M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

Wow.

We are the real deal

Re: Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

The performance was far from 100%, but to win a game like that against a quality side under high pressure - that is what Wayne Bennett was brought in to do.

10592680_10153248580287269_7245268026600235490_n.jpg

Great win.

I'm really happy that Hunt won it for us, but let's be realists, he played horribly tonight excluding the 2 tries and 2 decent kicks. He REALLY needs to improve his short kicking game (Or needs to get more help from Milford) if we genuinely want to contend.

3. Thaiday
2. McGuire
1. Hunt (Purely for the tries)

Gold. Very impressed by Sam. We needed someone to stand up to him and he delivered in spades. Great display of controlled aggression.

A lot to improve, but what a game from the boys...imagine what we will do with Boyd, Kahu, Hodges and Blair in the side!!

Pretty much all of Thaiday's good games since after 2011 at club level have been in the middle.

Fantastic effort to keep the roosters out... they are a very good attacking side.

With this attitude we now have, once we get some more fluidity in our combinations, we'll be a real force in the comp.

Good signs ahead.

3. Thaiday
2. Hunt
1. Parker

Easiest MOTM of the year for me. Thaiday was an absolute gun.

What a game. We're at the top of the pops, boys.

Great win.

I'm really happy that Hunt won it for us, but let's be realists, he played horribly tonight excluding the 2 tries and 2 decent kicks. He REALLY needs to improve his short kicking game (Or needs to get more help from Milford) if we genuinely want to contend.

3. Thaiday
2. McGuire

Definitely. Have we gone a game without kicking out on the full?

Great win.

3. Thaiday
2. McGuire

I don't disagree with the basis of that assessment. He was a bit rocks and diamonds tonight. But he got us back on the front foot after a shaky start and delivered at the end when we needed it most.

To that end...

3. Slamming Sam
2. Hunt
1. Moose

On McGuire, he completely outplayed Napa, who I still think is an absolute lump. Mal is crazy if he picks that ginger lummox over Moose the Machine.

The performance was far from 100%, but to win a game like that against a quality side under high pressure - that is what Wayne Bennett was brought in to do.

Definitely not perfect, but the intensity was there that I don't think I've seen for a long long time, especially from the forwards who early on were on a mission to dominate what many would consider a superior forward pack. Biggest plus is we did it without Hodges, Kahu and Boyd.

Never been happier to be wrong. Ben Hunt is a superstar. Hunt > DCE

Thaiday, Parker and Hunt were the highlights, though Hunt also had some dud moments. Actually pretty much all the startng forwards went well.

Disappointed with Maranta, his kick returns are so soft and relaxed.

I'm so happy that I can't even find an animated gif to portray how happy I am.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • BroncsNBundy
  • The Don
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lurker
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • arieals
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.