Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Seriously all the hate on Milford and maranta, your kidding? You cannot deny the fact that maranta gives his all every game, he had no errors caught every ball, never got out muscles on lick returns like he usually does, and you's still aren't happy. In my opinion this is the best win the broncos have done since 2006 grand final. There going to be special at the end of the year. And all you so called fans will be on the band wagon like the rabbitiohs supporters. And Milford is still yet to find his form, but his running display creates space on the outside. And he had a line break and burnt everyone! And the before that he had another to just make a silly mistake and pass it forward, but that's forgive able for 20 year old rookie... ROOKIE! He's no Lockyer he's a rookie!

It's not about Milford. It's about how he is told to play and the structures he has to play with. As for Maranta, no hate from me. We won against a very good side, and you don't do that with a weakness at FB. He was solid and did what was needed. Thing is, we will be doing a lot better from the back quite soon. I find that exciting, as exciting as the possibility that the team structures will adjust to accommodate Milford's strengths, instead of ignoring them.

Starting forwards tonight -

McGuire - 148m & 36 tackles
McCullough - 76m & 48 tackles
Thaiday - 108m & 36 tackles
Glenn - 142m & 27 tackles
Gillett - 110m & 32 tackles
Parker - 143m & 41 tackles

That's what you call a well-rounded performance against one of the biggest and hardest running packs in the competition.

How many minutes did McCullough play? Seemed like he was off for most of the second half. If he racked up almost fifty tackles in something like fifty minutes of game time that's amazing.

And I was on an iron ore train in the Pilbara ! Thought we would win but didn't expect it to be so dramatic. Arrived back in camp with 1 minute to go in regulation and sat on the edge of my seat for the extra time. What a great win and fabulous way to win it via Henny Bunt ! Would love to have seen the match and haven't even recorded it for when I return to Qld .....had to laugh after reading the live game chat from page 1... Such emotion, loved the crazy statements too....glad WB is back and the pride has returned..even better that my number two team saluted too..now for the Cows and Titans to do well for the perfect weekend of league

Re: Round 6 -Broncos vs Roosters

Wonder when we will see Milford's running game. Great win, brilliant in fact, but really, why did we buy Milford? This 5/8 experiment isn't working for mine. Nevertheless, that was one of the best performances by the Broncos forwards I have seen in a long time, and the best game from Thaiday in ages. Impressive how we stayed composed and determined. This was a memorable win and shows we are real chances this year ... even more so when Milford starts playing his natural game

Yup, Im wondering why we have him. We are winning on the back of our forwards and hunt, especially this game. Could have anyone at 6 for the same result. Just hate seeing all the pressure on hunt, coz it shows at time. The kick out on the full a good example. Milford isn't helping him out enough. Did he even make 1 kick tonight? It's great we are winning but we are doing it without Milford at the moment. Move him to the back and I doubt he would be so unsighted.

Milf looks extremely dangerous when he gets a bit of space and runs it, but it's not happening much, and he's not creating for his backs, which is a 6's job. Still showing nothing to suggest he will be a half anytime soon sadly.

Starting forwards tonight -

McGuire - 148m & 36 tackles
McCullough - 76m & 48 tackles
Thaiday - 108m & 36 tackles
Glenn - 142m & 27 tackles
Gillett - 110m & 32 tackles
Parker - 143m & 41 tackles

That's what you call a well-rounded performance against one of the biggest and hardest running packs in the competition.

This right here.

If you ask me, Thaiday getting in Maria's face all night was massive to the overall result.

Feels like forever since we were dominant up front for the full 80. We still have a lot to work on but that there is the cornerstone of a quality side.

May not have been the most aesthetically pleasing performance, but that was the most consistent effort we've seen in quite some time.

**** yes. What a whirlwind day.. Started feeling fluey mid morning, put my dad in hospital and had to pull out of going tonight then wow what a win...

Tops the Eels 2008 clutch effort. Ben Hunt.. Sammy where you been brother??

How many minutes did McCullough play? Seemed like he was off for most of the second half. If he racked up almost fifty tackles in something like fifty minutes of game time that's amazing.
That's standard for McCullough now, he's averaged pretty much a tackle a minute every game this season.

