vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does for me. Was never good enough at fullback, couldnt pass but very good on the wing i thought. I think Issako is similar but not as good as a winger. He can kick goals though.

Hoffman would have had a great career at the Broncos if, to quote the Rock, he just shut his mouth and knew his role.
I just think Isaako actually doesn’t do many of the things that Hoffman did do well.

Hoffman would put his body on the line, run hard and straight, positioned himself well, and could catch bombs under intense amounts of pressure. No matter how difficult the take, I never worried Hoffman was going to swallow it.

He was just very one dimensional in attack and couldn’t kick at all. Had no right to not be on the wing.

Isaako’s positioning is terrible and he couldn’t catch covid in a wuhan wet market.his defence is sus too.

I just think Isaako actually doesn’t do many of the things that Hoffman did do well.

Hoffman would put his body on the line, run hard and straight, positioned himself well, and could catch bombs under intense amounts of pressure. No matter how difficult the take, I never worried Hoffman was going to swallow it.

He was just very one dimensional in attack and couldn’t kick at all. Had no right to not be on the wing.

Isaako’s positioning is terrible and he couldn’t catch covid in a wuhan wet market.his defence is sus too.

He did run a lot harder than Isaako and was a lot braver on the field. I think my overriding memory of Hoffman is still him trying to get in the way of Greg Inglis and getting smashed.

Mainly how asiata is going to be used i think he could probably do a job guving turpin a spell if he was given the 14 and then move into lock when whoever starts there needs a break.
Also the bench in general i dont think oates should be a walk up start just because of experience.
And maybe going game 1 with croft and deardon if milford isnt totally 100%

But to be honest im just keen as shit for the football to start.
Just for the LOL's......
Milf hasn't been 100% since 2015 :rofl

This yet again stems back to last year and probably even 2019, where I have no doubt the plan was Milf and Brodie as the starting halves (Kodi and Milf in 2019) for as long as possible whilst Dearden plies his trade in ISC.

When Dearden starts to dominate that level he would've then come into the starting side at the expense of Croft, Milf or Kodi (back in 2019).

What ended up happening...
- Dearden gets a handful of games in ISC as the non-dominant half before Seibold punts Kodi to bring him in just after turning 18.
- Dearden gets injured and misses the rest of the season including ISC
- 2019 Seibold gets Croft to be his 7 (with the intent that Dearden plays ISC)
- ISC gets cancelled
- Seibold is unable to get Milford to do anything
- Media comes after Brodie
- Seibold buckles and brings in a 19yr old halfback as saviour
- Media proclaim that Dearden is our number 1 halfback moving forward

So basically Dearden has missed 2yr of development and has probably played more first grade games than ISC at like 19.

Dearden actually does need some time down in ISC and the only reason he has played so much first grade to this point is ineptitude of Seibold to not protect or back his players (Kodi or Croft) and crumble to media pressure.

I really hope that Kevvie is able to spell this out Dearden so he's not seeing it as a demotion.

It's also not only Dearden that has missed years of development. Covid last year killed chances for Niu, Coates and Paix... and then even guys like Arthars who could've played a larger role last year with ISC around.

I think in recent times only Herbie, Carrigan and Haas have been able to spend some decent time down in ISC and they look the most ready for first grade out of the young guys coming through.
Croft only came here last year.

Croft only came here last year.
Hence why I said Kodi in 2019. The plan was still the same. Seibold spent the whole preseason talking about Dearden who wasnt yet 18 or played a game of ISC

Milf with someone, Dearden in ISC to get used to playing men. When Dearden starts dominating bring him into first grade

What actually happened was Dearden missed almost all of 2019 ISC season through injury and then ISC cancelled due to covid. Seibold also crumbled to media pressure and dropped Croft to bring him into a basket case of a team

Last edited:
Broncs by 100 because we rulz!

Seriously though tipping Parramatta by 20 plus.

Oates and Dearden playing for Souths tonight. Hunt recovered from his head injury last week and playing centre outside Dearden- might help him a bit.

Last edited:
Oates and Dearden playing for Souths tonight. Hunt recovered from his head injury last week and playing centre outside Dearden- might help him a bit.
Does this mean they won't be featuring in round 1 for the Broncos?

Does this mean they won't be featuring in round 1 for the Broncos?

No Norths are playing tonight too and got some guys involved. Trying to get as many runs as possible.

Kennar, Robati and Cobbo playing for Wynnum.

Last edited:
This is really good coaching from Kevvie. Hopefully some of these kids can finally get the feeling of a win.

If they all lose though, poor kids.

Josh Hoffman got out leaped by a 30+ year old Steve Price. Hoffman was shit house.

Josh Hoffman got out leaped by a 30+ year old Steve Price. Hoffman was shit house.

The comparisons keep stacking up. Both isaako and Hoffman are shit house. When’s isaako’s contract up? Because he’s definitely leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• scobie
  • Organix
  • ettybay
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.