PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon its fine. Spencer Leniu bashed our forwards in the GF. We have no Flegler so we need a hard hitter that strikes some fear in the opposition forward pack. Willison is great, played well in the trials but bringing him through on such a big stage against such a big fearsom pack is not a good move. He will get plenty of opportunity but i think the more aggression we have in our pack on Sunday the better. Marty is all of those things and wont be overawed by the occasion.
Nothing I have seen from Willison makes me think he would be at all overawed by the occasion.

Personally I think he is the perfect guy to replace Flegler, as he is aggressive in both attack and defence.

Hoping he comes into the team soon.

What has Baker done where he is ahead of Willison, he basically has the same experience only he isn't as good.
I agree, there must be something at training. Or Kevy is giving him a shot at lining up against his former club. I remember he did the same with CJ for his club debut against the cowboys a few years ago.

I reckon its fine. Spencer Leniu bashed our forwards in the GF. We have no Flegler so we need a hard hitter that strikes some fear in the opposition forward pack. Willison is great, played well in the trials but bringing him through on such a big stage against such a big fearsom pack is not a good move. He will get plenty of opportunity but i think the more aggression we have in our pack on Sunday the better. Marty is all of those things and wont be overawed by the occasion.

Leniu bashed us in the GF? We were well on top when Leota and JFH weren't on the field.

Leniu bashed us in the GF? We were well on top when Leota and JFH weren't on the field.
Your right, it was Leota that bashed us in the GF. I cant bring myself to watch it again so i got that wrong

Not Long Now. Footy Season is back. I am trying to be sympathetic towards my mum's beloved wests tigers it's not working. Probably because my team is top dog 😂😂😂

I agree, there must be something at training. Or Kevy is giving him a shot at lining up against his former club. I remember he did the same with CJ for his club debut against the cowboys a few years ago.
Feels like a waste though, Willison has really been impressive in the pre season and you can see would hit the ground running if he played.

Where has it been announced that Taupau has replaced X-man?

@Fitzy can I get your thoughts mate?
Look if it is just a one round get the experience in I can live with it but if it is permanent I’m very against it. I’d have him in that side before all 3 of them (Jensen, Baker, Taupau). I think he will be so crucial to our year. I’d still pick him but I can see the experience side of the equation for this game but when you have picked a 6 game winger, you got rid of your experienced second rower during the pre-season you don’t really give that much of a shot about experience. It really seems this isn’t about experience. Dobbo seemed to think before the team got named that Taupau would play so I’m wondering if all they are going off is training habits and he (Taupau) really isn’t playing.

My biggest concern is that you have named the young buck in the side after playing a very good 12 months of footy. That would have been one of the best moments of his career and you drop him 2 days later. You are better off doing the opposite and including him later and dropping the experienced bloke. Poor man management in my opinion.

Long story short if it’s for a round I can live with. If this is the go for the foreseeable rounds I will be actually seething. He was the best player in the all stars imo by a country mile. His biggest downfall was he played fewer minutes and his team didn’t win compared to the other motm contenders. Dont see how you can stubbornly pick like this for the dude knocking the house down but on the sting you have a 6 gamer who has been bog average in a pre-season where it was going to be super fucking hard not to get in the team yet still made it as hard for himself as possible.

I don’t like it at all but if it’s the case for 1 round you can understand.

The main thing I don't understand is why even name Willison if the plan the whole time was for Taupau to play.

The main thing I don't understand is why even name Willison if the plan the whole time was for Taupau to play.
Maybe Kev was waiting to see the Roosters forward pack line up first?

Maybe Kev was waiting to see the Roosters forward pack line up first?
But yet again are you not better off to do the reverse and drop the experienced bloke. Youngsters have much more fickle mentality to this sort of thing. I think that is poor man management unless he genuinely thought he would have played Xavier. What’s happened since Tuesday that’s changed his mind so much?

I'm still yet to see any confirmation about Willison not playing.

Badel "reporting" that the switch is "set to" happen.

He then quotes Haas who says he isn't sure if the switch will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manofoneway
  • Maddy
  • jd87
  • lynx000
  • blacknwhite
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skyblues87
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Lurker
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.