Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Hopefully like Origin we get a third and decisive game.

There's nothing between these two teams at the moment.

Sorry BP but I completely disagree. On last night's performance, given equal full strength sides for the whole 80, we are the stronger side, and I think it showed until injuries ravaged us, and especially with Milf and Hunt not having their best games whereas the Cows IMO played to their potential.

On last night's performance

The rivalry is bigger than just one game.

19-18 Cowboys
21-20 Broncos
17-16 Cowboys
16-12 Broncos

All four could have gone either way.

The next game will (probably) be a nail-biter.

whereas the Cows IMO played to their potential.

Their back three had their worst games of the season and they looked drained after the double header.

Last edited:
Don't think the Cowboys were at their best. They made too many errors.

Cowboys made 9 errors. They were way off their best. But they haven't been playing 80 minutes of football this season. Amazing thing is they still won despite not being at their best. Only by a whisker. Broncos dominated the game when Tamou, Scott and Taumalolo were on the bench. As soon as they came back on they kept charging straight down the guts and momentum swung their way and the forwards laid the platform for JT and co.

Cowboys
Broncos
Sharks
Storm

Two of these teams will fill out the GF in October.

The rivalry is bigger than just one game.

19-18 Cowboys
21-20 Broncos
17-16 Cowboys
16-12 Broncos

All four could have gone either way.

The next game will (probably) be a nail-biter.

Their back three had their worst games of the season and they looked drained after the double header.

Can't agree. Our performance last night with such a depleted bench mad up for any drain from the double header...and their back 3 had their worst game because our defence gave it to them, not only them, but to their set plays. For mine, the Cows are playing at their best and we are still improving, remembering especially the relatively ordinary games Hunt and Milford had.

The errors they made we forced through great defence.

We were 18-6 up when injury disaster struck. I can only imagine the score if we were at full strength.

Can't believe people are making excuses for the Cowboys

Last edited:
Can't agree. Our performance last night with such a depleted bench mad up for any drain from the double header...and their back 3 had their worst game because our defence gave it to them, not only them, but to their set plays. For mine, the Cows are playing at their best and we are still improving, remembering especially the relatively ordinary games Hunt and Milford had.

The errors they made we forced through great defence.

We were 18-6 up when injury disaster struck. I can only imagine the score if we were at full strength.

Can't believe people are making excuses for the Cowboys

How can we be making excuses when Cowboys played sloppy, yet still won. That's not excuses lol

You're not acknowledging that Brisbane were not at their best either. And don't accuse anyone else of whingeing when just about every fanbase does it. You look hypocritical.

How can we be making excuses when Cowboys played sloppy, yet still won. That's not excuses lol

The Cowboys didn't play "sloppy". They played great football against an injury ravaged side who lost by only 1 point. We were fucked and yet lost by only 1 point. That about says it all

their back 3 had their worst game because our defence gave it to them

So when their players are below their best it's because of the Broncos.

But when the Broncos are below their best it's also because of the Broncos?

Both teams have improvement in them. Both have strengths and weaknesses, toss of the coin and hope for the best.

EDIT: Flaming

Last edited by a moderator:
So when their players are below their best it's because of the Broncos.

But when the Broncos are below their best it's also because of the Broncos?

Both teams have improvement in them. Both have strengths and weaknesses, toss of the coin and hope for the best.

Spot on. NSW have no chance this year lmao

I don't support either team. I support the other qld team. And its def not the Titans. But I want to see a good match between two great sides. Penalties were squared up. But the ref not blowing penalties for infringements for the little things (both teams had bad calls) made it a great flowing game. It happens in Rugby Union a lot. Having said that even my Storm got a crucial let off last week when Cameron Smith was way off side in attempting to charge down JT's field goal attempt. Bad call cost Cowboys a chance to win. That happens. Broncos will bounce back against the Tigers. They struggled against the team you guys smashed.

Don't think the Cowboys were at their best. They made too many errors.

Yeah I agree...they didn't play to their full potential at all. Either did we.....

They had more reserves on the bench than us, that gave them the edge. A one point victory to them was befitting.

Aint no way they are a level above us. That talk is nonsense.

But...but we can't beat the Cows, they're too strong, they didn't play their best and we apparently did and all that.

Neither side was at their best and it was still an excellent game IMO.

I think both sides are pretty much equal. Our danger period is the start and the end of the matches, when their key forwards are on, like Taumalolo, Scott and Tamou. Their danger period is when they are off, and we have the clear advantage. Whoever makes better use of their advantage period will probably win.

Pot. Kettle. Black

Try reading this thread again with an open mind.
Really? Maybe you should give that a try yourself first...

Few people here are blaming the refs for the loss, instead pointing out fairly reasonable events of the game as main reasons to the loss, like the injuries depleting the team, and including the Broncos own faults, like the mistakes from Milford, Roberts or Kahu.
Also, you didn't hear Wayne Bennett of Corey Parker mention the refs or other bullshit excuses for the loss yesterday, did you?

Now rewind to the end of the round 4 game at Suncorp. All that could be heard from the Cowboys camp after the loss, was bleating about the refs robbing them, when in fact the Broncos were the team with reasons to complain, mainly about the try taken off Gillett.
The worst part is that it wasn't just the one eyed fans doing it, Green and Thurston were absolute sooks about it in the first place, and their whining was deafening.

P.S. I'm not sure about you, but coming into an opposition fan forum and calling them whingers in your first post, is probably not the smartest move to encourage decent debate, unless that isn't what you were looking for .

OK. Let's keep playing ... let us speculate (and do not worry cowboy, you will not go blind!)

At Broncos up 18 - 6 ... Broncos remain full strength for whole match ... forget everything else

Will final result - difference between the 2 sides ON THAT NIGHT... still LIKELY be single field goal?

Last edited:
Really? Maybe you should give that a try yourself first...

Few people here are blaming the refs for the loss, instead pointing out fairly reasonable events of the game as main reasons to the loss, like the injuries depleting the team, and including the Broncos own faults, like the mistakes from Milford, Roberts or Kahu.
Also, you didn't hear Wayne Bennett of Corey Parker mention the refs or other bullshit excuses for the loss yesterday, did you?

Now rewind to the end of the round 4 game at Suncorp. All that could be heard from the Cowboys camp after the loss, was bleating about the refs robbing them, when in fact the Broncos were the team with reasons to complain, mainly about the try taken off Gillett.
The worst part is that it wasn't just the one eyed fans doing it, Green and Thurston were absolute sooks about it in the first place, and their whining was deafening.

P.S. I'm not sure about you, but coming into an opposition fan forum and calling them whingers in your first post, is probably not the smartest move to encourage decent debate, unless that isn't what you were looking for .

Still whinging. In the words of Elsa "let It go" lol

Still whinging. In the words of Elsa "let It go" lol

Please read it again. Bandwagon fans jumping on to opposition forums to brag is one of the ugliest things you can do. Criticing the oppositions' fans for doing something that your team's captain and coach have done constantly is not only hypocritical but shows you either have a limited grasp on the situation or you're merely not here for genuine discussion. Neither of these things are tolerated here, may I suggest you skip along to somewhere like LU, where cowardice and temporary bravado is celebrated, and attention spans are fleeting.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Swordfish
  • RolledOates
  • maddo
  • Old Mate
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Porthoz
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.