Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Lodge was not bad. Possibly plays the ball too much and first game back probably should have started on bench. Anyone saying Isaako was bad is kidding themselves. Sua should have come on earlier and I would love to see him play out wider in his normal position. He still did more than Glenn imo in his 20 minutes.

He had the try line free in front of him, hiccuped and almost got taken out. Perfectly Maranta-like. He's just lucky he got the offload away

Yep, let's label him after less than a handful of games in first grade Maranta 2.0.

Not like Maranta had years of bombing many a try, as opposed to one "Hiccup" that "luckily" led to one of our two only tries.

Good job.

sims is a plodder. offa still doesnt have any impact defensively.
Surely tagatese needed to start , pretty much our only experienced prop. I really think Bennett is loosing his shit.

I
In a team full of misfiring players, Lodge was alright.
If you think that then your just as delusional as Wayne playing Sammy in hooker. I’m a Blues fan and I hope Qld pick him. He is Poo

Yep, let's label him after less than a handful of games in first grade Maranta 2.0.

Not like Maranta had years of bombing many a try, as opposed to one "Hiccup" that "luckily" led to one of our two only tries.

Good job.

There's no way maranta would have offloaded to Roberts to score he would been smashed into next year.

I

If you think that then your just as delusional as Wayne playing Sammy in hooker. I’m a Blues fan and I hope Qld pick him. He is Poo
He's a blue, mate.

Edit: Flaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Positives:

Lodge, Pangai Jr & Isaako. They all tried their hardest, were comfortably our most consistent in terms of effort, Roberts wasn't bad as well, but we could use a few extra dummy half runs from him in our own end. Boyd wasn't too bad in attack when we actually had some attacking shape going, but apart from that he played like a woman, need far more consistent effort out of our captain.

Negatives:

Everything else, Kahu needs to go if we're committed to Isaako & Oates on the wings, bring in Opacic to try and cover some of the defensive issues that left edge has. I hope anyone complaining about the Bird signing can see why Bennett made the move when he did, I think he's well aware how bog average both Kahu & Opacic are. Milford played like Milford has played for the last 22 months, I'm not sure we can even blame his weight this time, he looks relatively fit, he just simply isn't as good as he was in 2015 & start of 2016, we may need to start seriously thinking about the possibility that 2015 was his peak. We're paying him based on the assumption that he's going to drastically improve on what he provided in 2015, at this rate we'll probably be thankful if he can give us league average production from the Five-Eighth position. Desperately need to fast track the development of all of our young halves and just pray that one of them has a DCE style leap in the Queensland Cup this year. Our forwards were awful, especially the experienced ones, sorry to Thaiday, but he's not lasting the season out, I didn't agree with the Glenn re-signing when it happened as well, I think we have far more options that can provide what he does except at a higher level, Su'A for example I think could start on the left edge and we wouldn't lose a single thing, and benefit from his added skill in attack. Sims & Ofahengaue were both very average as well, but Joe was good last season, so I'm not writing him off just yet, but I want to see a LOT more metres out of him. Losing Blair may hurt us more than we realised, he would've been a good foil to Lodge in the starting line-up.

Bird playing in the centers wont fix up much in this team. Forward pack isnt good enough, Halves dont work as a pair and Boyd really seems a shadow of what he can be.

I tipped Glenn to get MOM. How wrong was I. He was absolutely useless. Drop him for Sua. That young kid looks the goods. I'll willingly take inexperience over mediocre any day.

The score board says I’m right. Dragons forwards looked twice as good as him.

only 2 Dragon forwards made more meters than him (and one of those 2 made less tackles)

The dragons always look like the storm for 5-10 rounds and then fall off the face of the earth. Also, lol & everyone talking up Hunt (EDIT: in the media), he played well, but Widdop is the star.

Lodge wasn’t bad. He played big minutes and hasn’t played nrl for 2+ years: imagine him in 2-3 weeks time.

People on here are saying that Lodge played good tonight. Please he played like a busted AH. He is too slow out of shape and can’t tackle to friggin save himself. All he does is throw his arm out and hits to high. I’m glad we payed fcuk all for him. Our halves were piss weak. They have no balls to take control of the game and this caused our whole team to look lost. Hunt was made to look like a superstar tonight. While I’m being honest I think this is the worst Bronx team in the last 15 years . Piss WB off 2
Every ex player that plays against the broncos looks good, for about 2-3 games, then reality hits.... hunt showed nothing tonight to make me think he is worth $1 million. He had one of his better kicking games and still kicked dead twice and to the fullback on the full 2-3 times. My mate commented it wasn't that good tonight and I just looked at him like he was crazy....

Lodge played ok but he was rattled. I went down to the game and I can tell you the abuse he copped (when his back was turned of course) was disgusting. His family was brought up EVERY 2 seconds when he warmed up and he heard it. This is the side the media pretend doesn't happen. He was rattled, all his errors were at terrible times.

And piss WB off? Not even worth replying too, you're obviously quite emotional atm lol

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.