vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comparisons keep stacking up. Both isaako and Hoffman are shit house. When’s isaako’s contract up? Because he’s definitely leaving.
I’m hoping if he gets some consistency in the position isaako lifts. But this is his final chance for sure.

I feel like there’s not many good players these days. It feels like half the players in the comp are there because a relative has played nrl, and the others were good as kids.

I feel like most weeks there’s someone in the stands that would do a better job than at least one person on the field.

Dearden was very involved last night, wanted his hands on the ball and was having a real crack which I am happy to see.

I always found him too timid and it was my big reservation about Dearden.

He is a mystery because he's the opposite of what you would normally get from a young half. Most young halves pull the trigger four times a set but Dearden is the other way. My thoughts before last night hadn't changed and he hadn't changed since 2019.

Dearden watch tonight v Pride from Cairns.

Again set up exclusively on the left. He shovelled it on too much. He threw a pass for Burns' first try on the short side. Scarlett is still the boss with kicking and play- Gibbie goes the right with Scarlett and he's their biggest weapon.

20 to go he steps through with a left foot step but got to the fullback, guys unmarked and went himself- came up with 0.

I'd like to see Dearden mix it up and get on the open with Gibbie and get a partnership going. Might come with confidence.

In defence he made a bad mistake just before half time, they came left and he came up timidly then planted his feet shuffled side ways and took no one really Murphy rolled it on and they scored in the corner.

Would have been good to see Clifford v Dearden- U18 half v U20 half but not to be tonight. Would have given a good reference point for Dearden.

In summary I'd like to see him own Wynnum- if he can't shark Scarlett and demand good ball then how is he going to do it in the NRL off Origin players?

I saw some signs last night he's getting some confidence and wants to touch the ball 4 times a set.

Paix was strong at 9 too, which is the best thing for him. He is becoming quiet robust in his running. Oates was very average.

Last edited:
Dearden was very involved last night, wanted his hands on the ball and was having a real crack which I am happy to see.

I always found him too timid and it was my big reservation about Dearden.

He is a mystery because he's the opposite of what you would normally get from a young half. Most young halves pull the trigger four times a set but Dearden is the other way. My thoughts before last night hadn't changed and he hadn't changed since 2019.

I saw some signs last night he's getting some confidence and wants to touch the ball 4 times a set.

Paix was strong at 9 too, which is the best thing for him. He is becoming quiet robust in his running. Oates was very average.
Did Kennedy have a game anywhere?

Cobbo needs to spend a lot of time on his hands, no point stepping past 5 guys making 4m but then dropping the ball. He did it a few times last week and this week.

Reminds me a bit of Isaako when he came into ISC. Breaks 12 tackles a game but doesn't do much- no passes, no try assists.

Last edited:
I know its not ideal and i think it might have been mentioned once or twice but I'm thinking croft could be a chance at the 14 jersey. I really feel like we lost our way when turpin went off in that trial and to date Paix hasn't offered much in the replacement hooker role.

I think the bennefit of Croft is he is quiet zippy and does have at least half a kicking game he can bring to the role and some good energy. It wouldn't be for long maybe a 15 minute stint from the 50th to 65th minute to give turpin a break.

It also gives the chance to replace Tommy in half back if he happens to shit the bed. From what I've seen he hasn't been training at all in hooker so unlikely to happen i guess. I just can't see turpin playing an effective 80 minutes and not sure what other options we have.

I know its not ideal and i think it might have been mentioned once or twice but I'm thinking croft could be a chance at the 14 jersey. I really feel like we lost our way when turpin went off in that trial and to date Paix hasn't offered much in the replacement hooker role.

I think the bennefit of Croft is he is quiet zippy and does have at least half a kicking game he can bring to the role and some good energy. It wouldn't be for long maybe a 15 minute stint from the 50th to 65th minute to give turpin a break.

It also gives the chance to replace Tommy in half back if he happens to shit the bed. From what I've seen he hasn't been training at all in hooker so unlikely to happen i guess. I just can't see turpin playing an effective 80 minutes and not sure what other options we have.
They just have to coach paix to be a bit more robust and agressive out of dummy half he has got the pace to wreak havoc down the middle he just has got to put it into action

Paix wont ever become a hooker i dont believe because its not where he wants to play.

Paix wont ever become a hooker i dont believe because its not where he wants to play.
If he doesn’t want to play there, I don’t think we have much choice - either use him as a back up half or cut him loose.

Just sign Danny Levi for 1 year to give Turpin a 10 minute break.
They just have to coach paix to be a bit more robust and agressive out of dummy half he has got the pace to wreak havoc down the middle he just has got to put it into action

Last edited:
Walsh, Kennedy, Piakura, Gamble and Bullemor all played for Norths. Just watching it now.

Last edited:
Piakura scored a cracking try off a Ahearn kick. Why the hell was he over in the corner? Great awareness and athleticism.

Oh stop it, such humour. Of course I'm asking where there's a stream or where I can watch it.

I am pretty funny. It's the viewing app the QRL house them all for clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.