Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The team is essentially the same but we definitely are down around 10% in the go forward department with the loss of McGuire. Will that be enough to derail our season ? Well I don't think so as I expect that where we finish will be pretty much the same. I would love to see a premiership but cannot escape the feeling that we will only make the final four. This is the opening for Wallace or Dodds, I hope one or both grab the chance. We won ugly tonight against a desperate team and that's the mark of a genuine contender. I hope the rest does them some good but I'd like to see those two fellows play ISC next weekend and really shine.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I guess when you sit back and think about it, we could think of far worse players to replace McG at prop than Thaiday. He must know he has to step up now

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
How was Marantas post try celebration.
(Quick smile followed by a stretch)

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
How good is Matty Gillett going?

Played his best Origin in Melbourne and has backed it up with two MotM awards.

He's in for a strong end to the season and he's going to remind some people that he's one of the best backrows in the competition and one of the best to play for Brisbane.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Gillettes defintely lifted. I think he should have sorted his shoulder out there last year as he was looking pretty ordinary in the 2nd half of the 2014.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think Gillett would be just as good on the left.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
First game I've gone to this season and Josh does his achilles FFS.

Some poor defence but excellent attack, must be an unwritten rule for 44-22 type games to induce a Mexican wave.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I've said it elsewhere but once the Broncos get used to the current formations, I'd love to see them mix it up a little with Gillett popping up around the place and making good use of his skills and foot-work. He's an effective ball-player and if you can use him on a switch play it could really catch a lot of the better teams out.

Speaking of popping up on either side, I really dug Gillett's second try. The pass was forward but considering some of the passes Brisbane have been called on, they were bound to get one their way.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Maranta, I just had a thought, is he a younger version of wing Boyd?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Gillett would be just as good on the left.

He'd be good anywhere with this form. Haven't seen such energy from him for a while. At least Hunt is starting to use him on the edge more.

I'm still not a fan of the "new defence". 30 missed tackles to their 17, easy metres up the middle, and Gagai ran more metres than any of ours by a long way. I still think we are moving up in defence too slowly. I also wish we would move the ball more. When we did we scored. Instead, I thought there was way too much running one out up the middle.

Nevertheless, the tries were great and Milford was superb with his running game. The Knights played well too. It was a good win.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
He'd be good anywhere with this form. Haven't seen such energy from him for a while. At least Hunt is starting to use him on the edge more.

I'm still not a fan of the "new defence". 30 missed tackles to their 17, easy metres up the middle, and Gagai ran more metres than any of ours by a long way. I still think we are moving up in defence too slowly. I also wish we would move the ball more. When we did we scored. Instead, I thought there was way too much running one out up the middle.

Nevertheless, the tries were great and Milford was superb with his running game. The Knights played well too. It was a good win.

In fairness, this game doesn't show where we're at IMO. Last week did. I'm also worried that if we give so much ground away to the better teams in the comp they'll rip us to shreds...but tonight wasn't a fair gauge.

Totally agree when we shift the ball though. It always looks good, and we have the strike power both on the outside and in the backrowers inside to exploit any weaknesses.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Disappointing game, and I'm not even including the McGuire loss. We had the chance to show every other team what we were made of, and all we did was turn over possession cheaply and then immediately concede points. Some fantastic cover defence at times, immediately ruined by poor decision making and inexperience. We really need Reed back.

Perhaps I'm being harsh, last week would have taken a lot out of them. And we never ever looked like losing. And two of their tries were scored directly because we had injured players - Blair not being there to cover because he copped a boot to the face, and then McGuire going down and leaving a yawning gap. But still... I just expected better.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Also got to give credit to Blair on the chase for Uate. That was a super effort and I'm glad Hadley recognised his efforts after focusing entirely on Uate's effort. I don't think Akuila bombed it as much as Blair limited his options.

At first glance, I thought Uate completely bombed it by not passing the ball.

Then I looked at a replay and saw that when Uate was looking to pass, Blair sticks the arm out and that makes Uate hold the ball.

Good effort from the bloke to keep chasing..

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • KickHaas
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.