Perhaps we will see Boydy at 5/8 and Milf go to fb....who knows but I don't care if milf plays frontrow as long as we keep winning

1. Maranta - He is unfairly getting bagged out in my opinion as he had some massive moments and that was highlighted by his epic field goal REJECTION. Yes he made mistakes but that was an amazing effort from all the boys. 7
2. Oates - He got run around by MacDonald once but did a mountain of work out of our end all night and otherwise solid in defense. 7
3. Reed - The defensive rock was back and shut down the right side Roosters attack beautifully. That covering tackle on MacDonald seemed to reawaken his defense. 8
4. Copley - Very impressed with him tonight, gave Jennings no room and made some big runs at crucial times. Big game. 8
5. Vidot - Safe all night and did so many hard yards, very good game from Dan. 7
6. Milford - Not his best game but a constant threat in that second half spectacular. Best part is he'll get better. 5.5
7. Hunt - A very up and down game from him but stood up in the big moments. That final try!! 6.5
8. McGuire - Just a machine as always. 8.5
9. McCullough - He is improving every game finally and was a rock of necessary defense tonight. 8
10. Thaiday - What a game! He just kept giving it and giving it. Best game from him outside origin in a long time. A big game performer which we will need deep in September. 10
11. Glenn - A very impressive season so far and he deserves a new contract. 8
12. Gillett - He seems to finally be finding the consistency we need, big game from him and some huge plays. 8
13. Parker - Somehow went to another level late in the game and he is just super reliable. Huge game! 9

Nikorima - I really liked his impact tonight and probably had a try taken from him unfairly. 7
Dodds - Still offers little in attack but he did some massive hits in defense. 6.5
Garbutt - Came on late and kept the momentum going, some good tackles and hit ups. 6.5
Wallace - Continued his good form so far this season. 7

Agree about Milford. We've broken him. But the alternative is not having a genuine 5/8..
It's way too early to call that, he hasn't even had 10 games in the 6, maybe towards the end of the season we'll see if he's up to the 5/8 role, so far he's not setting the world on fire (that's unrealistic so far) but he's hardly Hoffman murdering the attack in the 6 jersey.

Where do I sacrifice these 10 virgins to the altar of Bennett... I am believer. Testify brother

Carbon copy game of last year, and the intangible Bennett factor is right there tonight in the victory. Somewhere in the 1% that got us home.

Perhaps we will see Boydy at 5/8 and Milf go to fb....who knows but I don't care if milf plays frontrow as long as we keep winning

Well we can agree on that. Winning is the desired outcome and we are doing it and doing it well. Just sucks that we may see milfords career take a nosedive at the same time. But as far as the Broncos go, it's working so can't see it changing. Honestly think Boyd would bring more to 6 tho. Has a decent passing game

Last edited:
It's way too early to call that, he hasn't even had 10 games in the 6, maybe towards the end of the season we'll see if he's up to the 5/8 role, so far he's not setting the world on fire (that's unrealistic so far) but he's hardly Hoffman murdering the attack in the 6 jersey.

It is NOT Milford. It is the way we use, or rather, don't use him

It is NOT Milford. It is the way we use, or rather, don't use him

Yup. Can't say this enough. Milford is still a great player, we just aren't taking advantage of his brilliant skills right now.

Well we can agree on that. Winning is the desired outcome and we are doing it and doing it well. Just sucks that we may see milfords career take a nosedive at the same time. But as farad the Broncos go, it's working so can't see it changing. Honestly think Boyd would bring more to 6 tho. Has a decent passing game
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see Boyd at 6, Milford at 1 and Kahu to Centre instead of Reed, but I'm willing to give it to closer to round 18 to see how Milford adapts.

Bennett has made late season positional shifts before, so I wouldn't put it past him if Milford isn't improving in the 6.

Right now though, we've won 5 in a row with him there, and let's face it, both the Storm and the Bulldogs have got to the grand final with so-so 5/8s, Keating's, Reynokds, Inglis, etc. He REALLY needs to get his kicking game in order if he wants to be a 5/8 though, right now he offers close to nothing at all in that aspect and come the big games, we need more than one kicker, especially when Hunt isn't exactly Cronk with the boot.

Cannot wait to see a full strength backline with Hodges, Boyd and Kahu playing off the back of that effort from the forwards.

Make no mistake, Sam Thaiday set the platform for that win. His stats don't do his performance justice.

I'm certainly not discounting anyone else's performance, it was definitely a team effort, but that opening stint from big Sammy was some of the most inspired footy I've ever seen and no doubt it would have rubbed off on his team-mates.

Couldn't be prouder of the bloke, and the team.

Active Now

• Santa
  • lynx000
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Thelmus
  • NSW stables
  • The True King
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Cavalo
  • Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • winslow_wong
  • Lostboy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.