Raiders

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Goates is a 10 year veteran. He'll be automatic selection when fit.

Only because they didn`t have some one better to replace him .
Well , that`s not the case ATM .

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
I saw Oates in the sheds after the game .
Nothing personal against Oates . I just think Arthurs form atm doesn`t deserve to be dropped .

Re Oates The knock ons and dropped bombs don`t balance out his metres gained for me .
I think Arthurs would score more tries given the same opportunities .
To be fair, he’s been pretty good with his mistakes the last season or so.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
As Oates gets older he could be handy as a utility on the bench.

I'm really liking what Arthars is bringing to this team and would love to retain him

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Dropped a cpl earlier this season though ...

Arthars bombed a try against the Dolphins that would have seen us run away with it.

Regardless of your thoughts on this anyway, sanity will prevail and Oates will be back as he rightly should be when he is fit again.

I'll go full @upthebroncs and use highlight videos too:

Arthars is going well but he isn't getting half the tries in this video Oatesy does, especially this one:

Ten years of doing this year in, year out with the exception of the Seibold years warrants a bit of loyalty.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Arthars bombed a try against the Dolphins that would have seen us run away with it.

Regardless of your thoughts on this anyway, sanity will prevail and Oates will be back as he rightly should be when he is fit again.

I'll go full @upthebroncs and use highlight videos too:

Arthars is going well but he isn't getting half the tries in this video Oatesy does, especially this one:

Ten years of doing this year in, year out with the exception of the Seibold years warrants a bit of loyalty.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
What did Oates do in that move you highlighted that another winger couldn`t / wouldn`t do ?
Run through a hole in the defence ?

Put on a set move . He ran on to a pass in a hole . Scored . Fundamental as far as I can see .

It was a big fck up by the Bulldogs to not see him coming . Their full back should have spotted Oates wrapping around and adjusted the numbers .
Okenborn was standing out on his wing watching Oates go to the middle of the field . He should have been communicating that to his team mates . As in watch out boys Oates is up to sumpin .

I was stoked to see him score like that . Though when I saw it from a high view on here recently I thought well some one fcked up because it was 4 on 4 till Oates arrived .

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What did Oates do in that move you highlighted that another winger couldn`t / wouldn`t do ?
Run through a hole in the defence ?

And that right there is why this conversation ends, anyone who watches league can see how almost no other winger in the comp could do that. He came running from the clouds at the perfect timing to burst through the gap. No one saw him coming, it was perfection.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
And that right there is why this conversation ends, anyone who watches league can see how almost no other winger in the comp could do that. He came running from the clouds at the perfect timing to burst through the gap. No one saw him coming, it was perfection.

No one communicated in the defence .
He didn`t appear out of thin air . The Bulldogs counted the numbers and were man on man . Some one didn`t take note of the extra man out the back . If it was that easy don`t you think every team would practice it and execute it ?

Like I said ; some one done fcked up .

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Why are we even arguing whether Oates comes straight back into the side (*cough* of course he does *cough*) in this thread.

He won't be back in time to play the Raiders. he is still 4-6 weeks away and that is a long time in footy.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
To think we still have Oatesy and Kobe to come back in. Good signs.
I can’t see the eggplant emoji?!
7D24C52F 212D 40BE 8A59 986D550378F6

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
I know this isn’t the Oates or Arthars thread… but you both all make great points. I see it like this…
How fkn good is it to have so much QUALITY competition for spots in our team?! ❤️ 🐎

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Hetherington has been busy in ISC. That's the best way to describe his two games. You watch him and think he's done a lot but then read the stats and think it was a lot.

V Jets
68 minutes
19 runs
181m (most for game)
25 tackles (second most)

V Norths
80 minutes
1 try- chasing a kick
164m (Most for game)
31 tackles

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I think Corey Oates is gonna have a battle to get back to 1sts to tell the truth .
Arthurs is a gun . I wouldn`t just hand him back his jersey . Q Cup and score a bunch of tries I might consider him .
No.

As much as Arthurs has been completely solid(I don't even think he has even dropped a ball this season), Gary is like having another elite prop on the team for meters.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Hetherington has been busy in ISC. That's the best way to describe his two games. You watch him and think he's done a lot but then read the stats and think it was a lot.

V Jets
68 minutes
19 runs
181m (most for game)
25 tackles (second most)

V Norths
80 minutes
1 try- chasing a kick
164m (Most for game)
31 tackles
This settles that he’s in 17 against Raiders. Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.