Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Knights

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me cynical, but I very much doubt Paix is happy to not be playing in the nrl after 14 straight games this season, even if he’s only getting 30mins the last few weeks. I also doubt Jensen is happy about being dropped after he’s worked his arse off the last few years & done absolutely nothing wrong. Kevvie has to be careful, just the perception of favouritism can fester & gain a life of its own very quickly.

Call me cynical, but I very much doubt Paix is happy to not be playing in the nrl after 14 straight games this season, even if he’s only getting 30mins the last few weeks. I also doubt Jensen is happy about being dropped after he’s worked his arse off the last few years & done absolutely nothing wrong. Kevvie has to be careful, just the perception of favouritism can fester & gain a life of its own very quickly.
At the same, solely relying on guys who have been "getting it done" even if they're not as good as the guys coming through is dangerous. It's a balancing act to figure out what's best for the team.

I hope it doesn't backfire. I'm always worried before a game, particularly a game we *should win* but I hope i'm wrong.

I don’t recall Billy ever being dropped, while Paix has been dropped at least twice now, and Billy has had some real stinkers. I hate to buy into the whole nepotism thing, but I think by nature it’s hard to avoid. I also think if Kevvie wasn’t coach Billy would never have been signed to begin with.

I don’t recall Billy ever being dropped, while Paix has been dropped at least twice now, and Billy has had some real stinkers. I hate to buy into the whole nepotism thing, but I think by nature it’s hard to avoid. I also think if Kevvie wasn’t coach Billy would never have been signed to begin with.
If Kevvie wasn't coach we'd probably still be at the bottom of the ladder.

I think with the rapid rise this club has had (from wooden spooned to premiership contenders), we should have a little faith in what Kevvie is doing (especially when we don't know the details e.g why players are dropped or not).

I think with the rapid rise this club has had (from wooden spooned to premiership contenders), we should have a little faith in what Kevvie is doing (especially when we don't know the details e.g why players are dropped or not).

Yes but for some posters, as soon as Billy gets mentioned = nepotism and therefore a pile on due to confirmation bias.

He’s done a good job, but he’s also made mistakes. Billy has earned his place, no doubt, he probably had his best game last week, but considering Kevvie hasn’t been shy to drop some players it’s a little odd that Billy hasn’t been dropped even once imo.

I have never been that impressed by Paix, I think his passing game can be a little erratic at times, but I think with his speed he was a good point of difference off the bench and I don’t think Smoothy will be.

I have never been that impressed by Paix, I think his passing game can be a little erratic at times, but I think with his speed he was a good point of difference off the bench and I don’t think Smoothy will be.
Although I wonder if it was actual speed, or just being the most fresh in the middle. Guess we'll find out tomorrow lol.

Paix seems like a decent player, he just seems to get tired really quick.

The eternal optimists on the forum are pulling out all stops now to make sure their propaganda is believed. It’s hilarious how the clubs statement has been taken as gospel by them. this is pretty much the smoking gun that nepotism has been playing a part and in at least some ways affecting team harmony.

You guys were wrong, just admit it or become an even bigger laughing stock.

Hate to sound so smug but I always had a pretty big hunch something like this would happen……

ikin’s departure……..how much did this play a part?

He put his hand up to play Cup a month ago and was happy to do it. He wanted more time after the Storm game.

Knights fans know what's up 😊

Screenshot 20230609 170657

He put his hand up to play Cup a month ago and was happy to do it. He wanted more time after the Storm game.
In addition to playing nrl or instead of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • HVbronco
  • achievedrap
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncs30
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • Rookie Alan
  • Allo
  • Big Del
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • HarryAllan7
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.