PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reason I can think for the Marty Willison switch 2 days after the team was named is they packed the wrong size jerseys on the plane and number 17 is too big for Marty.
If Kev is going experience he would have Oates next to Cobbo.
If it was trial form Marty would be in for Baker.

Kevvie is going for experience in the pack because of how experienced the Roosters pack is.

Mariner and Oates don't play in the forwards.

Kevvie is going for experience in the pack because of how experienced the Roosters pack is.

How experienced the Roosters pack is? Only Radley and Butcher have over a hundred games and:
Wong - 10 games (less than Willison)
Whyte - 11 games (same as Willison)
May - 26 games

Compare to Brissy who have Haas over 100, Jensen on 97 and the only players under 50 being:
Piakura - 15 games
Baker - 45 games

Overall, experience is at worst comparable, at best in our favour.

We were the Queensland team who were invited to and then dared to be successful in the NSW competition. The wider comp still hates to see us successful.
Of course and someone was complaining saying why we were invited to Vegas. I said They needed the successful Queensland club that is us that is why we are in vegas

Being honest, I'm still a bit shellshocked from the GF. Of course I'll be watching the game on Sunday, but I'm finding it hard to comment on things in the forum as I did pre-GF 2023.

There is still just a huge empty feeling that I hope will diminish after we've ripped a few teams apart to show our intent in 2024.

Go the Broncos!!!

Being honest, I'm still a bit shellshocked from the GF. Of course I'll be watching the game on Sunday, but I'm finding it hard to comment on things in the forum as I did pre-GF 2023.

There is still just a huge empty feeling that I hope will diminish after we've ripped a few teams apart to show our intent in 2024.

Go the Broncos!!!

It comes with the territory of being a Bronco fan.

For so long we didn't even know what it felt like to lose a Grand Final. Now we have lost 2, both in the final moments of the game. I would suggest both times we would have gone into the game as the outsiders.

Arthars is better at recovering and repositioning in defence .
Oates`s default is jam in and try and knock down the pass .

Oates plays left side so it was between him and Arthars . Mariner has played on the right more .

It’s piss poor booking us in the same hotel as the team we are versing let alone the same fucking floor.
You most of the players these days are like great friends with a lot of opposition players. The rivalries are no where near what they used to be with regards to the players

You most of the players these days are like great friends with a lot of opposition players. The rivalries are no where near what they used to be with regards to the players
Not my concern with this. The matter of the fact is we are on the road your hotel becomes your home, team meetings, meals, discussions. It’s your environment where you shouldn’t need to be looking over your shoulder for the blokes you are about to play against on the weekend. Really strange dynamic that can be quite disruptive. Has zero to do with interacting with each other and everything to do with the disruptive nature of it all.

That's what you want, if one goes they both have to.
Sometimes depends who is calling it oates and farnworth sometimes got caught out when herbie would go and oates would be slow to react in seasons past,just hope someone is calling it and its just not a reactionary thing.

Not my concern with this. The matter of the fact is we are on the road your hotel becomes your home, team meetings, meals, discussions. It’s your environment where you shouldn’t need to be looking over your shoulder for the blokes you are about to play against on the weekend. Really strange dynamic that can be quite disruptive. Has zero to do with interacting with each other and everything to do with the disruptive nature of it all.
Its the NRL. Amateur hour is always assured and this trip has highlighted just how much planning they do for these big events. The answer not much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • mrslong
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lakers133334
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • blacknwhite
  • Tim K
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.