Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I've been watching him closely for the last 3-4 weeks and he's been the same every week. I think he's going to The Dolphins so he is not getting excited about how the team is building. I hope he doesn't but he is definitely not getting into it like the rest of the boys.
Shades of Xavier before he left unfortunately.

Couple of quick thoughts....

First, I think Ikin has changed a hell of a lot about this team. The combination of actual footy experience with some fiscal brains and guile is making a difference.

Second, we have gone from being a side with underperforming halves to very capable and shinning ones for the future. Mam and Martin who we should refer to as M&M going forward really put this club in good stead for the future. After a nervous and shaky start, Mam showed he has some class and more importantly isn't afraid to take the line on. He actually will be the perfect compliment to Adam Reynolds. Combine that with with our blossoming pack and outside backs and I think the years ahead will be really enjoyable to watch.

I've been watching him closely for the last 3-4 weeks and he's been the same every week. I think he's going to The Dolphins so he is not getting excited about how the team is building. I hope he doesn't but he is definitely not getting into it like the rest of the boys.
I thought the same but I didn't really pay much attention to him celebrating before and he hasn't scored many NRL tries before this year.
Watching his try highlights for North's he's the exact same.
When a team mate scores he does celebrate more fist pump, hands on air, clap etc etc
Think it's just the way he is I think, it's a case of trying to find an answer to of he's leaving or not because with Xavier you could tell he was going before it was announced it by the way he celebrated after a try.

Nice to win when not playing 100%.

I did wonder what we would do for 80 minutes if we lost Arey. In fact, it shaped as a typical ambush for us and i was prepared to say that as long as the effort was there, i didnt mind too much not coming away from Newcastle with all the points...

So, whilst not a smooth performance imd elighted we hung in and got the W. What a difference for a young half like Mam to walk into this culture and this team right now to make your profesional run-on debut.

Sadly, a lot of Broncos debutants over the last 2 season never had that...

Great to see that old song return....thats Kevs idea ill bet.

I still remember it from 1993 personally.

Go to 1 hour 47 minutes to check it out...

Also just want want to bag that playing surface last night. It resembled a piggery to be honest. I'm surprised there were no knee injuries as huge chunks of the turf were lifting when players were digging their feet in. Not like our hallowed turf which is obviously the Chuck Norris of playing surfaces.

Ours can take a week of torrential rain and then allow the whole competition to play on it over a weekend and check it out next Friday it will be pristine. Despite the forecast of rain all next week.

Annesley has backed both “howlers”.
Re the Obstruction call:

“It was certainly not a ‘howler’ as some have suggested,” Annesley said.

“The bunker official was Grant Atkins who is one of our leading referees, and the circumstances were such that the decision could have gone either way. The rules state that a ball carrier must not run behind an active block or flat runner and disadvantage the defensive line.

“The critical question is whether the ball carrier passed the ball before running behind his own player. The rules also state that defensive decisions that commit defenders to initiating contact with an attacking player will not be deemed obstruction. Both of these rules were considered in reaching a decision and although people are free to agree or disagree with the judgement of the bunker, the relevant rules were objectively assessed in reaching the decision.”

Re the Knights no try:

“There was clear separation between the hand and the ball and it was not re-gripped before the ball was forced,”

Also just want want to bag that playing surface last night. It resembled a piggery to be honest. I'm surprised there were no knee injuries as huge chunks of the turf were lifting when players were digging their feet in. Not like our hallowed turf which is obviously the Chuck Norris of playing surfaces.

Ours can take a week of torrential rain and then allow the whole competition to play on it over a weekend and check it out next Friday it will be pristine. Despite the forecast of rain all next week.
BRIEN did a post on this the other day. There’s a theory that soft/loose grounds help reduce injury

BRIEN did a post on this the other day. There’s a theory that soft/loose grounds help reduce injury
For sure, but not turf that gives way underfoot. It's an accident waiting to happen.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that ? LOL .
Him and Kotoni are working well together .
You’d hate to be the opposing Titans winger and centre next week wouldn’t you. How fired up will they both be for Indigenous round?

Frightening to think if they raise their level of intensity even further.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.