/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

'Geezzzzz I hate those Melbourne players!'

Here's hoping Melbourne and Souths aren't in the GF this year because it will become the biggest grindy bash up the middle wrestle-fest with tries only scored from lucky bounces or dodgy ref calls.

Melbourne's wrestle tactics just shit me to tears, every frackin time they get off the man on the ground they are still holding his arms and slowing the play the ball. Why is this not penalised?

They work over the arms, neck and head, why are we still seeing this happening? THERE HAS TO BE AN INVESTIGATION!!!!!!! :becky:

So everyone is disgusted with how the Storm are getting away with the wrestle? We all have something in common with Paul Gallen. Excuse me while I wash my hands until they bleed.

Not sure what Boyd was thinking when he got concussed..

Why did he do that?

The hardest run I've seen him do in a long time and he does that..

I hate it when players do that. You're just asking to be knocked out, or worse.

Last edited:
it was a sick move that i rated both cool and good.

What I love the most out of all of this is the people that are knocking milford were strangely silent when he and hunts combination had being looking so good over the last couple of months. Yet when he has an off game because he is completely targeted as he was the only threat in a game where he started without his organising halves partner and lost that guys replacement after 30; those same people have suddenly found their voice and he is just a 'ball-playing fullback' masquerading in the halves.

Amazing.

Milford was certainly well and truly targeted by the Storm. What disappointed me about his game was that he showed less enterprise than I expected - probably unrealistically on my part but that is how I felt.

I was sort of hoping he would have realized he would be the target of the Storm's excellent rush in defence and disgusting hold downs, and compensated, by moving his arse across field after passing the ball as 1st or 2nd receiver, to give himself some space and take the pass out wider and standing deeper, with more room for his running game. Instead, he stayed largely in the middle, danced around like Gillett, and kept looking for holes which just weren't there and which became bloody obvious after 10 minutes that there wouldn't be any.

Our flat attacking structure didn't help of course. Nevertheless, I accept that I am probably being unrealistic about Milf at this early stage of his career as our permanent 5/8.

What I love the most out of all of this is the people that are knocking milford were strangely silent when he and hunts combination had being looking so good over the last couple of months. Yet when he has an off game because he is completely targeted as he was the only threat in a game where he started without his organising halves partner and lost that guys replacement after 30; those same people have suddenly found their voice and he is just a 'ball-playing fullback' masquerading in the halves.

Amazing.

Yeah you're forgetting mate that those silent types now have a new disclaimer.

Milford can only play well at 5/8 against weaker defensive sides.

.....hey, at least it's some kind admission I s'pose.

Yeah you're forgetting mate that those silent types now have a new disclaimer.

.....hey, at least it's some kind admission I s'pose.

True, I forgot about their disclaimer.

We are sitting on 2nd.

Sitting on 2nd with a halfback that can't organize, can't kick and a fullback playing 5/8.

They haven't even hit their best yet and statistically they have been the best halves pairing in the NRL.

Scary to think what they will be like when they finally do hit their best.

Isn't it good?

Last edited:
Tough game to loose last night though understandable with the players out/getting injured and the storm having more to play for. Was good to see stagg running around again in the broncs jersey. Not much to take from the game, the storm just out muscled/wrestled us. Looking forward to a massive game next week, should be a belter!

I'm with the "you're being too hard on Milford" group. The first half of the year he was basically just learning how he fits within the team. The remainder up until now he's been learning how to best use those combinations. And with no notice, half an hour in to a game, he's supposed to magically be able to organise a team's attack against the best defensive side of the past 10 years?

I'm not sure if anyone remembers a decent #6 we used to have - who on the few occasions we were missing a proper halfback took on the #7 jersey himself - and pretty much sucked at it too.

That certain number 6 isn't the same one who pretty much played 7 until he retired?

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
  • Morkel
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • jd87
  • Justwin
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Fitzy
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • abashii
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.