QLD Team

Great run on side, but I would have liked some on the bench over Cronk (which was never going to happen) and Costigan.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Yep, expecting a massive game from taylor

Same here.

Can't wait to see how he does. Hopefully we'll have him running good angles out wide, where he can burst through some gaps.

Biggest mistake they can make is throwing him into the middle. Definitely needs to be used running wide.

So what would happen if Folau in the next day or two announced he has signed with either Rugby Union or AFL??
Lol, I would love to see the result of that.

Coxy said:
Agree. I don't see the point in picking 80 minute forwards on the bench. I think the back row has excellent balance with Harrison a certainty to play all 80, and Myles and Thaiday capable of 70+ if needed, but with Costigan and Taylor able to assist.

Taylor and Shillington able to rotate with Civoniceva and Scott up front.

Costigan got the nod ahead of Bolton for his "Crocker-like mongrel" I'm guessing. Bolton's a good player, but he's not going to strike fear into the opposition if they see him in the defensive line. The way Costigan is playing in both attack and defence he'd put opposition players in two minds about making contact.

The Cronk selection is totally understandable, but really if they're that concerned with Smith going the 80 then he shouldn't play.

+1

I too think it was a suprise to see Cronk named - but seems fair enough as Smith isn't a definate. And if he does play, probs won't be there for 80.

I also thought T'eo and maybe even Parker would be picked - but like Rock said - we didn't NEED them - the other players are capable and have a proven record of that. The good thing is that if they don't perform in Game 1 - we have others to take their place.

Overall, I'm happy with the team. I hope they can still fire up like every other year and not become complacent.

Best thing about it all though - minimal Broncos icon_thumbs_u . Our team has little excuses for poor form around origin time this year.

On facebook I just read through the comments on the Official team update from the Maroons fan page.... holy crap there are some morons who watch Rugby league. One bloke said that Te'o should be there over Tonga because Tonga is shit and apparently Te'o can play prop as well as center.... [icon_shru Idiots!

Am i the only one that thinks if smith cant play the 80 then JUST DONT SELECT HIM. u dont select cronk in case smith cant play 80, u just dont pick smith and pick another player on the bench instead. If that is all cronk is there for, its the worst decision in QLD selection history

Scotty said:
On facebook I just read through the comments on the Official team update from the Maroons fan page.... holy crap there are some morons who watch Rugby league. One bloke said that Te'o should be there over Tonga because Tonga is shit and apparently Te'o can play prop as well as center.... [icon_shru Idiots!

Ben Symes

Willie Tonga? **** him in the ass, Ben Te'o has played better footy than he has, and can play front row as well. Maroons selectors suck ass. And JT hasn't done anything this year aside from the All Stars game.

26 minutes ago

[icon_lol1.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Am i the only one that thinks if smith cant play the 80 then JUST DONT SELECT HIM. u dont select cronk in case smith cant play 80, u just dont pick smith and pick another player on the bench instead. If that is all cronk is there for, its the worst decision in QLD selection history

I don't know about that... there's been worse. Julian O'Neil?

Coxy said:
The Cronk selection is totally understandable, but really if they're that concerned with Smith going the 80 then he shouldn't play.

No Anf, you're not the only one.

Scotty said:

I think that 90% of the people that write on those fanpages are total deadshits. Some of the comments on the Borncos page are just embarassing.

QLDer - you have a fair point. But I'm sure they want to give Smith enough time to prove his fitness. Maybe they are pretty sure he isn't going to be right?? I don't know.

ningnangnong said:
Fozz said:
Costigan, meh. He's produced the goods at origin level so I suppose he's a safe bet. I'd rather have Bolton but I'm not crying in my beer.

I don't reckon he's a safe bet!

I know he's improved on it since he was at the Broncos, but gee whiz, I really don't trust him when it comes to holding the ball and not giving away penalties. :mrgreen:

Safe bet in that he has Origin experience, so he knows what to expect.

Seriously, if we don't win this by at least 20 it will be so embarassing.

bronco_babe77 said:
Seriously, if we don't win this by at least 20 it will be so embarassing.

No way. Even the worst selected NSW teams are competitive. Even last year Queensland outselected them in all 3 games and still only narrowly won games 1 and 2 and lost 3.

A loss would be very disappointing.

bronco_babe77 said:
Scotty said:

I think that 90% of the people that write on those fanpages are total deadshits. Some of the comments on the Borncos page are just embarassing.

QLDer - you have a fair point. But I'm sure they want to give Smith enough time to prove his fitness. Maybe they are pretty sure he isn't going to be right?? I don't know.

But then why have they named ballin as his shadow player?

I see 2 scenarios:
1. Smith decides he can play the full game - no need for cronk then
2. Smith decides he cant play the full game, so he doesnt play - ballin comes in - still no need for cronk

QUEENSLANDER said:
bronco_babe77 said:
Scotty said:

But then why have they named ballin as his shadow player?

I see 2 scenarios:
1. Smith decides he can play the full game - no need for cronk then
2. Smith decides he cant play the full game, so he doesnt play - ballin comes in - still no need for cronk

Scenarios I think are actually:

1. Smith decides he can play the full game - but in reality he gets to the 60 minute mark and he's fcuked - lucky we had Cronk
2. Smith decides he can't play and they pick Ballin - Ballin is shagged after 60 minutes (Origin being a step up from NRL) - lucky we had Cronk.

Bannermania said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

I don't know about that... there's been worse. Julian O'Neil?
casey mcguire.

i agree, its cronk OR smith/thurston, not cronk AND smith/thurston.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • IceWorks
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky24
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Financeguy
  • Big Del
  • Strop
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.