PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it sounds like this is going to be the side.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Taupau
17. Baker

NRL2024BHQTeamListRound1

The Best Thing is The Football is Back and I am so ready for Sunday. Adam Gee is going to referee this match

I LOVE this side. So happy for Mariner and Willison. Oates and Taupau will get their shots throughout the year but let's be honest, while Mariner didn't set the world on fire in the trials, neither did Oates. Willison though, man how exciting!

If the decision between Oates and Mariner was a close one I would of went with Oates.
This game with the field size being smaller would of suited him more so than Mariner I reckon. Also the opportunity to play in Vegas for loyal 200 gamer would of been nice.
Also probably would of went with Marty over Baker, Marty showed more in the trials I thought.

Glad to see Jensen rewarded, he has always done a great job starting.

Concerned with the lack of work rate from our end from Arthars/Mariner with Herbie gone. Surprised Oates wasn't picked for this. 3 of our back 5 will offer very little hard yards, hopefully we won't be overworking Staggs, Cobbo and our props with it.

Glad to see Jensen rewarded, he has always done a great job starting.

Concerned with the lack of work rate from our end from Arthars/Mariner with Herbie gone. Surprised Oates wasn't picked for this. 3 of our back 5 will offer very little hard yards, hopefully we won't be overworking Staggs, Cobbo and our props with it.
Agreed.
The experience and talk from Oates would of helped Cobbo out with his defence as well.
If Cobbo is having to do a Herbie like work rate while being pretty new to the position it could be a worry and he's marking up against one of the best centres in the comp in Manu.

I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that Deine doesn't make metres, he does. Arthars also made plenty in the GF and Cobbo will just naturally make metres anyway. Also, if it results in Staggs doing more and taking on leadership of the young backline - that isn't a bad thing.

Good stuff, this is the team I would've chosen. Oates and Taupau were average at the end of last year and no better in the trials. Willison deserves a spot. Baker was a good bench forward for the roosters last year. Bit worried about Mariner's kick return metres and line penetration but I'm sure he'll improve with more game time.

Oates you can give the benefit of the doubt about last season, disruptive season I would have gone with him but happy to give Mariner an early shot. Taupau was poor though at the backend and I think at present better served with giving experience to the younger forwards for the bench, he can come in when we have injuries at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Manofoneway
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • teampjta
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • mieko
  • Lurker
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.