Pre-Season

“There was interest in Reece. Specifically, St George, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Canberra,” his agent told News from the UK.

Never saw that. He'd have been perfect for us.

I wonder how hard we tried to get him?

People can believe what they want, whether or not they think it's some Father/Son thing or not, I tend to believe Billy was a bargain buy and given the mess we were in we needed a bargain buy or 2 and with that in mind, I don't think we've been in a position to spend up one the other hookers mentioned.

People can believe what they want, whether or not they think it's some Father/Son thing or not, I tend to believe Billy was a bargain buy and given the mess we were in we needed a bargain buy or 2 and with that in mind, I don't think we've been in a position to spend up one the other hookers mentioned.

the thing about the hooker position ATM, is that there are only 2 or 3 elite hookers in the NRL. with another 4 or maybe 5 quality hookers. everyone else just has to make do until one of them comes onto the market.

Elite: Grant, Api

Quality: Mahoney, Verills, Robson, Brailey brothers

Cook and Hodgson, can move into the quality on their day, but their best days a behind them

the thing about the hooker position ATM, is that there are only 2 or 3 elite hookers in the NRL. with another 4 or maybe 5 quality hookers. everyone else just has to make do until one of them comes onto the market.

Elite: Grant, Api

Quality: Mahoney, Verills, Robson, Brailey brothers

Cook and Hodgson, can move into the quality on their day, but their best days a behind them
Hopefully Mozer kicks on and all this debate becomes moot anyway.

Hooker easily remains the biggest flaw in our roster at the moment. Why it’s been that way for so long and what more could’ve been done is outside of the knowledge of anyone on here so we can never definitively conclude this argument

Dolphins are in Brisbane
I don't think we put in any serious attempt to get him. It would've attracted more publicity. And there was no mention of it on these boards. Only that he was off contract and then he'd been signed. If his agent didn't offer him to the other QLD clubs he wouldn't have been doing his job. And if they didn't ask how much, they wouldn't be doing theirs.

Hopefully Mozer kicks on and all this debate becomes moot anyway.

Hooker easily remains the biggest flaw in our roster at the moment. Why it’s been that way for so long and what more could’ve been done is outside of the knowledge of anyone on here so we can never definitively conclude this argument

Hence the reason this topic goes around in pointless circles.

It's definitely something we need to discuss more until we get to the bottom of it. We need to be on the lookout for any clues. I'll do my best, but it's big job.

If the club thinks Mozer or Paix could be the answer I don't see how going to the market and paying top dollar helps us in the long run. Especially if we are buying that player as a stop gap.

We risk losing either of those players if we bring someone else in. Especially a younger player who is already an established hooker.

Mozer could burst onto the scene, you never know. If we show faith, he could end up being here long term. I for one am glad we are not panic buying.

The coaches boy is another non issue. He has minimal impact on the cap and the critique of him is harsh. My only issue is if the other two are impeded by him if they are outperforming him. Seeing as that has yet to happen I am not concerned.

Unread

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • RolledOates
  • Astro
  • BRC088
  • Jedhead
  • Stix
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.