Round 1 Lineup

Interesting quote from Kevvie re: TPJ this morning:
"I feel that 13 is his best position for mine — he can play on an edge as well — but I just think through the middle is where he plays his best football. If we can get him in good conditioning shape he’ll be a great asset for us in the next year.”

I hope to see TPJ back in the middle rotation... could mean we see Patty into the prop rotation as well.

Thoughts?

Full article is on Fox Sports

2nd row is going to look pretty shit, unless Oates or Riki can have huge breakout seasons.
Maybe this should be in the positivity thread but I think Riki will do well next year. He runs his lines like a horse with blinkers on. If he keeps doing it he'll score plenty of tries close to the line and hopefully more like the one against panthers.

"I feel that 13 is his best position for mine — he can play on an edge as well — but I just think through the middle is where he plays his best football. If we can get him in good conditioning shape he’ll be a great asset for us in the next year.”

I hope to see TPJ back in the middle rotation... could mean we see Patty into the prop rotation as well.

Thoughts?

For mine a ball playing lock is worth his weight in gold, no more one-out running, but multiplying opportunities, especially with the FB up. It was a role I had hoped for Bird but TPJ at his best is even better.

Thoughts?

Oh, and a bit of this too

Thoughts?

I always felt TPJs strongest games were when he was in the middle. It gets him more involved.

It also directs his aggression appropriately, it revs the team up more when one of yours puts it over one of their hard men (i.e. the thaiday vs JWH, TPJ vs JT13).

A late offload to an alert half or fullback supporting him could take advantage of tired forwards too.

1.Issako
2.Coates
3.Copley
4.Nui/Staggs
5.Farnworth
6.Milford
7.Dearden
8.Haas
9.Smith
10.TPJ
11.Oates
12.Glenn
13.Carrigan
14.Turpin
15.Lodge
16.Flegler
17.Asiata

From what I'm hearing from Walter's interview and general thoughts this is the team I am thinking.

1.Issako
2.Coates
3.Copley
4.Nui/Staggs
5.Farnworth
6.Milford
7.Dearden
8.Haas
9.Smith
10.TPJ
11.Oates
12.Glenn
13.Carrigan
14.Turpin
15.Lodge
16.Flegler
17.Asiata

From what I'm hearing from Walter's interview and general thoughts this is the team I am thinking.

Yuck!

1.Issako
2.Coates
3.Copley
4.Nui/Staggs
5.Farnworth
6.Milford
7.Dearden
8.Haas
9.Smith
10.TPJ
11.Oates
12.Glenn
13.Carrigan
14.Turpin
15.Lodge
16.Flegler
17.Asiata

I thought he said TPJ was best suited to playing lock.

If TPJ can improve his stamina, Lock is a no brainer as he is one of the best ball playing forwards in the game, but he never really looked to have the stamina to play 13 before that's why he was effective in the second row where the workload was less.

1.Issako
2.Coates
3.Copley
4.Nui/Staggs
5.Farnworth
6.Milford
7.Dearden
8.Haas
9.Smith
10.TPJ
11.Oates
12.Glenn
13.Carrigan
14.Turpin
15.Lodge
16.Flegler
17.Asiata

I'd put carrigan on the edge and asiata at lock with oates on the bench. Something just tells me carrigan would be exactly what we need on an edge. He has some footwork, rock solid in defence, smart player who could learn to run lines, is a bit of a talker it seems. Would be a pre-concussed Boyd corner for us I believe , or a cheaper crighton with the right training . We have plenty of middles and Macca would help our middle defence (although we need a spine player to step up and compensate for his shit attack and service) but our edge defence is needs to be a focus...

What's yours then?

Can Of Worms Meme GIF by Hyper RPG

Well...as it stands (with who is available and discounting anyone not yet signed):

1. Farnworth (I just hope we don't go into the season with only our current options)
2. Coates
3. Isaako
4. Copley
5. Walsh
6. Milford (yuck)
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Haas
12. Riki
13. McCullough

14. Paix
15. TPJ
16. Flegler
17. Oates

Yes I know this side is rubbish but any version from what is currently available is also rubbish.

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Copley
4. Farnworth
5. Kennar/Arthars
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Pangai
16. Flegler
17. Kennedy

Provided we don’t make any signings that would demand selection

But all of this is pointless for the next 2 months

This is the team i would run out in round 1:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Copley
4. Nui/Arthars/Kennar - whoever impresses most during the pre-season
5. Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ/Oates
13. Asiata

14. McCullough
15. Carrigan
16. Flegler
17. Oates/TPJ

very short on depth, so a large number of injuries will kill us, otherwise a good enough team to finish in the 6 to 8 region

Well...as it stands (with who is available and discounting anyone not yet signed):

1. Farnworth (I just hope we don't go into the season with only our current options)
2. Coates
3. Isaako
4. Copley
5. Walsh
6. Milford (C)
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Haas
12. Riki
13. McCullough

14. Paix
15. TPJ
16. Flegler
17. Oates

Yes I know this side is rubbish but any version from what is currently available
Fyp

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.