Round 7 - Eels vs Broncos

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
He`s 20 sumpin years old been in talent squads since he was a kid . Has done 3 or 4 NRL pre seasons now . If the coaches and trainers don`t know his physical abilities by now they never will .

If they haven`t worked out his strengths and weaknesses they aren`t doing their jobs . Or are ignorant .
If he was a better player at 2nd row / 4 in defender I think he would be playing there already ?

Does that help you understand ?
Thanks very little. The way I'd use Haas would be in a hybrid role, that is a combo of front and second row. Given that they want to take advantage of his endurance I'd start the match with Haas and TPJ in the second row with Lodge and either Kennedy or Flegler up front. After twenty I'd replace my props and move Haas back up front with the unused one of the duo, Flegler and Kennedy with either Riki or Bullemor taking over the now vacant second row spot.

This way I'd spare Haas from the basic bash and barge keeping him a bit fresher. Besides, It's my fantasy coaching world and I'm KW for a while. I just think that Haas expends a lot of his energy in the first twenty doing a (great)job that could be adequately covered by lesser talented players.

I've thought for a long time that we'd get better value from Flegler and/or Kennedy if we started them. My preference would be Flegler who doesn't seem to handle the 'merge in to the highway traffic' very well but does appear to be in sync with the game speed when starting with everyone else.

Like I said, it's my fantasy but at least you can understand my reasoning even if you do not agree.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
But of course Peter....I knew exactly what the straighty 180, hard-nosed league enthusiast such as yourself, was really driving at. 🙃

TBH...I haven't got a fucken clue.

I've got sketchy recollections of anything past a couple months, unfortunately as a result of years of substance abuse. (Its got nothing to do with age Nashy so **** OFF) but.....
covid hit, we all went into a bubble......mandatory quarantine for all persons for 2 weeks (?).......team then got back together....self-isolated together for 4 weeks (?) ....and then we got back into it.....?

Correct me....(there's a good chance I'm wrong)

Either way...anyway, a team break for off season/xmas has been SOP for decades........being separated / disrupted.....whatever, shouldn't have been an issue at all.....?? Am I being naive?

So what happened? What the **** happened? How does a team implode like that in 2 weeks (theorising) of being separated from each other? Its quite bizarre.

My common sense tells me to discard Morkel's "conspiracy theories" as incoherent, self-serving ...stories. Just because...

Do we turn the focus in tighter......?
It's been no coincidence that Brisbane fire, when Milford fires.....2015......first 2 rounds of 2020. Some games in between.
What happened to Anthony during that turbulent covid19 .......2 week period?

We're in through the looking glass here Pete.....but I've asked more questions than given you answers. I tell you what, chuck 50K(a steal tbh) in my bank account and I'll give it some further thought.

Much to my surprise/disgust..... I'm thinking perhaps some kind of sports head shrink therapy for Milford (?)
I wonder what those close to him know what Anthony knows/thinks......is there such a person at the club(?) How do Alfie and Milf get along
(don't answer that)

😉
From what I remember we looked really good in those first two rounds. Isaako started the season on fire and Milf & Fifita were really strong in those first two rounds. We even defended strongly (Boyd in particular at centre) to hold off a fast finishing Rabbitohs in round 2 with no crowd.

Then, first game back against Parra we got some dodgy 6 again calls and the whole team looked like a dear in headlights, they were too inexperienced to handle the sudden change in rules and it showed. From memory Croft made a break late in the first half and we were down 12-6 or something, then the 2nd half we capitulated. The boys just couldn't keep up with speed of the game. Since then it has been an avalanche of blowouts!

Active Now

• Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosMan
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • kat00
  • Volvo Driver
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.