Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

For positives, i thought Luke was decent and had a good crack after being at the club for 1 week.

Coates and Farnworth got some more experience as well, valuable moving forward
Luke hasn’t had enough time to acclimatise yet and understand that you don’t actually need to try or even care to get paid. Indeed, it’s frowned upon.

But give him time, he’ll get there 😉

Hunt and Norman would do absolutely nothing with and in this side. They would get the ball with a choice of running at a brick wall or passing it to a lumbering forward. That's the sum total of our attacking structure.

Exactly, so on the basis of Hunt being a better defender than Croft we wouldn't lose anything by swapping our halves with St Merge. We'd still score nothing but might concede 1 less.

Exactly, so on the basis of Hunt being a better defender than Croft we wouldn't lose anything by swapping our halves with St Merge. We'd still score nothing but might concede 1 less.

Don't get me wrong, I would like Hunt back in this side. At least he has combinations with Milford that are proven. Trouble is, yet again, they would be given nothing to work with

Last edited:
I get that, but honestly how many more times are we going to give these players who just aren’t up to it a run? They are pathetic and replacing these players imo will not see this team go backwards. I cannot see a downside to replacing Milford or Boyd. They’re, along with many other things part of our problem, but we cannot keep persisting with players that over years now have shown they just don’t work in this side.
This is what people weren't paying attention to last year. Broncos fans were so quick to blame Boyd that they weren't noticing the rest of the shit that was happening on the field. Players were standing back, allowing the opposition to do whatever they want with the ball, breaking 12 tackles and then beating Boyd at fullback and the entire forum was like "**** Boyd" instead of question how the **** the attacking player was allowed to do just do whatever he wanted. The right players need to be dropped, yes. But the new players won't do anything if they're not coached well and don't have a reason to care anymore.

Well I was going to unload in the post-match ratings but the team can't be bothered so why should I?

1. Isaako - Still half a player, not good enough to be fullback - 5
2. Coates - He had an absolute ripper, he is a blindingly shining light - 8
3. Farnworth - I liked what I saw from him at centre and want to see him at FB - 7
4. Boyd - I could do better - -5
5. Oates - When did he and Kaine Manihera swap ability? - -4
6. Milford - Just quit - -5
7. Croft - I've been quietly ok with him and NO that doesn't mean he can't do a lot better but at least he keeps putting his hand up - 5
8. Lodge - Is he...out of his depth? - 3
9. Luke - Looked good when he was out there - 5
10. Haas - His stats look good but he was average, the team is starting to drag him down - 6
11. Glenn - I thought he tried really hard but needs to be more vocal - 6
12. TPJ - Will get suspended again, tried WAY too hard but I don't mind that, totally underdone and needed a break - 4
13. Carrigan - Tried to do the work of 18 players and lost his cool - 4

14. Paix - I don't know, there is something about him I really like, he's a keeper - 5
15. Joffa - Waste of space and of course first touch equals drop and couldn't stop Saifiti from scoring the stupidest try I've ever seen - -2
16. Flegler - Dumbest game I've seen from any player for a long time, total liability - -8
17. Teo - He played - 3

Coach - No ideas, no solutions, should have no job - -10

This is what people weren't paying attention to last year. Broncos fans were so quick to blame Boyd that they weren't noticing the rest of the shit that was happening on the field. Players were standing back, allowing the opposition to do whatever they want with the ball, breaking 12 tackles and then beating Boyd at fullback and the entire forum was like "**** Boyd" instead of question how the **** the attacking player was allowed to do just do whatever he wanted. The right players need to be dropped, yes. But the new players won't do anything if they're not coached well and don't have a reason to care anymore.
And before the usual bullshit happens, this was never me defending Boyd. He should 100% be dropped, but the question needed to be asked about the other crap that occurred on the field

In the presser he said he was worried about bringing other players into the team as they haven't had an opportunity to play footy in the Queensland cup. Why is he worried about bringing in players who hasn't had the opportunity to play footy? There was at least four guys out there tonight who did have the opportunity to play footy and to be honest they were rank fekkin ordinary.

