POST GAME [Round 25, 2021] Broncos vs Knights

I've only rewatched the first half. Here are a few moments that caught my eye. Bear in mind I did give Herbie one of my votes this week, so I'm not saying he had a "bad" game. All told, he was one of our stars. But he could've been a whole lot better. Latrell wouldn't have made these errors.

Referring to the time on the video, not the game clock.

22+: Oates has the overlap, Herbie flubs it. Actually Niu should've cut Herbie out.
36.45: Oates has overlap. Niu should've cut Herbie out.
36.55: Herbie surrenders rather than pass to Oates
46.55: Oates has open space. Herbie hangs onto it and instead kicks. Almost a try. But wrong option.
51.40: Again a cut out from Niu would've put Corey away. Herbie's step puts Corey offside. Goes to ground.
52: Less said about this the better.

My point is Niu, Coates and Farnworth are not working together. Communication is lacking. You could point the finger at any of them, but I tend not to blame Corey so much because he's been doing this shit a long time. Get this right and it's the difference between the narrow losses we've been having and some sizable wins. If we got those sizeable wins, we might be in the eight.

I have confidence that a preseason can fix all that. We have some confidence and resolve now. Add some stability and combinations will build.

Very excited for 22

Thoughts on Bullemor's performance at prop? I was worried he'd be too small to start in the middle but I liked what I saw.
I rate bullemor very highly. Both he and hass have quick play the balls, so worked really well as a 1, 2 punch and generated a lot of momentum together. Early in the game, hass got a quick play the ball and caught the markers out of position and bullemor took the next hit up and was able to take advantage with his speed and ran back behind the ruck and made about 20-25 metres and got another quick play the ball for our halves to play off the back of.

His defence was solid except for losing grip on the Newcastle player for their last try.

I hope we dont lose him as I feel we have only just scratched the surface of what he can do.

I rate bullemor very highly. Both he and hass have quick play the balls, so worked really well as a 1, 2 punch and generated a lot of momentum together. Early in the game, hass got a quick play the ball and caught the markers out of position and bullemor took the next hit up and was able to take advantage with his speed and ran back behind the ruck and made about 20-25 metres and got another quick play the ball for our halves to play off the back of.

His defence was solid except for losing grip on the Newcastle player for their last try.

I hope we dont lose him as I feel we have only just scratched the surface of what he can do.
Bullemore was okay in his opening stint but he sure faded later. His stats were mediocre or average I suppose. You say he made 20-25 metres in one hitup after a quick Haas ptb?
Considering he only had 110m for the game it means he only gained 75-85 metres for all his other hitups and runs.

Not saying I didn't like his solid bits but it was really only a solid performance and nothing to get excited about in my opinion. He seemed pretty fatigued at times yet he only played 40 mins. I think KW saw that too.

even if that's the case, this just squares us from the try awarded in the first match when Isaako was bear hugged by the Knights player and stopped from preventing a try.

hell, i actually think their first try was from a forward pass. it appears as Ponga passes the ball on the 10m line and it was caught about 8m out
It’s healthy for the officials to admit when they make mistakes. We all mistakes. Even you got this one wrong.

show me where i said the Hethrington try was correct!
hth

hth

where in that post you quoted did i claim that the Hethrington try was correct

hth

Oh come on, when that comment was made it was in reference to that article that claimed it was a knock on. It wasn't and at that stage no-one was even aware that Hetherington was downtown.

Oh come on, when that comment was made it was in reference to that article that claimed it was a knock on. It wasn't and at that stage no-one was even aware that Hetherington was downtown.

In my defence i didn't bother to read the media trash ... we were discussing the Nui no try when he posted that, i thought that was the knock mon Obrien was talking about.

where in that post you quoted did i claim that the Hethrington try was correct
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. You both owe Graham Annesley an apology. Now let's not hear another peep out of you pair that the officials don't admit mistakes.

In my defence i didn't bother to read the media trash ... we were discussing the Nui no try when he posted that, i thought that was the knock mon Obrien was talking about.
Sounds like you have a watertight defence there.

I don't owe Graham Annesley a damn fucking thing.

If i was as incompetent at my job as he is at his, i would have been terminated years ago
I tell you who's even more incompetent at refereeing than the refs: everyone else.

You’re taking the piss, surely?
Actually, I wasn't LOL, did I go too far?
OK, maybe I did. But let's look at the focal point, the claim that an AFL coach will cause Coates not to drop a ball in all of 2022. I claimed that as a stupid comment and I stand by that. The evidence for that belief is that AFL players fly high for the mark and drop the ball on a regular basis. Coates will be no different. It is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
I'm going to guess that your comment was more pointed toward the stuff I said after that?

I dont know how annersley can say that is a no try. If we are being consistent with his previous review of the aitken try against the warriors, the ball actually came off euan aitken's (not coates') hands and went forward.

I dont know how annersley can say that is a no try. If we are being consistent with his previous review of the aitken try against the warriors, the ball actually came off euan aitken's (not coates') hands and went forward.

Annersley - that is all the reason for stupidity you need.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
  • lynx000
  • The Strapper
  • jd87
  • Justwin
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Fitzy
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • abashii
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.