QLD team game 2

mrslong said:
They hammered him after game 1 2006 for being rubbish and terrible in defence and basically past it. Game 2, 2006 - zomg, it was vintage lockyer. See him put Mason on his arse and scare him for the rest of the game. This is what is going to happen next week.

He'll do well to put Mason on his arse next Wednesday....

Substitute Mason for Kite/Gallen/O'Donnell/Creagh/Watmaugh/Stewart etc...

Lockyer will get man of the match! i love when he gets slammed by the media (and so called fans) cause you just know he will respond in the best way possible... on the field. I wonder what odds the bookies will be offering for him to get MOM

Yeah they were saying that on NRL on Fox that it was similar with Mal Meninga. If he got bagged, you know he was going to hurt you. So Wally and Gene Miles when they played for Wynnum would always talk Mal up if they were playing against Souths! Haha.

Locky is definitely a champion. But they did show a montage of his "defence" against the Bulldogs...OMG..it was worse than I thought.

I wonder if he's still scared of putting too much pressure on his knee or something, it always seems like he's tentative on the right leg....

I'm watching game 3 2006 at the moment. Geez they're currently looking at hte Tonie Carroll try and they rule no Try. I am as angry about that decision today as I was 4 years ago, seriously...I'm so glad Graeme West is no longer a video ref.

I hope everyone is right about Locky being fired up when he's bagged and pulling out a big one. Also it's a bit unfair to bag "so-called fans" for simply pointing out the obvious truth, that Locky has been missing a fair few tackles lately and it was particularly bad against the Bulldogs. Darren even admits it himself and says he's working on it with Gillmeister this week. Better than being "blind fans" who believe someone can do no wrong despite the evidence. Anyway, if Darren plays a great game next week in attack *and* defence I'll be applauding and so should everyone else, but I'll also be hoping the improvement in defence is permanent. It also won't be that he's "proven his critics wrong" as Mal likes to say, but rather that he's admitted the truth that he was below par and has fixed things. I think everyone (including the "critics") knows that Locky is a champion - just some have seen that he sometimes has off games, like anyone else I suppose, and aren't afraid to say it when it happens. I reckon he could possibly be a more natural defender at fullback than 5/8. I remember him pulling off a few screamers of last-ditch tackles early in his career. Anyway, like any true fan I wish him all the best and hope he has a great one.

The thing with Locky is, everyone makes such a big F'n deal whenever he does anything bad. He has carried so many teams for so many years, he deserves the right to F! things up from time to time without being talked about like some reserve grader. I hope he has a screamer, but if he doesn't... the world will go on and the team will be happy for any part he plays. GO LOCKY!!!

Hey Chumba! All we are asking is for some effective tackling! Nothing else! It's not downright bagging, it's just a call for some simple stuff!

Also, Locky has answered critics in his latter career that is for sure, but I have to say his 04/05 origin decider performances were dissapointing. Personally, those two games remain a thorn for me. He was not good. 04 was understandable, first year at five-eighth and all, but 05... gee. If there is ever a game Johns dominated Locky at an elite level - this is the one. (game two as well for that matter) Anyway, the past is the past - wrong of me to bring that up I guess.

that one handed pick up at 1:33 in that vid will forever be the single greatest piece of fullback play

That compilation is class.

He needs to get involved more in attack IMO. He used to take on the line and everything, these days he's too happy to pass it off.

I'd love to see some of that next Wednesday.

Legend.

Gee that 2001 series was awesome. It'll always be remembered for Alfie's fairytale comeback but Lockyer was outstanding. Even in the game we lost he was head and shoulders above the other Queenslanders.

Allan Langer has one too.

ZOMG!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEDPNq6g ... re=related

i remember almost losing my voice when langer got that try at 6.36, and i was just watching it in my living room.
I could hear everyone in our street ran out and beeped their horns and yahoo'd out the windows etc etc etc. It was one of the best moments!

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • thenry
  • Lurker
  • The True King
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.