CommBank Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that kevvie has adopted the KISS strategy but sometimes I wish he would keep it even simpler. Look at Penrith, they just run hard and keep good line-speed until their opponent falls apart. Maybe we've got the wrong squad for that type of thing.

We've definitely got the wrong squad for that style of play ... If teams try to copy the Panthers style, we may as well just hand them the Premiership right now.

- Cannot afford TPJ right now but certainly sounds like we are still very much considering him in a couple of weeks
- TPJ is certainly still on the cards but obviously no commitments made
- Madden back next week
- Gosiewski bought in to cover middle, second-row and centres
- Reece has been told to slow his brain, sounded like Kevvie might have ripped into him this week, seems quite frustrated with him
- Some thought given to Sailor for the 7 jersey but don't want to take away from Mam's strengths
- Rogers just needs to make his tackles, kick to the corners and pass it to someone else (paraphrased but I thought it was unintentionally funny)
- Piaks and Riki doing reps at centre but doesn't feel either is ready to do a Capewell there yet

Love Kevvie, he certainly picks up on issues with the team and works at them.
He has a good handle on the NRL coach position now. Jesus hasn't he come a long way!

Kev has been saying for a while they need to slow their brains, cut the mistakes, they're too frantic etc. but there hasn't really appeared to have been any attempt on game day to do so. I would love if they came out very conservative against Parra for the first 20 minutes. They are more than capable of over powering them and putting on points and it might change the mindset a little.
I think he's wary of playing too conservatively and losing the natural spark that our squad has.

Even against rorters the first 20mins we were pretty much camped on their goal line, but we weren't really able to break them down... I think during that period there were some poor decisions, but we weren't really going ballistic with throwing everything at them. It was very sideways and block to block... that would be the worry if we tried to play cookie cutter and more conservative.

We did have some bad errors during that period, but not as bad as it was later on when rorters got in front and Reece went into catch up mode at 6pts down.

It might just be teething issues that Kevvie is willing to wear... you want Walsh and Ezra to play off the cuff and what's in front of them, and hope that experience in top grade will eventually see them making the right decisions without stifling their attack.

The one thing I liked about Baker was that he had started contesting bombs. I hope someone takes that up. There's no real harm to doing so, especially in their 10. Catch it you either score or just hand it over, knock it on, and it's just a handover anyway.

It might just be teething issues that Kevvie is willing to wear... you want Walsh and Ezra to play off the cuff and what's in front of them, and hope that experience in top grade will eventually see them making the right decisions without stifling their attack.
Yeah pretty much this. The quickest way for Walsh and Mam to develop into the players they're gonna be is to try all sorts of stuff, make mistakes along the way and learn from it. Walsh is really speed running this, he's got every string to his bow you could hope for and he's trying to put it all together much earlier in his career than most. I'd just like them to put it away for the opening quarter this week, see that the simple power game works with this side and then go attack mode.

There is no excuses if we lose this, even if we get outs similar to the Roosters game I would expect a win here.

I’m not joking, we don’t win this you may as well draw a line through us.

I’ve already said it, something is off, our defence doesn’t sting and we attack like we don’t trust it.

Sort it.

I’m not joking, we don’t win this you may as well draw a line through us.

I’ve already said it, something is off, our defence doesn’t sting and we attack like we don’t trust it.

Sort it.
It looks like that when an outside back is out, but we should win this, Walsh is in the team so our attack should still be up there soo long as we calm down a bit from the stupidity we did in the First half of the Roosters game.

I would rather we have Pereira or Sailor on Wing than Oates and have him on the bench so we can cover our biggest weakness if we get an edge out though, given Oates is an elite bench back rower if needed and can allow us to cover our outside backs properly if we get edge options out which is a primary reason we have lost games this year.

Every single Loss we have had this season has came when we couldn't cover centre from an outside back being out, the Penrith one being moving Cobbo to fullback and not having a suitable centre to cover it, having Oates goes along way because atleast for this week we have Mariner who is a natural centre, but usually with Arthars we have 2 natural centres playing wing.

Certainly is a must win if we want the the top 4 spot. We should win and I expect Mam and Walsh to have big games. I just want the 2 points and an injury free 80 minutes of football. Good solid defence and some calm attacking play. Build some pressure and then unleash our attack.

Game day!!!

Time to end the curse of our away jersey.

The whole problem is that it isn't a jersey, that's been clear since they released it.

Also, extended bench has been cut to Baker and Sailor.

Either it is a home or an away game I always wear my home jersey which I am wearing at the moment

The whole problem is that it isn't a jersey, that's been clear since they released it.

Also, extended bench has been cut to Baker and Sailor.
Sailor needs to be 18th man... no point having a middle forward as 18th when we have Haas, Kobe and Patty that can pick up extra minutes if injury strikes... Jensen can also pick up extra minutes if needed.

Te Kura was 18th man last week when we were losing backs all over the place... he couldn't get activated in the end, but if Mam failed his HIA he would've been.

BTK would provide no use in that instance whereas Tristan could at least come into the halves.

Gone up to Caloundra for a long weekend…. Don’t ruin my sexy time you blokes…. Get it done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.