vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRONCOS coach Wayne Bennett has launched a savage attack on the Titans’ administration as a war of words broke out over James Roberts ahead of tomorrow night’s derby clash on the Gold Coast.The Broncos enjoyed a triple treat on Thursday with injured trio Jordan Kahu (shoulder), Jack Reed (eye) and Corey Oates (shoulder) all cleared to start against the Titans at Cbus Super Stadium.
But the joy at their return was overshadowed by Bennett’s backhander at the Titans over the treatment of Roberts, who sensationally quit the club over summer following the contract-forgery farce.
2fad12178bf88fbb2396cbde23517be8
James Roberts at Broncos training on Thursday ahead of the clash with his former club.Titans coach Neil Henry fired a barb at Roberts on Wednesday, questioning if he was really in peak form, but Bennett returned serve today to set up a spicy Queensland grudge match.
Bennett suggested Henry was riddled with jealousy for Brisbane snaring Roberts and he then unloaded on Gold Coast hierarchy for the forged signature that led to the resignation of football manager Scott Clark.
“At the end of the day, it was the Titans’ administration, it wasn’t James’ fault what happened,” Bennett fired.
“It hurts a bit, you bring a guy through and you do a lot of things with them and you know how hard you work with them to get them where they are. You have difficult moments with them so I can probably understand Neil’s position a little bit.
“(But) no-one should look at James.
“If you had the situation he had, we would all walk away from our contract.

“He didn’t walk away but you take the opportunity because it was pretty deceitful what happened and he was affected by that.
“I can understand Neil’s position with that, envy and jealousy comes into it because you are envious James isn’t there anymore and you are jealous of what he can bring and you want it in your team.”
OUT: Titans linchpin to miss derby
STAYING PUT: Thurston begins extension talks
Roberts trained strongly this morning and is primed to unleash his best against his former club after his breakthrough performance for the Broncos against the Cowboys last week.
“I’m pleased to see James was excited at training,” Bennett said. “We play a team game here, we don’t play an individual game. If James does his job, we’ll be happy with him.”
Oates and Reed looked fully fit on Brisbane’s left flank, while Kahu wore a Brent Tate-style neck brace to prove his fitness on the right wing for the Titans clash.
Bennett later revealed Kahu was so happy with his session he would not required the neck brace tomorrow night.
“He won’t be wearing it in the game. He finished the training session without it so he won’t be needing it in the game,” Bennett said.
8a48e655b2bc64c6f11bb60aa5d68088
Bennett has slammed the Titans handling of the James Roberts saga.
“We don’t play players here injured it’s as simple as that. Everybody that goes out there is fit to play and has been tested, done everything they are supposed to do. Injured players don’t play with confidence and have the belief they should have. If you are in playoffs and grand finals, sometimes you take a different approach but not with 24 weeks to go in the season. All the guys are fit and are ready to go.”
Bennett is wary of a Titans side that has surged into the top four after three wins in the opening month headlined by last week’s gutsy 24-20 defeat of the Raiders in Canberra.
8599ad56c442a2b7a99b24e7912b957e
James Roberts in action for the Gold Coast Titans in 2015.
“You don’t win three games out of four and not do some things well,” he said. “They have the highest ball control in the competition, they are ranked No. 1 so they are controlling the ball pretty well and giving themselves a chance to win games.
“They are playing with a fair bit of spirit. We expect a pretty similar game to the Cowboys last week.”
Download SuperFan NRL - the ultimate rugby league app for iOS

Beat up.

I'm happy to hear that Cameron Cullen will be making his debut tomorrow night.

He was one of the more promising juniors the club had coming through a lean trot and I actually wanted to see him play when we were short on troops in the back end of 2013.

Here is what he wrote to Mick Fanning late last year...

“An open letter to Mick fanning from one Aussie to another! Hi Mick, I am Cameron Cullen a 23 year old footballer playing for the Burleigh bears intrust super cup team chasing my dream of playing nrl !

In 7 days I will become a father of a little daughter to my amazing girlfriend ! This may never get to you but the reason I am writing to you is because what I witnessed today has absolutely stunned me and I cannot stop thinking about it ! About 5 months ago my brother passed away on a surfing trip in the Maldives he was my best mate and it absolutely ripped me apart !
3 days after his funeral I played a game of rugby league against tweed heads! On the field I could not stop thinking about him about the last day we spent together the last phone call we shared the picture of his body in the coffin at the viewing I cried on the field in the sheds at halftime at half time, full time I was a mess !
And I consider myself to be pretty mentally tough I have done 3 nrl pre seasons 2 with broncos 1 with cowboys and been put through some brutal stuff but it had nothing on this ! We lost and I can’t even really remember what I did in that game! I can remember having all my family and friends on the hill supporting me but I just felt numb I was and still am struggling to cope with the fact he is really gone ! I find it hard at the moment to be motivated and inspired I find it a hard enough task to be the happy out going person I once was ! But seeing what you did today lifted me !

Not only have you been through this pain before losing a brother but to have to go through it again and find out the morning of one of your most important competitions of your career chasing a 4th title win is just unfair ! Many men tough as nails including my self would fall in a heap !
You went out and surfed one of the best heats at the pipe masters and won ! Keeping your title hopes alive ! You are an absolute inspiration not only to me but many people in Australia and across the world ! Thank you so much for the strength and courage that you showed today it gave me hope that I can push through this !
I’m writing this today because regardless of where you finish your world champion in my eyes !”

An Open Letter To Mick Fanning… - Beach GritBeach Grit

Onya Cam.

Did Gordie actually come up with that list? Or did he just give a quote?

Holy shit.

I'm speechless at that piece of shit article, what the actual **** ?

To be fair to Gordy I can't confirm that the actual list is of his work given I found those newspaper images on twitter, having said that looking at articles he has been involved in and quoted from I wouldn't exactly be surprised if he did, given he is working for the Titans and there is even an article in the gc bulletin stating the club is doing everything it can(including sledging) to get fans to the game. I don't blame him doing his job, but I understand why people have lost respect for him.

Last edited:
If that was actually Tallis, it is remarkable how much like the Broncos hating twats on LU he sounds. He even complains about the exact same shit. He really does have it out for us now.

It looks like it was written by Connor O'Brien

This is what Tallis said.

“I’m from Townsville and it took the Cowboys fans a long, long, long, long time before they started booing Brisbane because for one small amount of time there was only one team (in Queensland),” Tallis told the Bulletin.

“I think it’s time not to be nice, don’t you?” Tallis said.

“Neil is a great coach, the players are ripping in for each other and the greatest thing about rugby league is the game is not played on paper, it’s played on the field,” he said.

“If they have a dig and play the way they have been they will give themselves a chance.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s/news-story/0a8af486f1314319ce1bf117400aaa5f

Nothing like a bit of extra motivation to put the boot in where it counts: on the scoreboard

There will be just as many if not more Broncos fans at that ground tomorrow as there are Titans fans. We certainly won't be booed out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • maddo
  • Porthoz
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.