PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I was confident, but see all this over confidence is making me nervous.
We just gotta play our game and we win, don't let them jump to a quick lead like they did tonight
And calm down everyone with the "we'll smash them next week!", don't jinx us!!

Its not overconfidence for me. We are just a better side in every department. I dont see any situation where we lose.

However, nothing short of a GF appearance is acceptable. Nothing else. We HAVE TO beat the Warriors.
Disagree, there weren't high expectations going into this season after what happened last year.

Every win has been a blessing. First time in a while we're just going with the flow from game to game. Very different to when Bennett was in charge and losing in a semi/prelim was a failure.

I'm just going with the flow, I am the point I haven't been since 2000 where I go in expecting to win every game, not just hoping to.

I'm just going with the flow, I am the point I haven't been since 2000 where I go in expecting to win every game, not just hoping to.
2015 felt like that for me. But our end to '22 was so scarring that I'm half expecting us to fall over at some point. Winning it all would banish that from existence.

2015 felt like that for me. But our end to '22 was so scarring that I'm half expecting us to fall over at some point. Winning it all would banish that from existence.
I think we have put to rest the scars of 2022 personally. 2023 we have been extremely consistent with a team showing hunger that has been lacking for years. We got through the SOO period with good wins minus our SOO players and finished strong in the run home into the finals just missing out on minor premiership but still finishing second in the regular season, already well and truly exceding what we achieved last season. Round one of the finals and we put in arguably the best performance of the season against the side that hasn't let us win at home since 2009. Plenty to already be proud and here we are at a grand final qualifier and people are still not satisfied with what we have achieved?

Don't get me wrong I want a premiership as much as anyone, but you have to put things into perspective.

I think we have put to rest the scars of 2022 personally. 2023 we have been extremely consistent with a team showing hunger that has been lacking for years. We got through the SOO period with good wins minus our SOO players and finished strong in the run home into the finals just missing out on minor premiership but still finishing second in the regular season, already well and truly exceding what we achieved last season. Round one of the finals and we put in arguably the best performance of the season against the side that hasn't let us win at home since 2009. Plenty to already be proud and here we are at a grand final qualifier and people are still not satisfied with what we have achieved?

Don't get me wrong I want a premiership as much as anyone, but you have to put things into perspective.
I don’t think people aren’t happy with what we’ve achieved, but are rightfully scarred about going into a game over confident because “we should win easily ”

There’s a thing called Hubris and it’s a trope as old as time.

I'm already struggling. Fuming that we aren't the Friday game!!

Yeah cool I think we are all proud but being proud in a prelim doesn’t do shit. You still have to put your boots on and take advantage of this chance they have in front of them. This season quickly turns into a great year to what a royal **** up of a premiership opportunity if we bow out in a prelim against the Warriors. The perspective is looking great whilst we are winning but the reality is the second it’s all over you are either one of 16 losers or the 1 winner. Me from March might be ecstatic with this but the reality is we are top level footy team now, no point romanticising the season if we don’t come in and put the Warriors to bed this week.

We will have to play well to beat them, it's a GF qualifier, we'd have to play well regardless of the opponent.

It's not a case of turn up and win. They could have easily beaten us last time we played, missed a few opportunities and we got away with it. The team that defends better will win the game.

We will have to play well to beat them, it's a GF qualifier, we'd have to play well regardless of the opponent.

It's not a case of turn up and win. They could have easily beaten us last time we played, missed a few opportunities and we got away with it. The team that defends better will win the game.

They were coming off the bye that game, playing at home and against a Broncos team that had all our origin players missing. Completely different game this time around.

Stay Calm The Office GIF

I don’t think people aren’t happy with what we’ve achieved, but are rightfully scarred about going into a game over confident because “we should win easily ”

Yep, 2 times this season we lost games we should have won (raiders, titans) hard to say if it was complacency or not, but it has me wary.
I'm stoked with what the team has done and how far they've all come, I just think we should be on our gaurd for a freaky, rub of the green, bounce of the ball turn up by the warriors

Disagree, there weren't high expectations going into this season after what happened last year.

There was for Kevvie.

He said before the season started just making the finals wasn't good enough. He wants a premiership this year. He saw 2023 as a premiership winning year.

Knights were complete rubbish today, they were completely out of gas but despite that it was 22-10 until the final 20 minutes.

Some of those efforts in defence from the Knights were complete putrid.

We're a much much better side than the Knights and we aren't out of gas.

Only way we lose is if we beat ourselves.

There was for Kevvie.

He said before the season started just making the finals wasn't good enough. He wants a premiership this year. He saw 2023 as a premiership winning year.
Awesome to think that he  knew what he had way back then, how special it was.

*Edit* but I suppose every coach goes in with those expectations haha

Gonna be a good game but if we play our game we win. Playing our game style is hard to beat and we have only really lost to teams who have made us play their style e.g. storm panthers and raiders

This side’s style and confidence gives me more confidence than the 2015 side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Bongo
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.