vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am assuming Paix must be injured. Has he been playing in QCup?

Kev is still clueless leaving Gamble and Paix out of the interchange. Sticking with Turpin and Ryan James FMD

The big issue I have here is the recent team and this weeks team looks close to the team we had running out early on in the year when we lost 4 in a row and now our last month of footy has similar faces and we are back to a brand of footy that isn't working.

I love Kev but this thing he has about playing these guys is stupid. A strange loyalty but shoehorning them in to a side that was doing well is just not right. If Paix is fit and firing he should be in the squad and palasia is better than Kennedy or James and should be in the squad. The only time the blokes been crap is when he has been put out of position.

Hopefully we can pull this game off despite the concerns but Kev just put us in the pressure cooker.

Kev really needs better coaching staff around him in his ear. There's no way Ryan James should be coming off after 24 minutes, if he has to be selected at all. Give him 15 minutes, bust his ass and then put Kobe on. Flegler works better off the bench this year because he offers more spark than Jensen. It's all about balance and he just doesn't have it.

8 Payne Haas - off after 30, replaced by Kennedy (60 minutes)
9 Billy Walters - off after 32, replaced by Paix (47 minutes)
10 Corey Jensen - off after 22, replaced by Flegler (37 minutes)
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jordan Riki
13 Ryan James - off after 15, replaced by Hetherington (25 minutes max)

14 Cory Paix -off after 65 (43 minutes)
15 Kobe Hetherington- off after 70 if necessary (55 minutes)
16 Thomas Flegler - off after 65 (43 minutes)
17 Rhys Kennedy - off after 50 (20 minutes)
Hey mate, under your plan are you having Billy and Paix on at the same time, otherwise your maths is out. Paix would only be playing 33 minutes and not 43 minutes.

Hey mate, under your plan are you having Billy and Paix on at the same time, otherwise your maths is out. Paix would only be playing 33 minutes and not 43 minutes.
Obviously they wouldn't be on at the same time. I just mistyped. I'd have Walters on for 47 and Paix for 33

Giving Kev the power to decide a team list is like letting Homer Simpson design a car

homer GIF

Kev has given these guys a chance at redemption which does work a lot of the time but what happens if we get rolled this week.
Does he make changes going into a must win game against saints.?
Even if we get beaten on Thursday I'd say he has decided this is his team . You wouldn't think a coach would be planning multiple changes to save a season then go into a semi with new combinations.
If he was going to change this was the week.

I like what Waters has done this season but he deserves to die on his sword here (obviously not sacked! Just cop maximum criticism). Fucking shocking selections.
James and Turpin were rightfully turned into stop gaps, not set in stone selections.
I could understand not making wholesale changes so the team that had performed throughout the year get a chance at retribution but ffs Paix, paliasia and Gamble have been the ones who have proved themselves this year whereas Turpin and james have proven that we lose with them in the team.
Also, willison, piakura and tc robati I could understand not being in the top team but ffs put them in the squad and let them know they are close/next in line (they fucking should be and give these underperforming Muppets know they need to earn their jersey!!!)

Kev has given these guys a chance at redemption which does work a lot of the time but what happens if we get rolled this week.
Does he make changes going into a must win game against saints.?
Even if we get beaten on Thursday I'd say he has decided this is his team . You wouldn't think a coach would be planning multiple changes to save a season then go into a semi with new combinations.
If he was going to change this was the week.
Maybe, If we just ignore the form over the last month. Honestly, the only person in the world who didn’t see last weeks flogging coming is Kevin Walters. The fact he still can’t see it is just staggering.

I told @Foordy I'd stop bashing Kev - but shit it's starting to become very challenging. Ryan James is the most useless player in the NRL, saving Turpin the embarrasment and yet both are starting... WTAF.

Look I’m not happy with the team selections either and we have hit the wall big time but I cannot put a line threw Kevie, we have had a good season and any other year we would be a lock in for the top 8. I trust Kevie can come back stronger next year and I believe what Ikin and DD have said in that they won’t let him fail.

Being a sentimental bastard I wouldn’t be surprised if this is way of thanking the likes of James and Turpin with one final home game appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Totally Unr3al
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.