Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

[MENTION=9007]FAS33[/MENTION] I just popped over to your forum because I thought without doubt you would be strutting around like some hero for your trolling effort here.

Honestly I would be disgusted by some of the comments there. Making fun of Corey Oates who may have some kind of heart condition, saying he was "too tired" to play the second half.

What a sad pathetic group you are.

Last edited:
Interesting comments from Fittler just now. Says the injuries on the night, especially Oates made the difference. Still rates the Broncs just ahead of the Cows.

@FAS33 I just popped over to your forum because I thought without doubt you would be strutting around like some hero for your trolling effort here.

Honestly I would be disgusted by some of the comments there. Making fun of Corey Oates who may have some kind of heart condition, saying he was "too tired" to play the second half.

What a sad lather to group you are.
Wouldn't have expected much better, to be honest.

I just had a look at Bennett and Parker's presser compared to Green and Thurston after their loss. Chalk and cheese in terms of class after a loss.

[MENTION=9007]FAS33[/MENTION] I just popped over to your forum because I thought without doubt you would be strutting around like some hero for your trolling effort here.

What a sad lather to group you are.

That's fine make fun of the Cowboys. They're not my team. ;)

Guys he has said he's a Storm fan, not Cowboys.

well if he says it it must be true, I mean it is impossible to lie on an anonymous forum.

He seems incredibly invested in something that had nothing to do with his team...

Last edited:
lol @ you lot feeding the troll :rant::laugh:

There's nothing between the teams, obviously. Their strengths are their starting pack, and the current best player in the game, Thurston. Ours are that we don't lose a whole lot when we interchange our pack (and this for mine is a huge plus considering the age of Parker/Thaiday etc), and the obvious Milf/Hunt who while brilliant on their day (not Friday, sadly) - do not have the game controlling and game breaking ability of Thurston. They're also still a long way off 250 games so can't be expected to be in that class yet (and may never reach it either, though I suspect Milf's ceiling is thereabouts).

Our lack of set attacking plays is clear when you compare us to the Cows. They are a better-drilled attacking side, and that's not all down to Thurston. It's come from familiarity (as the commentators alluded to often during the game) and also from the individual brilliance of JT and what he can do; Morgan and Coote as well to a lesser extent.

Our 5th tackle options in their half stunk again, when we were there. Yet they had more ball, in far better field position, and still only came away with a 1 point win - despite fatigue, injuries and all the other stuff. As it stands, the teams are equal. With both teams at 100%, playing to their full potential - it's probably still equal.

Amazing games, and realistically we deserve another Cows/Broncs GF again this year. The Sharks and Storm will round out the top 4 IMO, but I don't think either can really beat Broncs/Cows if they're on their game. Sharks only scraped the win over us when we only played one half of footy and they had an 18(?) point head start. And the Storm just got home over the Cows who are playing below their ceiling atm. I can't wait to play the Storm tbh, I think that will be a cracker game and a good test of where we're really at.

That's pretty stupid.

Not at all. Hunt doesnt have a great kicking game and his game management is poor. Its something we are badly lacking. I think Benny would be great at hooker. Pretty good defensively, Would deliver the ball well and has a very sharp running game.

I just dont see Hunt at 26 years old and after playing a lot of football both in his younger days and the last 3 years at halfback suddenly improving his kicking game dramatically. He isnt a kid just coming into first grade, He is coming into his prime years and i doubt its something he is going to develop now.

I really think Cronk would improve us so much even if its only for the next couple of years. I think he has that left in him easily. I would actually say if we had Cronk in our team and fit we would have been grand final winners last year, this year and probably the year after as well.

Not at all. Hunt doesnt have a great kicking game and his game management is poor. Its something we are badly lacking. I think Benny would be great at hooker. Pretty good defensively, Would deliver the ball well and has a very sharp running game.

I just dont see Hunt at 26 years old and after playing a lot of football both in his younger days and the last 3 years at halfback suddenly improving his kicking game dramatically. He isnt a kid just coming into first grade, He is coming into his prime years and i doubt its something he is going to develop now.

