Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Pathetic!

Pathetic gameplan - why wait till the last five minutes to actually have a go?
Pathetic one out running and bunched behind the play the ball.
Pathetic half back - can't kick, cant pass, cant organise, cant think, cant get the the ball to the fastest man in the NRL. Should have kept Taylor!
Pathetic fifth tackle options
Pathetic depth in attack - why are we standing still when we receive the ball half the time?
Pathetic defensive line - never moves up just stands back and waits.

and rounded out with Pathetic refereeing.

Pathetic!

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
We still should have put in a better performance mate.. Tigers are puss and were missing 3 guns yet beat us at home...

Sure, I agree, but 4 losses for a total loss margin of -5 is hardly the end times that some will have you believe.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
No, it was a poor performance irrespective of the missing players. Contrast this side missing players against a Melbourne side in the same position, it would only highlight how disjointed the Broncos looked. The Sharks and Storm are no pretenders, unfortunately we are the pretenders at this time. That was poor tonight, very poor.

100%

both of those teams are playing tougher, harder & better football than Brisbane

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Oh turn it up, so now even Milford's form is to be blamed on Hunt. Everything is Hunt's fault.

Yeah this bullshit is frustrating as ****. People have made up there minds on hunt and have gotten ridiculous.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Blair betrayed Bennett's trust tonight. Considering how far he stuck his neck out for him, Blair's leadership performance was horrible.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Roberts looks so disinterested.

This is entirely why I was in the meh pile when signing him was first brought up. Did you see how players like Addo-Carr go in looking for the ball? Roberts rarely does that. His two runs from dummy half every week barely count.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
until brisbane starts beating these so-called 'pretenders' and actually playing as well as they are, THEY aren't the pretenders.

C'mon, take two players out of either teams backline and four of their forwards and how well do you think they will play?

You can't win them all Sharknado and the NRL is proof of that.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Sure, I agree, but 4 losses for a total loss margin of -5 is hardly the end times that some will have you believe.

Losing to the Cowboys, sharks and panthers by a point, away, is completely different to losing to this tigers side by a point at Suncorp. It's not the end of the world but we still should have won comfortably tonight.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hunt was bad, Milford was shit. Our forward pack got severly dominated though, that was the main reason we lost.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Re: Post Game discussion - West Tigers

Fucking terrible performance.

I'll know they'll be plenty of apologising because of missing Origin players but fair dinkum...Reed needs to **** off and Hunt needs a spell in ISC.

Why Reed? Seriously.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
I'm off this. We were the real deal last year but choked. I get the feeling were pretending this year.... And it's not even this loss... Apart from the Knights game we haven't stamped any authority...disjointed attack, average defence and plenty of errors. By the time we scrape through this notorious period we will be under serious pressure to stay in the 8. Even with our origin players I can't see how we win tonight with the state our halves are in. I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom, just haven't seen much from this so called comp favourite side.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I believed Hunt may not recover from his grand final blunders and nothing I've seen this year has changed that. Before a ball was kicked I wrote similar things and sadly it is the case. We were missing great players and real experience but the game highlighted how headless we become. Players clearly did not understand their roles but the experienced halves should have led the team to victory. We may improve in the next few weeks but our bookie favouritism will soon disappear. The Cows will be first and the Sharks second favourite....we will need a massive improvement to challenge this year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane were out-enthused by a line-up that were told all week they couldn't do it. They could and they did. Minus two Origin stars of their own, and more importantly their star fullback James Tedesco, the Tigers played with better shape, more intensity and executed really well. Mitchell Moses' kicking game in particular was a stand-out. His ability to trap the Broncos inside their own twenty set after set took Milford and Hunt out of the game, exposing the inexperience of the side.

Six players were missing from the side tonight and in their stead were Greg Eden (3rd NRL game), Jadyn Su'A (Debut), Herman Ese'ese (3rd NRL game), Tevita Pangai Jr (Debut) and Jai Arrow (2nd NRL Game). The only player with considerable experience was Lachlan Maranta, who had only just returned and was playing his second game in as many months. When you consider that Andrew McCullough and Jack Reed both had to come off last week due to injury it's easy to see why the side was unable to play it's best footy.

Even so, it was a forgettable night for a lot of players. Their backs were against the wall for the majority of the contest and when they had an opportunity to respond, they failed to do so. In true Broncos fashion, even on an off night, they found a way to make it close and almost steal it at the end. As good as the Maranta try was (wonderful piece of skill from Ben Hunt), I was really impressed with a couple of defensive efforts on the line. There were a few instances where the Tigers should have been up by more, but some last ditch efforts kept Brisbane in the game.

Kahu, Wallace and Glenn can hold their heads up in a beaten side.

The rookies weren't bad either, they'll take a lot from it.

Onwards and upwards.

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
Yes we should of won but its not the end of the world. Will the finals series be played without the same players missing......no! Chilllll lads it was a 2/10 performance, every team has them!

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Blair captain? Hopefully that was the 1st and last time. Not one of Bennett's better decisions.

Our halves need to spend hours and hours watching Thurston and Morgan videos. Then maybe they can learn how to take control of a team, and the game.

Hunt has to start thinking out on the field for more than 5 minutes. When he does, he does very good things, like the kick for Maranta (who was generally sod ordinary). Trouble is, he doesn't think for 75 minutes.

Milford needs a rocket up his arse... seriously. He is starting to remind me of Corey Norman: believing in his own hype.

And I'll ask this question every week. Why did we sign Roberts? So Reed can get 3 times as much ball? WTF?

The Tigers came to play, they came to win. We just turned up and expected to win. Sorry, doesn't work like that. You need energy and enthusiasm. The Tigers were as inexperienced, more or less than we were, but they came to win, to give everything. Our energy? Yawn

But make sure they turn the videos off before the post-game interviews because I like how our players have an ounce of humility when we lose. At least they accept responsibility. Or maybe they should watch them? Years of whinging has sure as hell helped the Cowboys.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Brisbane were out-enthused by a line-up that were told all week they couldn't do it. They could and they did. Minus two Origin stars of their own, and more importantly their star fullback James Tedesco, the Tigers played with better shape, more intensity and executed really well. Mitchell Moses' kicking game in particular was a stand-out. His ability to trap the Broncos inside their own twenty set after set took Milford and Hunt out of the game, exposing the inexperience of the side.

Six players were missing from the side tonight and in their stead were Greg Eden (3rd NRL game), Jadyn Su'A (Debut), Herman Ese'ese (3rd NRL game), Tevita Pangai Jr (Debut) and Jai Arrow (2nd NRL Game). The only player with considerable experience was Lachlan Maranta, who had only just returned and was playing his second game in as many months. When you consider that Andrew McCullough and Jack Reed both had to come off last week due to injury it's easy to see why the side was unable to play it's best footy.

Even so, it was a forgettable night for a lot of players. Their backs were against the wall for the majority of the contest and when they had an opportunity to respond, they failed to do so. In true Broncos fashion, even on an off night, they found a way to make it close and almost steal it at the end. As good as the Maranta try was (wonderful piece of skill from Ben Hunt), I was really impressed with a couple of defensive efforts on the line. There were a few instances where the Tigers should have been up by more, but some last ditch efforts kept Brisbane in the game.

Kahu, Wallace and Glenn can hold their heads up in a beaten side.

The rookies weren't bad either, they'll take a lot from it.

Onwards and upwards.

Well put BP.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Spoon
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.