Bringing in any player who is keen to have a go has got to be better than us having to suffer this putrid shit week in week out.

How shit does Boyd have to be before he gets dropped? Seriously the guy is back to phoning it in. He looks like he's played closer to 30 games not 300. I said earlier today Kennedy at least tries and is mistake free, but still The clown persists in playing Floggler.

The lack of vision, set plays, discipline, attitude in defence, willingness to fight for one another, ball security, creativity etc etc all unfortunately spells poor coaching. Siebs needs to start by dropping Boyd for the rest of the season or he is definitely gonski come season end.

That's spot on. No wonder players are negative. They have nothing to inspire them. Look at Haas. He is turning into a shadow of his former self. That says a lot about the failure of decent coaching - as you say above.

100%, ive already messaged him saying to do the smart thing and take the money at a team that doesn't suck.

Why take less to play for a team that sucks? Fifita is the most talented forward ive seen. Should go to knights, roosters, manly or eels and win a couple comps.
It's scary how much sense that makes.
[automerge]1592485506[/automerge]
How long do guys reckon Siebold has left?
However long it is it's too long.

Last edited:
if it’s not taken care of quickly you’ll end up in mediocrity, losing players, not having players wanting to join, the list goes on it’s a fucked cycle that teams take years to pull out of.

Yep, that is where the likes of Wests, Warriors and Merge are at right now. That's the sort of crowd we're kicking around with now and it's a shocking disgrace.

And before the usual bullshit happens, this was never me defending Boyd. He should 100% be dropped, but the question needed to be asked about the other crap that occurred on the field

The difference between what was happening last year and what's happening this year is that last year the whole 'sitting back and letting the opposition run 10 metres every hit-up' seemed like a tactical decision to minimise fatigue and minimise flaws in the defensive line (Which usually happen when a couple of players rush up and a couple of others don't). If everyone is sitting back the 10 shoulder-to-shoulder, you're rarely going to give away inside the 10 penalties and it's also very difficult to concede line-breaks, if executed properly.

This season it doesn't seem like a strategy, it seems like our players are out on their feet after the first 15 minutes, then they hang their heads when they do something poor and it just snowballs into fatigued penalties and 6-to-go's, poor defensive lines, oppositions marching up field. It's literally just a recipe for disaster at the moment, the coaching on both sides of the field is AT LEAST 25% of the problem at the moment, with a majority of the other 75% being players not putting in consistent efforts defensively and players having some of the lowest situational awareness of any footy players I've seen in recent years.

Yep, that is where the likes of Wests, Warriors and Merge are at right now. That's the sort of crowd we're kicking around with now and it's a shocking disgrace.
Fucking scary stuff! white needs to sort it, Yet I have no faith in that happening because the prick doesn’t do anything outside of sucking off investors. Funny thing we won’t have many soon, might give his jaw a break.

While we're in the habit of posting stats, I assume I don't need to tell you which member of our backline had 9 runs for 57 metres at a whopping 6.3 metres per carry.

Don't get me wrong, I would like Hunt back in this side. At least he has combinations with Milford that are proven. Trouble is, yet again, they would be given nothing to work with
not proven, they sucked after the first year to the point Hunt ended up getting dropped remember. Kodi and Milf got a run for a few weeks. Hunt was on his way out so everyone was pissed with him. Kodi then got a go to then be replaced by Bird who was then replaced by Kodi. Kodi was replaced by Dearden who got injured. Then Milf got moved to fullback. The same talk has been going on for years but I blamed every one but Milf. No more. He needs to pull his finger out. He has been our best over a few years but in a squad of nobodies that is easy. It is clear right now he is a big part of our problems.

I also think it's time we start marking Lodge a bit more harshly, there's absolutely no way he's first grade standard at the moment. Obviously still hampered by the ACL injury, if this is what we can expect from him moving forward, I hope the decision is made to get the ACL repaired properly before his career goes down the drain.

His runs make Aaron Woods' runs look damaging.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Broncorob
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.