POST GAME [Round 25, 2021] Broncos vs Knights

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Not that much of a surprise. We've all had a gutful of Milford, and he's leaving the club. Herbie is a fan favourite. He was the other standout. Despite not being great at centre, he can still be a great player. In my opinion he had a great wingers' game. He doesn't **** up much except when he tries to pass the ball. Wing's where he should be next year. He'll be better than Coates. That's my tip.
He set up 2 tries (one was wrongly disallowed). Not sure what else you want from him. He was very high quality.

Yeah he can pass more. That will only improve. Oates isn’t guilt free in that either. They aren’t in the same page at all. Partly due to Herbie’s stuttered runs but Oates has always been pretty average at knowing where to stand.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Great to get a win in the last game of the year. Albert Kelly's performance today was very Milfordesque with error after error. Alex Glenn had his best defensive game in years with some real bone rattlers and it just makes you wonder where that has been over the last 3 years. Milford had his best game in years but still made a few errors and always goes for the all or nothing play when sometimes the percentage play would be the much better option.

With another season under our young forwards and for the first time in a few years we have an experienced half coming who can steer the ship I'm feeling much better about next year.

On Coates he may come good for the Storm but him not being around next year makes us a 4-8 point better team as he still looks clueless in defence. Him running out on the first tackle sums up his time at the Broncos, big athletic and fast guy with a zero football brain.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
He set up 2 tries (one was wrongly disallowed). Not sure what else you want from him. He was very high quality.

Yeah he can pass more. That will only improve. Oates isn’t guilt free in that either. They aren’t in the same page at all. Partly due to Herbie’s stuttered runs but Oates has always been pretty average at knowing where to stand.
Herbie will resume his spot in the centres next year. You don't play someone in the same spot for two years just to demote him in the third. Especially when he has more than just a bit of potential in that position.

Oates on the other hand may have played his last game as a Bronco. I keep hearing whispers that the club are keen to offload him if there are any takers. Isaako is in the same boat.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Herbie will resume his spot in the centres next year. You don't play someone in the same spot for two years just to demote him in the third. Especially when he has more than just a bit of potential in that position.
I thought he played winger last year. I don't remember when he moved in. He was better on the wing, anyway. Hasn't been a productive year for him.

Staggs returns next season. Seems to be some mixed messages about him moving into the halves. Not really expecting that to happen straight away, if at all. He's an extraordinary centre. Leaps and bounds better than Farnworth in that position. You wouldn't even contemplate putting him out on a wing. Herbie, though, he looks like a winger. He plays like a winger. We have a spare wing. It's either him or Jamayne there.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I thought he played winger last year. I don't remember when he moved in. He was better on the wing, anyway. Hasn't been a productive year for him.

Staggs returns next season. Seems to be some mixed messages about him moving into the halves. Not really expecting that to happen straight away, if at all. He's an extraordinary centre. Leaps and bounds better than Farnworth in that position. You wouldn't even contemplate putting him out on a wing. Herbie, though, he looks like a winger. He plays like a winger. We have a spare wing.
Farnworth and Oates, Staggs and Cobbo, pace, power, strength, just need a fullback .....

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
Also not at all convinced on Nui, he seems like a fatter, less attacking version of Milf (@broncsgoat are you interested in starting a new bandwagon?). I'd love to see Cobbo there but Staggs and Cobbo in the centres means you're sorted for the better part of the decade.
Fatter? Are you blind? The kids is a fucking tank. Complete opposite to fat

T

TariqT

NYC Player
Nov 18, 2019
We should've signed that Souths guy to partner Reynolds. What's his name? Milford?

I'm not a fan of the mid season team swap, but he was awesome today, and the last couple of games since we let go of Tevita, and got him in the deal. Where'd he come from? I forgot. Kinda reminds of Milford circa 2015/16.

Anyway, it's a shame we let him slip. We could have picked him up cheap I reckon. Makes sense, especially as now we've got $1,000,000 in the kitty cause we let go of Milford.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Oates on the other hand may have played his last game as a Bronco. I keep hearing whispers that the club are keen to offload him if there are any takers. Isaako is in the same boat.
Not against moving Oates and Isaako on but boy we’d be short of wingers if that happens.

How would that even look?

1. Niu
2. Farnworth
3. Lee
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Glenn in his final game for the club played 80 minutes for a combined effort of 2 hit ups for 11 metres
David mead made more metres in the middle than him 😂
Glenn put the cue in the rack weeks ago. I think he only showed up today for one set, the chair off and a shot at goal for the socials.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Farnworth and Oates, Staggs and Cobbo, pace, power, strength, just need a fullback .....
I think Niu's wrapped that up, at least for now. He's getting praise in the press, and from the coach. Regularly crossing the line, albeit getting the odd one disallowed. Not sure he's our long term there, but pretty sure he'll start there next year. If he gets injured or suspended, I reckon Cobbo will be in there like a rat up a drainpipe.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

Agree on the Herbie I dont see him being moved.
We are incredibly stupid if we offload Oates. The team has gone better since Oates has been back and that's part because of his carries. An outside back that does what Oates does is so important to a footy side

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
That was the best on-field refereering I've seen in a long long time.

Milf and Glenn saved their best for last. Farnworth was huuuuuuuuge.
It's because the ref is reasonably fresh... dw, the NRL will drill the common sense and desire to let the game flow out of him...

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Milford had his best game in years but still made a few errors and always goes for the all or nothing play when sometimes the percentage play would be the much better option.

You'd think by this stage of his career that would start to subside......but, not yet. Its still one of a number of disappointing aspects of his game.

Another one is him trying to milk a penalty everytime he's tackled. Just play the fucken ball Anthony....

Active Now

• kat00
  • Alec
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jeza23
  • levikaden
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.