QLD Team - Game 3 - Official

Re: QLD Game 3 Team

Jeba said:
Agree on Thaiday but I think you're being harsh on Hannant. He was very good off the bench in game 1. Not as good last night but Scott and Harrison were our only decent forwards last night (albeit Taylor was used incorrectly)

Yeah. Petero is past it too :-(

QLDers are lucky that their team has a solid core of great players in the important positions, otherwise I get the feeling we'd be calling for many changes after each loss, something which QLD seems to ridicule NSW for.

OXY-351 said:
QLDers are lucky that their team has a solid core of great players in the important positions, otherwise I get the feeling we'd be calling for many changes after each loss, something which QLD seems to ridicule NSW for.

Yes, I remember QLD teams circa 2003/2004 before Smith, Slater and Thurston were established. You know you're in trouble when you're selecting Chris Flannery at five-eighth...

We don't really have all that many players to replace our current players with. That helps.

Nashy said:
Brent "I've played about 1 game of football in 2 years" Tate? No.

Inglis wasn't suited to last nights game, because there wasn't much passing going on, and he didn't see much ball.

When we did get a bit of a roll on, he was awesome.

Even with a busted shoulder.

Nielson is **** useless though.

Nielson had a good game in game one cant drop him for 1 bad game

But i take justin any day

langer77 said:
Nashy said:
Brent "I've played about 1 game of football in 2 years" Tate? No.

Inglis wasn't suited to last nights game, because there wasn't much passing going on, and he didn't see much ball.

When we did get a bit of a roll on, he was awesome.

Even with a busted shoulder.

Nielson is **** useless though.

Nielson had a good game in game one cant drop him for 1 bad game

But i take justin any day

Nielsen didn't have a bad game last night, and he didn't have a good game in game 1. He played solidly in both, but generally didn't do much, especially in attack, which is a big problem since we had nothing doing down the right.

I'd have Hodges come in for Nielsen - that's the obvious one.

Other than that, I'd drop Thaiday back to the bench with Parker moving into the starting side. Wouldn't mind seeing Shillo come onto the bench in Cronk's place as has been suggested.

IMO though, I think our mentality going into the third match is going to be absolutely crucial. Mal needs to get the lads fired up.

I don't think anyone's calling to change our halves either like NSW love to do after a loss. It's a miracle Soward & Pearce have played 2 in a row. Is that the first time since 1922 that NSW have fielded the same halves combination in 2 straight games?

The Rock said:
Lmfao.

The fact that this thread is even open just shows how hypocritical you lot are for knocking NSW when they make changes!

QLD - 5 straight series win. The best core combination in history. Won the first game despite playing poorly. Lost 2nd game but were still in it until the 77th minute.

Why the **** would you make any changes to it other than Hodges who would have been in there in the first place if he wasn't injured? It's not like the team got annihilated.

NSW fielded the best possible team and only just rapped it up at the end.

QLD also play he decider in QLD. That's like having 16 men on the field (2 refs who will favor QLD and an extra player to count for the crowd support)

They don't "need" to make changes.

Yeah, I agree. Though I'd make a case for Shillington too, since he also would have been there if he was fit.

Only other changes I'd make would be just a slight re-shuffle. Like others said, move Thaiday to the bench, and Parker to lock and Harrison to the left 2nd row where they are both best at. Also and one more change - a change of attitude!

The Rock said:
They don't "need" to make changes.
they do though.

Thaiday has been a liability.

Parker is not being used even remotely how he should be.

Neilsen is a passenger in attack.

something needs to change - we either give parker 80 minutes or hes out of the team. thaiday needs less game time, and needs to learn his role in attack. neilsen needs to go. cronk needs to go. as good as he is, we dont need him there. he will have his turn next year.

mrslong said:
I don't think anyone's calling to change our halves either like NSW love to do after a loss. It's a miracle Soward & Pearce have played 2 in a row. Is that the first time since 1922 that NSW have fielded the same halves combination in 2 straight games?

That was my point though. QLD are blessed to have players in the core positions who, if they aren't the best in the world in their positions, are close to it. That makes it easier to stick with them. Who in their right mind would suggest that Lockyer and Thurtson should be replaced, even when QLD do lose a game?

NSW don't have that luxury, or at least haven't for the past 6-7 years. They've got a lot of reasonable halves, but no-one has really stood out. Sure they probably should have stuck with some players, even after a loss, but do you think QLD wouldn't consider changing our halves after last nights game if they were Ben Hunt and Robert Lui (lets just say they had played a few good games in the lead up to origin at a time when QLD were looking for halves), when you could bring Chris Sandow and Daly Cherry-Evans in assuming they couldn't do any worse?

It won't be too many more years (the post Thurston/Lockyer/Cronk era) when QLD will probbaly have this dilemma.

Anyway thinking Parker should be dropped needs his/her head read.

OXY-351 said:
It won't be too many more years (the post Thurston/Lockyer/Cronk era) when QLD will probbaly have this dilemma.
the bad thing is that we will lose Slater/Cronk/Smith/Thurston/Inglis all within 2-3 years most likely. we're proper f#$%ed then [icon_lol1.

it seemed like just last year when i was so happy knowing that QLD had a great base to build around for the next 10 years :(.

I said it in the other thread, but Thaiday was one of our best in game 1, he was easily our most dangerous player. I don't understand the hatin'. Pearce made some quality decisions on him in defense, I doubt he'd be able to back it up over 80 minutes again. You might find the errors were also a product of the game situation. It doesn't excuse them, but you can understand he chanced his arm more with QLD chasing.

Actually I do think that Thaiday did receive some dud hospital passes from Lockyer last night. Doesn't change the fact that he was poor and made some awful errors. Definitely shouldn't be dropped though.

Alec said:
Actually I do think they Thaiday did receive some dud hospital passes from Lockyer last night. Doesn't change the fact that he was poor and made some awful errors. Definitely shouldn't be dropped though.

Again, blame for this mostly goes to the positioning of Sam and Nielsen on that side. Far too flat.

Bucking Beads said:
Anyway thinking Parker should be dropped needs his/her head read.

exactly, he should be promoted to the run on side and harrison should be playing..... well..... with himself at home for all i care, anywhere but at suncorp stadium. he did bugger all in game one, did nothing but make mistakes in game two.

Active Now

• arieals
  • john1420
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • The Strapper
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • jd87
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.