PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
Now that's it's game day let's consider the likely outcome of Brisbanes first set tonight, be it an attacking set or defensive set. Taking bets now on:

- Broncos kick the ball out on the full.
- Broncos give away first set penalty.
- Broncos give away last tackle 6 again in the first set.
- Broncos lose player to concussion in first tackle.
- Broncos drop ball off kick off.
- Broncos give away penalty for incorrect play the ball.
- Rabbits kick off hits the cross bar bouncing back into Cody walkers hands who drops it then kicks it constituing a drop kick into the in goal leading to a Souths try in the first 30 seconds.
-Rabbits hit one of our guys with a high shot which the match officals pick up 10 minutes later and the offending player is given a simple warning.

If memory serves me correctly the past two seasons we've had something happen to us the first set of the first game so betting we keep the record going.
Not first game of the year, but it was first tackle of the game, so lets not forget the Adam Blair offload on tackle 1 against Para to give them the fastest try in history.....a whopping 13 seconds after kickoff.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Is it 7.00pm or 8.00pm kickoff? There seems to be conflicting information - it says 8.05pm up top, but Suncorp Stadium has it at 7.05pm.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Yeah, as I said, I was talking about the NRL in general, I wasn’t suggesting any conspiracy against us.
I think I owe you a slight apology. Here's Gus addressing the situation of a Nathan Cleary testing positive before a Grand Final, and asking what a club would do. He's not saying they'd lie outright, but he's flinching at the thought of it.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Is it 7.00pm or 8.00pm kickoff? There seems to be conflicting information - it says 8.05pm up top, but Suncorp Stadium has it at 7.05pm.
Are you in one of the less fortunate states, under a manipulated timezone regime?

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
8 PM real time and 7 PM for those staunch daylight saving opponents that live up north. Hope this helps.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Need the forwards to aim up tonight. The spine wont have a lot of points in them so the forwards need to lay a big platform

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Need the forwards to aim up tonight. The spine wont have a lot of points in them so the forwards need to lay a big platform
I'm a bit concerned they haven't had much game time in the trials.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
8 PM real time and 7 PM for those staunch daylight saving opponents that live up north. Hope this helps.

Okay, so 7.05pm Queensland time, and who cares everywhere else, got it.

Just discovered that my timezone was set to American Samoa. Fixed that and everything looks good now. Incidentally, if you are in American Samoa, it's apparently an 8.05pm kickoff. Just FYI.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Okay, so 7.05pm Queensland time, and who cares everywhere else, got it.

Just discovered that my timezone was set to American Samoa. Fixed that and everything looks good now. Incidentally, if you are in American Samoa, it's apparently an 8.05pm kickoff. Just FYI.
You might want to investigate why that happened: VPN, BIOS, CMOS battery, virus, fartarsing around etc.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
You might want to investigate why that happened: VPN, BIOS, CMOS battery, virus, fartarsing around etc.

It was just in the forum settings, not my PC. I assume I didn't set it when I joined back in 2008, and never noticed it wasn't right until today.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If tonight's game is even at 80% the pace of last nights game, it will be a tough night for us. Penrith looked like an extremely fit bunch of blokes and going off our trial form, we aren't anywhere near it. .
I just hope we don't start the year off with the famous Isaako out on the full kick off.
I can already see it..

Don't forget, Penrith got smashed in their second trial.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Man watching that Penrith v Manly game and the pace of the first half was crazy. I hope we are ready for it.

Penrith look really well coached. They all try the drive back the player on every tackle. Everyone is supporting when they have the ball, and when they are attacking on the line everyone is sprinting in 20 different directions.

A lot of 6 agains called tonight. We need to be careful with that.
To win like they did without their rep halfback is amazing. Then you see us the last few years and we’re struggling without turpin lol.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Don't forget, Penrith got smashed in their second trial.
The difference being Penrith showed us last year's form. We wanted to see an improvement in the trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Behold
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrRobot
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.