PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Sharks

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I totally agree, it’s definitely not easy watch Glenn, every time he finish tackle, always the last one stand up And super slowly, I’d say if we are not really down on the ladder and the ref feel sorry for us, it’d be several penalties against just because him.

I remember last season we put Glenn on the bench and it kinda worked, didn’t it?

Problem is Sua's defence hasnt been any better this year. I think the coach underestimated how ready he was after his ankle break. I think after a few games in ISC to get his mojo back we will see the player from last year.

I totally agree, it’s definitely not easy watch Glenn, every time he finish tackle, always the last one stand up And super slowly, I’d say if we are not really down on the ladder and the ref feel sorry for us, it’d be several penalties against just because him.

I remember last season we put Glenn on the bench and it kinda worked, didn’t it?

In the latest game of nominate your scapegoat, the wheel of fortune has landed on Alex Glenn, come on down Alex.

hold the phone ...

you mean Alex Glenn is slowing down the opposition's play the ball WITHOUT getting penalised ...

let's take him out the back and shoot him .... how dare he prevent the opposition from getting a roll on through quick PTB

Problem is Sua's defence hasnt been any better this year. I think the coach underestimated how ready he was after his ankle break. I think after a few games in ISC to get his mojo back we will see the player from last year.

Yep , he definitely needs some stability in his best position. Plus give him a breather from first grade, Fifita will need a break eventually.
I really believe Fifita and sua will be an outstanding backrow in the near future.

Glenn is holding up the play the ball on purpose. It's what they all should be doing. It's what Melbourne are famous for.

Shaun Johnson is a different beast against the broncos. Even when he’s out of form he’ll single handedly give the broncos a touch up

To me, Shaun Johnson is a good player, the kind of player even out of form but still can manage the game in another way.

Unfortunately we don’t have a player like that in our team

In the latest game of nominate your scapegoat, the wheel of fortune has landed on Alex Glenn, come on down Alex.
I’m not saying Alex is our major problem of the game, I get it he’s doing his usual form which is why I would say he probably could benefit the team more from the bench as we do have other better options atm.

Has our 30 actually be decided now?

I thought that was the point of it. A bit of public transparency for a change. With the attitude that Seibold is publicly taking with the team, I don’t see us signing anyone before the official June deadline. It could just be an oversight from the Broncos website people that we have them up there too

For mine, it's not the spine so much as the awful defence , especially the left edge, which is the problem. We put on good points against the Raiders who are possibly the best defensive side in th comp at the moment and went down by 4. If those turnstile tries to Leilua were properly defended by a competent defensive unit we would have won easily.

I am however glad to see Dearden in the 21. To me, it is a wake up call to certain players by Seibold who did say he would
re-assess the roster by Rd. 8 and I think he is laying the groundwork, preparing for change.
My issue is that he said he would reassess the roster I. Round 8, probably thinking we would have 3 or 4 wins by then. After 6 rounds we have 1 win. It's like he is sticking to his time frame and doesn't react to the situation that's playing out. If we are 1/8, which considering we have sharks and Rabbitohs is very likely, that's it. Season is done. We would need probably 12 wins out of the remaining 15 games

My issue is that he said he would reassess the roster I. Round 8, probably thinking we would have 3 or 4 wins by then. After 6 rounds we have 1 win. It's like he is sticking to his time frame and doesn't react to the situation that's playing out. If we are 1/8, which considering we have sharks and Rabbitohs is very likely, that's it. Season is done. We would need probably 12 wins out of the remaining 15 games

Given the closeness of the competition that probably won't be enough points. We may very well see a scenario like last year where teams 5 - 8 were all on 32 points (15 wins)

We need a minimum 2 wins from the next 3 games otherwise our season is near mathematically done.

Let's get behind the boys!

Given the closeness of the competition that probably won't be enough points. We may very well see a scenario like last year where teams 5 - 8 were all on 32 points (15 wins)

We need a minimum 2 wins from the next 3 games otherwise our season is near mathematically done.

Let's get behind the boys!
Most likely would need to finish 15-3 for a top 4 berth, 13-5 for top 6, 11-7 for top 8 and 10-8 to avoid the worst season in history. Top 8 is still reality but will require a 60% lift in form. You are right though, lose the next two games and none of those targets are achievable.

Last edited:

My take on this, as I have posted before, is that Seibold appears more concerned about building a team that plays according to his way, as opposed to trying to win a premiership in his 1st year with a roster which is used to doing things in ways very much different to his. Fundamental changes take time, and on top of that he has a lot of young players. He is also showing faith in the players he "inherited" which for mine, is the right thing to do, as long as there are limits to tolerating anyone who can't adapt to his style and methods. Naming Dearden in the 21 seems to show Seibold's planning.

Craig Bellamy has had 15 years to get his structures and processes in place ... Anthony Seibold has had 6 games

Craig Bellamy has also been assisted by arguably the greatest ever hooker (not to mention one of the best game managers of this generation) ... Anthony Seibold doesn't have any of that.

now you are either trying to re-write history OR just never paid attention to teams that Wayne Bennett has named over his career... he RARELY names youth to debut in his spine ...

in fact some of the people that have played in the halves (instead of debuting youth) were guys like Tony Carroll, Alex Glenn and I'm pretty sure that David Staggs and Sam Thaiday played there at some point.

guys like Thaiday and McGuire have played hooker instead of debuting rookies

I was going off the previous comment of players being debuted that I’m happy about that. not just WB debuting people primarily in play making roles.

With our current crop of halves are all young and inexperienced but couldn’ do any worse that our current halves.

I wouldn't call 25 that young, especially if we're talking about in terms of halves making drastic improvements to their games. I can't really think of any halves who have taken massive steps forward after the age of 25, maybe Cronk?

To put his age in perspective, Thomas Dearden will be the same age as Kodi Nikorima in 2026.
Blake Green.

Didn’t realise how far back this was. Dang it.

Last edited:
Strange to say after what we've dished up recently, but I'm extremely confident of a win this weekend. I am expecting TPJ & Haas to absolutely shit on the Sharks pack.

Last edited:
I was going off the previous comment of players being debuted that I’m happy about that. not just WB debuting people primarily in play making roles.

With our current crop of halves are all young and inexperienced but couldn’ do any worse that our current halves.

Why couldnt they do any worse. I'm fairly sure its possible they could.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.