PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2023] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Maybe if we lose against the Dolphins you might actually start to see what some of us are talking about regarding the game management?
If we lose to the Dolphins we sack the coach.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
If we lose to the Dolphins we sack the coach.
i think reno is safe for another year
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
Can you please find another hill to die on.

This one is MY hill and after all the effort I've done in making it comfortable, I'm not letting some young upstart just walk up and throw themselves dramatically on the ground.
😂 plenty of room on the hill for this cause
However, if this is another one of those “highlander” situations, I’ll call my Sherpa and head back down. There can be only one.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
On a seperate note… does anyone else feel like this was the longest off season?! I know two useless teams are on tonight, but HOW GOOD IS IT HAVING FOOTY BACK?! 🔥🔥🔥

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Your right I'm getting my Cra's mixed up. I was thinking of Craddock. Saying that Crawley is still clueless.

You gotta know what a Craddock is to understand cricket...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Madden and Willison have dropped off the bench, Piakura and Mariner remain. Sneaky suspicion one of them replaces Palasia on the bench?

I reckon tonight's game reinforced you just can't carry three props on a bench anymore.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
Agreed @Sproj. First 3 rounds are a war of attrition to see who can stay fitter longer.
Unless Kevvie is planning to play Palasia as an edge forward?! Doesn’t make any sense though, especially when we need to see something from Piakura and Keenan is leaving us to never play finals again.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
FUN FACT:

There are 4 players playing in this match that have signed for a rival club in 2024. (Leniu, Crichton, Farnworth, Flegler)

for this reason Greg Alexander has called for an end to the current free-4-all transfer rules in favour of two transfer windows, with players only permitted to sign for a rival club for the following season during these windows. one mid season and one after the GF.

Greg Alexander said:

“Have a window where players can sign (during the season) but if it is not done then and there, well, sorry boys, now it’s after the grand final,” Alexander said.

“I remember when we changed it (from June 30 to November 1) the reason was to stop all the speculation throughout the season.

“It was just constant about is he going to go, is he going to stay.

“So I thought, well, let’s try something different.

“But when you look at every other sport around the word, it just doesn’t happen.

“You don’t sign for a (rival) club and then stay at that (existing) club for 12 months.

“If you try and explain it to people from other sports, they go, ‘What? So you’ve signed with that club but you are staying with that club all season?’”

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
The model does sound silly when you spell it out like that. You could sign a contract on the second of November one year and not start with your new team for more than a year. Even as I write this it sounds ridiculous.

Brandy is referring the European football transfer model. Although it’s on a much larger scale, works great.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The model does sound silly when you spell it out like that. You could sign a contract on the second of November one year and not start with your new team for more than a year. Even as I write this it sounds ridiculous.

Brandy is referring the European football transfer model. Although it’s on a much larger scale, works great.

And NBA.

And AFL.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
It's game day, bitches!

I'm a bit excited. I was last year too and we did pretty good for two thirds of the season. Let's aim for pretty good in all three thirds and then even better in the fourth third that is the finals series! That sentence made absolute perfect sense, don't even question it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • The True King
  • sooticus
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.