PRE-GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

But the fact Copely makes contact with him thus putting him off balance and the winger is falling and there is no shoulder contact means any decent lawyer representing him will get him off. I say show some cajones and fight the bullshit ruling.
You forgot the one thing going against him ... He plays for the Brisbane Broncos ...

If we're lucky, we'll get one bloke off at the judiciary per decade ... Since we managed to get Hodges off to play the 2015 GF, we're not due for another not guilty finding for about 6 years

TPJ is taking the early plea

It was definitely reckless, was running like a freight train and tried to hit him with everything. All he needed to do was slow down and drive him in his midsection , tevita never made the effort to lower himself. Was always going to be high on a smaller player, great intent but execution was poor.

TPJ has given away so many penalties in his time here with reckless tackles like that. I can understand that he wants to put a big shot on, but after all these penalties you'd think he'll start to learn to slow down a bit and wrap the player with his arms.

TPJ has given away so many penalties in his time here with reckless tackles like that. I can understand that he wants to put a big shot on, but after all these penalties you'd think he'll start to learn to slow down a bit and wrap the player with his arms.
First time: shit happens.
Second time: blame the player.
Third time: blame the coach.

First time: shit happens.
Second time: blame the player.
Third time: blame the coach.
To be fair, it's not like hes always catching players high (aka Allan Cann). He just loses his technique with effort plays. I think it's more a mental thing than anything else.
I'm sure the coach is working on it, but like a lot of things some bad habits are hard to get rid of.
He just needs to keep working on it, and as he's a hard trainer, he'll get there.

He's an impact player and sometimes they go over the top or get it wrong. I hope he never changes as he plays his best footy when he's fired up. A placid TPJ isn't very effective as we have seen on a few occasions this year.

My only concern with TPJ's intensity is it does cause some mistakes/recklessness.

For example against the titans, he was rushing up in the defensive line alone. Although not punished against the titans, this wont be missed by the storm, roosters or souths.

He also sometimes rushes to put a hit on as third man in the tackle. This worries me due to the high risk of friendly fire. 120kg at 30km per hour can cripple elbows, knees etc. I would be happier if he were to wrap the ball up or just put the player on their back in that situation.

Pretty straight forward line-up with TPJ out & Gillett / Flegler back in. The only question mark is Dearden, I expect he'll get a couple of weeks in QCUP before returning to the NRL though. At that point we can only pray that he gets the 7 jersey and Turpin usurps Macca.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Glenn
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Boyd (c)
7. Turpin
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Ofahengaue

14. Segeyaro
15. Flegler
16. Carrigan
17. Kennedy

Pretty straight forward line-up with TPJ out & Gillett / Flegler back in. The only question mark is Dearden, I expect he'll get a couple of weeks in QCUP before returning to the NRL though. At that point we can only pray that he gets the 7 jersey and Turpin usurps Macca.
Seibold said he's returning through Wynnum Manly. I expect he'll see how handles it one week at time.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Glenn
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Boyd (c)
7. Turpin
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Ofahengaue

14. Segeyaro
15. Flegler
16. Carrigan
17. Kennedy
That won't be it.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Glenn
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Boyd (c)
7. Turpin
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Flegler

14. Segeyaro
15. Ofahengaue
16. Carrigan
17. Kennedy

If Glenn out, perhaps Boyd at centre with Dearden in. Otherwise hopefully Farnsworth (Shibasucki should never be picked again)

If Glenn out, perhaps Boyd at centre with Dearden in. Otherwise hopefully Farnsworth (Shibasucki should never be picked again)
Dearden won't be coming back to first grade this week.

A big key to winning this game will be our start. Our best bet is to work off second-phase footy, which will take a huge blow with TPJ out. Hopefully Lodge, Fifita and Haas can find more opportunities to offload.

Another key thing will be for Macca to continue this kick pressure. Players like Croft and Munster, Munster especially are confidence players. If we are pressuring him we can easily rattle him and put him off his game. This goes for most their players as well. They no longer have Slater and Cronk, who would usually slow the game and regain control during these moments.

It's splitting hairs a bit arguing between a shoulder or pec IMO . TPJ has to get that out of his game. If he has enough reaction time to lean in to the contact/tackle then he should be able to adjust to wrap the guy up and still make good contact and put him on his back. It's dumb selfish play and my biggest criticism of TPJ outside his consistency.
Just when he was building some consistent form he gets done again.

On the bright side at least he should come back fresh to dominate JT again.

Last edited:
Seibold said he's returning through Wynnum Manly. I expect he'll see how handles it one week at time.

Seibold said he might be returning through Wynnum Manly. He said he is undecided on whether Dearden will come straight back in or return through ISC.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hurrijo
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.