PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It’s piss poor booking us in the same hotel as the team we are versing let alone the same fucking floor.

Got to be pure coincidence, since I doubt DD is psychic or discusses our accommodation arrangements with Uncle Nick.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Got to be pure coincidence, since I doubt DD is psychic or discusses our accommodation arrangements with Uncle Nick.
Apparently the NRL booked it not us. I never insinuated this was DD’s or any broncos officials wrongdoing.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Be interesting with cobbo and him on the same side they both like to jam in
Does Cobbo like to jam in though??

In the trial game he didn't really jam in at all... mostly covered his man and was looking to complete 1 on 1 ball and all tackles.

I can't recall what he might've been like in 2001 or so when he last played at centre, but I wouldn't really say that he jammed in from the wing... I'd say it was the opposite if his wing defence was anything to go by.

Staggs would come flying in and mostly targetting the five eight (rather than even the fullback), but Cobbo was rarely ever coming in with him. Usually Cobbo was left defending 3 players out on his wing.

He often went to the intercept or knock down in those scenarios, but I wouldn't really class that as jamming in.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently the NRL booked it not us. I never insinuated this was DD’s or any broncos officials wrongdoing.

In that case you're correct ... But what would you expect from this incompetent NRL administration

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Not my concern with this. The matter of the fact is we are on the road your hotel becomes your home, team meetings, meals, discussions. It’s your environment where you shouldn’t need to be looking over your shoulder for the blokes you are about to play against on the weekend. Really strange dynamic that can be quite disruptive. Has zero to do with interacting with each other and everything to do with the disruptive nature of it all.

They are both disrupted equally, though.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
You most of the players these days are like great friends with a lot of opposition players. The rivalries are no where near what they used to be with regards to the players

One of many reasons I could never be a professional sportsperson.

I fucking hate whoever I’m opposing and take shit way too personally lmao

be perfect mindset for origin at least

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
They are both disrupted equally, though.
And? They are still both disrupted are they not. I’m not sitting here saying the broncos are gonna get fucked into next century because Spencer Leniu can knock on Payne Haas’s door all night and whisper through the peep hole he’s gonna kill him. Or that Alfie is gonna go leave a fat shit at Robbo’s front door. The issue is how can an administration be so poor as to allow this to happen. You lose all elements of privacy from your opposition team and it creates a lot of challenges for either team. Regardless of whether they are equal or not neither team should have to deal with that.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
And? They are still both disrupted are they not. I’m not sitting here saying the broncos are gonna get fucked into next century because Spencer Leniu can knock on Payne Haas’s door all night and whisper through the peep hole he’s gonna kill him. Or that Alfie is gonna go leave a fat shit at Robbo’s front door. The issue is how can an administration be so poor as to allow this to happen. You lose all elements of privacy from your opposition team and it creates a lot of challenges for either team. Regardless of whether they are equal or not neither team should have to deal with that.

Maybe it's a really big hotel.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008

Walters continued, 'Also, I'd like to know if the commentators will make adjustments, too. So if we're at the twenty, will Dan Ginnane say, "The Broncos are on the twenty, which really means that they are about nineteen metres out from the line." I just think you're going confuse the folks at home if you don't get that clarification.''

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Lol at Haas's celebrity names guesses.

There's a saying about props. All brawn, no brains.

Haas just confirming that... Margot Robbie. My god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.