I really think Cronk would improve us so much even if its only for the next couple of years. I think he has that left in him easily. I would actually say if we had Cronk in our team and fit we would have been grand final winners last year, this year and probably the year after as well.

And who would you not have in the team to fit him in under the cap?

We can't have an entire team of gods in their respective position. We already do a fucking great job of that IMO, look at our class as opposed to just about every other team in the comp. We outclass most teams position for position.

It's my same argument for dropping some of the solid bench players (JWal comes to mind). He's not a gamebreaker, nor a Matt Scott. But we don't need him to be. And I'd rather him over a Ben Hannant or a Scott Bolton any day of the damn week. We are a very well-rounded team with a quality player in each position, even on our bench. You drop superstars like Cronk in, and you have to lose good players in other positions to accommodate.

Give me the well-rounded quality team any day please. We've got the mix right. We were 5 seconds off last year, and should go 5 seconds better this year, and with a generally very young team.

Interesting comments from Fittler just now. Says the injuries on the night, especially Oates made the difference. Still rates the Broncs just ahead of the Cows.

He's clearly trolling because the Cowboys are unbeatable don't you know.

And who would you not have in the team to fit him in under the cap?

We can't have an entire team of gods in their respective position. We already do a fucking great job of that IMO, look at our class as opposed to just about every other team in the comp. We outclass most teams position for position.

It's my same argument for dropping some of the solid bench players (JWal comes to mind). He's not a gamebreaker, nor a Matt Scott. But we don't need him to be. And I'd rather him over a Ben Hannant or a Scott Bolton any day of the damn week. We are a very well-rounded team with a quality player in each position, even on our bench. You drop superstars like Cronk in, and you have to lose good players in other positions to accommodate.

Give me the well-rounded quality team any day please. We've got the mix right. We were 5 seconds off last year, and should go 5 seconds better this year, and with a generally very young team.

Fair points mate. He would be difficult to fit under the cap no doubt about it.

Maybe Benny needs to work on his game like Cronk does with his to take himself to another level. Cronk is meticulous, not many around like him to be fair in terms of how he has worked on his game and i'm not sure Benny has the drive to work at his kicking like Cronk does.

I do think Hunt is a great player, i just think for a half back he lacks game management.

I do wonder if there was some sort of understanding with Taylor before he was given a release.

Fair points mate. He would be difficult to fit under the cap no doubt about it.

Maybe Benny needs to work on his game like Cronk does with his to take himself to another level. Cronk is meticulous, not many around like him to be fair in terms of how he has worked on his game and i'm not sure Benny has the drive to work at his kicking like Cronk does.

I do think Hunt is a great player, i just think for a half back he lacks game management.

Hunt does extra kicking work at training.

Hunt's kicking is fine. It's definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. It's his kick choices that let him down. He more often than not takes the wrong kicking option.

Last edited:

Hunt's kicking is fine. It's definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. It's his kick choices that let him down. He more often than not takes the wrong kicking option.

I think you are spot on although I would add that it's not just him taking the wrong option, it's more that he doesn't take options, either at all, or not enough when the opportunity is there, and that is a fundamental difference between him and say Thurston who is always looking to kick to create an opportunity AND he has, as LD83 pointed out above, players aware and ready in support for his kicks. Hunt does it, we do it, just not enough.

When are we going to kick for Roberts?

Last edited:

Thats what i mean more about his game management in regards to his kicking. Most half backs can kick ok, but its the choices they make and where they put their kicks that separate the very best. Cronk isnt a naturally great instinctive footballer imo, but through practice he has made himself one of the best half backs going around. He has trained himself to put the ball in the right spots time after time. This is where Benny could learn from him. Its something that can be trained.

I counted at least 5 or 6 times where Hunt had to compromise his angle (both in height and direction) because the defence was on him so quickly. In those situations he has no choice IMO. You either slog it as hard as you can or you die with the ball - and it was multiple defenders so running it it was not possible. I can't help but think he needs better protection, or stand deeper, or have the 4th play better structured for a quicker PTB. But something.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • mieko
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.