around how we see the team moving forward. He is working nicely with the senior players and he has a heap of respect for everyone and vice-versa. We have a clear vision of how we want the season to end and the style we want as a side. I would say it’s a pass mark so far, but inconsistency is hurting us at the moment and we can’t afford that against a team like the Broncos.”​

Possible stand-in coach Cartwright:

“I will have Kevvie on the phone I would say if I’m in the chair. With technology these days we might even have a screen for him to zoom in. We’re hoping Kev will be OK for the game. There has been a bit of the flu around in general, a few of the players have had it as well, so we’re being a bit cautious, because a bout of flu through your side can really affect your result. But the players are prepared for game day and if it’s not second nature now, we aren’t doing our jobs in the off-season. We have a good experienced crew, we don’t change the way we play too much week to week. Hopefully if Kevvie isn’t there, I can smoke a cigar in the box.”​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Totally Unr3al
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • scobie
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • whykickamoocow
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mrslong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.