POST GAME [Round 7, 2024] Broncos vs Raiders

Bit outta left-field, but I'm gonna give a shout out to Chevy Stewart.

Kid is only 18 and he kept coming back for more. Easy to baulk and hide when you cop the barrage he did last night, but he always showed up. We were relentless with the kick chase.

Impressive for such a young player.

Bit outta left-field, but I'm gonna give a shout out to Chevy Stewart.

Kid is only 18 and he kept coming back for more. Easy to baulk and hide when you cop the barrage he did last night, but he always showed up. We were relentless with the kick chase.

Impressive for such a young player.
100% kid is tough as nails and brave.
That game is a confidence killer for anyone, but he handled it well.
I think he was error free in the second half.

Yeah got a welcome to first grade first half from the opposition. Did well to recover in the second. Reminds me of one of the players comments in the Simply the best 1993 NSWRL video. "Steve roach picked me up like a ragdoll and threw me on the ground and said welcome to first grade son"

I said three weeks ago when Madden ran six times against Norths and let his outside backs run riot that I was hoping that was his blue print for how he plays and yesterday he did it again.

He ran nine times but look at his backs.

Line breaks
Walsh 3
Oates 1
Staggs 1
Cobbo 1

Every back made over 100m just like Wynnum did that day- Staggs was just short on 96m and three tries.

He kicked beautifully just like against Norths-375m v 329m.

Last year there was games he ran 23 times; it is too much and doesn't leave enough room on the canvas for anyone else.

I like a half back to run early in a game .
It puts the opposition on notice that he is a threat himself . Then the defence has to stay marked up on the #7 for a moment longer before sliding out .
Jock dug into the line like old school Reyno a cpl of times last night after his early runs, which gives the backs more time and space .
His best game yet by far .

Extremely tough conditions for his second game, credit to him, he bounced back pretty well.

In conditions like last night, its your forwards who are going to win it for you.

Most so-called experts claim that Canberra have one of the best and deepest forward rotations in the entire comp.

There aren't far wrong about that actually.

But what does that tell you about THAT performance by our forwards last night?

Yes, losing Fogarty was simply an injury too many for the Raiders, who do miss the direction he gives them.

The usual guys stepped up, but a big shout out to guys like Kobe, Jensen, and Baker.

A underated aspect of Haas and Piakuras injuries has been the increased roles and repsonsibilites put on these guys shoulders in particular.

Apart from one (do I need to name him..) they are rounding out nicely. I reckon these minutes now will be of great benefit during that dreaded SOO period...

They shut down the Raiders offloads last night .
Normally big Papa and Tapine are offloading at will . Didn`t happen last night .
Credit to the defence .

Is there are a way to make use of Baker's very raw but impressive playmaking abilities?

Yeah he looks like a first grader. Reminded me of Ronaldo Mulitalo’s debut where he and Will Kennedy early in his career had a tough night at Suncorp. It’d be an intimidating place to play in any conditions let alone in torrential rain. But he kept coming back for more.

439043499 418471380898430 655173813508887332 n

We've just gotta appreciate every game we have with Wllison from now on. I don't see us keeping him with how good he is.

Controversial opinion coming up. Lets see how Willison and Te Kura progress this year and into next, and if they are looking the goods over a longer period of time, let Payno walk at the end of 2026 and invest in those 2 instead. As good as Payne can be, i feel that gives our pack better balance with our cap.

Controversial opinion coming up. Lets see how Willison and Te Kura progress this year and into next, and if they are looking the goods over a longer period of time, let Payno walk at the end of 2026 and invest in those 2 instead. As good as Payne can be, i feel that gives our pack better balance with our cap.

A lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then but it is certainly not the worst option you'll ever hear.

Its a shame something will have to give. The potential is there to be THE pack of their era. Unless we have some serious future planning mapped out...

A lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then but it is certainly not the worst option you'll ever hear.

At some point i think we need to spread our cap out a bit more on players who arent spine players. As @Renegade just said, something will have to give like it is at Penrith.

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  • NSW stables
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • rnabokov
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • mystico
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.