Friday
Night
20:05

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly coming off a loss to Titans.

They would be embarrassed and looking to bounce back.

They can try, but if they don't have Turbo, if the last 3-4 years is anything to go by, they go from top 4 to bottom 4. Let's hope the elastic bands that hold his tendons together are super brittle over the next week.

Double fucking standards are in boys. Soni Luke (whose coach admitted his tackle was exact same as Mam) gets a fine and is free to play next week. Hopegood who is suspended already this season for a hip drop gets a fine and is free to play. Our two players charged with higher grades and get suspended. I’m so fucking over this NRL double standards.

NRL are a fucking joke and they will do anything to derail our season. I hope to god we smash Manly this game.

I agree on the double standards, especially with the new “budget QLD team” now in the comp, the NRL will do anything to justify their decision and bring them “on par” with the only team in Queensland.
HOWEVER….
We can’t keep whinging, bitching and moaning. Yes, it sucks, but our team’s performance must also dictate our team’s path forward. Not the odd suspension or shit ref decision. We get caught up in the negativity and complaining, we will find ourselves out of the 8 and “hoping” to play finals footy. Next man up, let’s show the fuckstick Manly team how the best team in the comp does it.

We may be at the top of the table but we aren't the best. I'd put us around 4th atm.
Agreed.

Rabbitohs
Storm
Sharks
Roosters

All above us imo.
"Maybe" Panthers as well.

The gap between our best and our worst is too large at the moment to consider us the best team IMO. At our best, we're definitely in the conversation but I think you can say that about at least half of the competition.
100%.

I reckon we have the absolute best attack in the comp when we are on fire.
The other teams just have more cohesion and less spread between their best and their worst.

Couldn’t agree more with you guys. Might be biased (definitely) but I genuinely think on our day, no one beats us. Haven’t thought that in years. However, as many correctly point out… the best to worst gap is massive. We can’t allow that if we want to compete deep into September and Oct.

Against Tigers & Titans, Manly played like a shit team. Tigers were bottom of the ladder yet played like they were a top 8 team for majority of the game and only lost due to bad luck. Yesterday against Tits, Manly played like a bottom 4 team. They’re vulnerable but will be hungry.

With our 2 important players due back, if we play to our strengths, we can smoke them. We’re not going to loose this magic round. We will walk away with a big W that sets us up for next 4 vital games.

Toafofoa Sipley suspended 3-4 matches so he won’t be lining up for Manly.

No word on Trbojevic yet but IMO it’s better for us if he plays because he won’t be 100%.

Walsh needs to make sure his positioning is right for this match because one of DCE’s pet plays this year is a grubber in behind the defence.

Another is the cross field kick to Olakau’atu so if I were Kevvie I would probably have Arthars defending two in on 5th tackle. He seems to be a better leaper than Herbie and Capewell.

Toafofoa Sipley suspended 3-4 matches so he won’t be lining up for Manly.

No word on Trbojevic yet but IMO it’s better for us if he plays because he won’t be 100%.
Turbo has had one maybe two games so far this year where he hasn't looked like a 50 year old brickie. He's got the positioning and the smarts, but his body has just failed him. Hope the week off doesn't bring him right - although guessing it won't, he really looks to be carrying some significant problems with his lower back/hamstrings/groin

I agree on the double standards, especially with the new “budget QLD team” now in the comp, the NRL will do anything to justify their decision and bring them “on par” with the only team in Queensland.
HOWEVER….
We can’t keep whinging, bitching and moaning. Yes, it sucks, but our team’s performance must also dictate our team’s path forward. Not the odd suspension or shit ref decision. We get caught up in the negativity and complaining, we will find ourselves out of the 8 and “hoping” to play finals footy. Next man up, let’s show the fuckstick Manly team how the best team in the comp does it.
Well, the team can’t moan, bitch and whinge but we, as supporters can moan, bitch and whinge all we like.

With Haas and Mam back plus with the wakeup call from the last game we HAVE to have this game, I want to see our best performance of the year here, we win by 18+ I think we are still the best team in the comp.

Flat track bullies is what they are .
Opposition tackles hard they fall to pieces . Sticky and the Raiders showed the blue print for beating the Broncos .

BRONCO BITTERNESS? BENNETT GRIFFIN SEIBOLD OPENS UP ON UGLY SPLIT AHEAD OF SUNCORP RETURN

Beloved ex-coach Pies, on how he still loves the club that paid him $1.5M to **** him off:

“Honestly, I don’t have any bitterness towards the Broncos as a club or the playing group. I have great admiration for those young guys and I have followed their careers very closely. A number I have spoken to over the last couple of years. Ultimately they are top of the table, aren’t they? They have been very good at Suncorp Stadium. Our job is to go up there and try to disrupt what they are doing. There is no bitterness there at all. I feel like I am in the place where I am meant to be now as a coach and a person.”​
“Patty stood out as one of our leaders – the way he prepared, the way he trained, and the way he carried himself. It was everything I thought a young professional NRL player should be about. I saw leadership in him from a young age. I have a lot of respect for a lot of those young boys. A lot of them have reached out over the last couple of years at different times. They were a good bunch of lads to coach, they worked hard.”​
“Tommy got a reward last year playing Origin. He went up to the Cowboys and found a home there. I saw signs of what he was going to be as an 18-year-old. As soon as he turned 18 we gave him his debut – he only played five games but he was the halfback against Cooper Cronk at Suncorp when we beat the Sydney Roosters. I am just pleased for those young guys that they are doing well.”​
“I am not sure who else Scott rung or (Manly chef executive) Tony Mestrov called. Of course they would have done their homework on me and I know they would have spoken to people not just at the Broncos, but at Souths – players and staff from the two different clubs. I know Karl Morris has a longstanding relationship with Scott. As I said, I had a good working relationship with the chairman and the CEO. I didn’t know Karl prior to coaching the Broncos. I really respected what he was trying to do there. One of the things I am really proud is through all the challenges I had there, I still had a relationship with Karl and I have caught up with him a few times when he has come to Sydney. We have always stayed in touch.”​
“One of the things the Broncos are doing really well is they have a really good forward pack, they have power and pace in the backline, and they score more tries on tackle four than any team in the competition. They are doing a lot of really good things, but one of the things I do like about them as a team is that the bulk of the group have built cohesion and even through the tough times over the last four or five years, they are all between that 50 to 100 games. You talk to anyone in the game, whether it is a Tim Sheens or anyone who has been around the game, they tell you when you have been through 50 games, you have experienced being flogged, winning close games, everything."​
“Fair play to them. We will go there as underdogs and get stuck in. Ultimately we are going up there to win.”​

Tbh we’d have smashed Souths if we just held on to the ball and stopped trying to do highlight reel stuff.
On the other hand, the highlight reel stuff is why we're on top of the table. Just watch the highlight reels, all the tries are in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • tajhay
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  • Socnorb
  • TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Browny
  • Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.